Sponsored

If there was one thing you could change about your JL...

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Would love the 5.7 hemi

More realistic, if I was patient enough to wait for the delayed delivery of Ocean Blue.
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i love the jeep wrangler and i have to say that jeep is doing well in keeping the traditional jeep design and still running the solid axles and 7 slot grill. yeah, there's some flaws, but that to be expected. i would like to see the key fob cut in half (at lease for the base model jeepers. perhaps jeep should offer the rubi front bumper as an option for the base model.

Zorba

If automakers would do away with trim levels, packages, and sub-models, and allow us to order by LINE ITEM, everybody would be happier. The technology at the factory level to enable this has been around since at least the 1980s, and I'm given to understand that ordering what you want is the norm everywhere but in North America. Heck, my father ordered a 1 ton GMC pickup in 1963 that was built EXACTLY the way he wanted it - and that was in the "paper era". Today's CAM systems make this kind of thing a snap - but Carcos have taken a page from Telcos and Cablecos and stick the consumer with "Packages".

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Switch the amp to the left side in the cargo area.

When you take down the right side (60%) of the rear seat, the amp sticks out and eats into the space. I feel it's more useful to have the full 60% available and unobstructed than the 40%.

Sponsored

KCC_703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
Nope not for me, I have to manually connect it every time. Might be my phone or the system I have but sure is annoying, My old Camaro was instant connect and play, no fooling around to get it going
Hmm... sorry to hear your problems. Take it into the dealer before, and replicate the problem. They should offer to replace the headunit.

I travel for work, and the BT connects reliably... but with the JL it takes a bit longer sometimes. FWIW, I try not to attach the cable until my contacts show up on the screen, which tells me the phone connected to the BT. Then I plug in the cable to access AA. There's another thread floating around with some details about settings on the phone.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
If automakers would do away with trim levels, packages, and sub-models, and allow us to order by LINE ITEM, everybody would be happier. The technology at the factory level to enable this has been around since at least the 1980s, and I'm given to understand that ordering what you want is the norm everywhere but in North America. Heck, my father ordered a 1 ton GMC pickup in 1963 that was built EXACTLY the way he wanted it - and that was in the "paper era". Today's CAM systems make this kind of thing a snap - but Carcos have taken a page from Telcos and Cablecos and stick the consumer with "Packages".
I get your point. Everyone would be happier except for the shareholders. Unfortunately it seems shareholders are the top priority.

Marketeers and beancounters have looked into this with a fine tooth comb. FCA and every other car company has done the math. Packages make money by forcing consumers to buy more whether you need it of not. You like and have to have the 8.4" Infotainment or Proximity door locks? You will have to buy a Sahara or Rubicon.

UTES

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Sahara, 2018 AMG GT, 2019 MB GLC
Occupation
Retired LEO
Now that I've had my new Jeep for a week, the size of the key fob is too large. It's the largest key fob I've ever had, even bigger than the Mercedes "do everything" key fobs.

But, just a minor gripe. This Jeep JLU Diesel Sahara is the highest quality Jeep I've owned. And, I've owned Jeeps since my first CJ in 1980.

Kudos, Jeep.

Hunter

Sponsored

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Reverse gear in the manual is so high you can't back up an anthill without one of three conditions: 1. Smoking/slipping clutch entire way 2. Going so fast it's dangerous (if kids are around) or 3. Giving up and using 4Lo

I could also ask for a V6 with more off-idle torque instead of a car engine with all its power above 5k RPM, but I've given up, haha

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Android Auto connection being more reliable. I've changed the cable out but it's still flaky.
Lower reverse gear
Better steering, especially on the freeway - although I've improved it somewhat.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
How is every answer not the steering. I’m used to it now but whenever I get in my wife’s car I’m like “oh yeah now I remember.”

Love my Jeep and every answer I’ve seen is valid but oh man is that steering hilariously bad. It has all the steering feel and accuracy of a bad game at Dave and Busters.
Sponsored