Sponsored

Alternative filler neck for large diesel nozzles?

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
It's probably way too early to be asking, but are there any alternative filler neck solutions that can be installed to allow the use of large diesel nozzles found at truck stops?

I have the fueling adapter from other diesel vehicles I own (BMW, VW), but it's a messy solution and am interested in something cleaner and more permanent.
Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
It's probably way too early to be asking, but are there any alternative filler neck solutions that can be installed to allow the use of large diesel nozzles found at truck stops?

I have the fueling adapter from other diesel vehicles I own (BMW, VW), but it's a messy solution and am interested in something cleaner and more permanent.
None I know of yet, but I’d like an option that allows all three nozzle sizes without a safety lock of any kind.

Eeshasdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Rubicon
If you check in where your jack is, you may find a surprise. Look on the right side.

Mine came with an adapter for the large nozzles.

OP
OP

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
If you check in where your jack is, you may find a surprise. Look on the right side.

Thanks but you might have missed my second sentence:

"I have the fueling adapter from other diesel vehicles I own (BMW, VW), but it's a messy solution and am interested in something cleaner and more permanent."

It does work for sure, but gets messy since the overflow gets bypassed and have a nozzle covered in diesel to deal with too. At this point though, I think it's the only option without hacking up the filler neck.

Eeshasdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Rubicon
Sorry, I did miss that.

Sponsored

OP
OP

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
No worries! I'll suck it up for now with gloves, a sealed canister, and paper towels. Just annoying to have to do but with the ESR card through TSG Logistics, I'm inclined to use the truck pumps with their discounts.

JMillJr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD 2020

I would have never found that!! Thanks.

I also came across this video for the vw's. I tried it on my jeep briefly but no luck. I didn't want to break anything (yet).

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
After watching that video and taking a close look at mine, I think that piece can be taken out. It also doubles as a safety type mechanism too though. After pulling up to the pump, see if a regular gas pump nozzle can fit into the "hole". It shouldn't fit. With that removed, it will be a lot easier to accidentally mess up and put gas in it.

Just something to beware of if other people may be using your Jeep.

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
Started a new thread before i saw this, ugh. I too would like to have a filler with the bigger hole like my Cummins trucks. Gonna try and get it on the lift this weekend, pull the inner fender and see what can be done. Tech at dealership says there is a sensor up in it but I'm not sure about that (yet).

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Started a new thread before i saw this, ugh. I too would like to have a filler with the bigger hole like my Cummins trucks. Gonna try and get it on the lift this weekend, pull the inner fender and see what can be done. Tech at dealership says there is a sensor up in it but I'm not sure about that (yet).
What would a 'sensor' be sensing? Don't think it would be 'sensing' a plastic spout adapter.....

I don't have the Jeep yet so I have nothing to work with, but I suspect it is just a spring loaded mechanism of some sort.
Sponsored