Sponsored

Jeep Wave Oil Changes

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
Why is it $1000? I have a truck that takes 12 gallons and has two huge oil filters and it's $200 to change.
Someone is changing your oil below cost or using really cheap oil and filters. it may be a special price to get you in the door to upsell. I buy quality Kendall diesel oil in bulk and have fleet pricing on Baldwin filters and I would lose my as_ doing it at that price. Put a techs labor on it and I would have to close the doors. A quick PM service should cost around $500 unless you're giving it away for possible repairs.
Sponsored

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
Someone is changing your oil below cost or using really cheap oil and filters. it may be a special price to get you in the door to upsell. I buy quality Kendall diesel oil in bulk and have fleet pricing on Baldwin filters and I would lose my as_ doing it at that price. Put a techs labor on it and I would have to close the doors. A quick PM service should cost around $500 unless you're giving it away for possible repairs.
Nope that's the price around here with Baldwin filters. I work near a high truck congested area ports where their are shops on every block. But that's besides the point $250 for a oil change on a jeep is ridiculous and anyone paying that is getting taken to the cleaners. It's nothing special just because it's a diesel. For $250 I could change every oil and fluid on my jeep and still have money left over if I did the job myself of course.

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
West Texas Barn Find 1970 Kaiser Jeepster Commando
Vehicle Showcase
Got my first oil change done at the dealer a couple weeks ago (1500 miles) and I used the Jeep Wave benefit. The dealer warned me to take advantage of those before they expire since the oil changes are so expensive. I'll do it myself after they run out.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Got my first oil change done at the dealer a couple weeks ago (1500 miles) and I used the Jeep Wave benefit. The dealer warned me to take advantage of those before they expire since the oil changes are so expensive. I'll do it myself after they run out.
Reality is you can do your own oil change for as little as say $13.00. Yup, $13 or so if you get a rebate on the oil and the oil filter on sale. And that is using quality oil and filter.

Even if you pay full price for oil and filter, it will cost you no more then say $23.00.

I wouldn't let the dealer do my oil change for me even if they did it free an then gave me $30 cash.

You sit there waiting a 1/2 - 1 hr. for them to do the oil change. They put in more oil then they should and the half wit that is doing the oil change will probably leave a mess, may mess up your oil drain plug, etc.. Then you risk them dinging the doors or wheels or whatever and of course then in the end try to upsell you something.

Laughable to take the JL to the stealership for an oil change.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Reality is you can do your own oil change for as little as say $13.00. Yup, $13 or so if you get a rebate on the oil and the oil filter on sale. And that is using quality oil and filter.

Even if you pay full price for oil and filter, it will cost you no more then say $23.00.

I wouldn't let the dealer do my oil change for me even if they did it free an then gave me $30 cash.

You sit there waiting a 1/2 - 1 hr. for them to do the oil change. They put in more oil then they should and the half wit that is doing the oil change will probably leave a mess, may mess up your oil drain plug, etc.. Then you risk them dinging the doors or wheels or whatever and of course then in the end try to upsell you something.

I usually spent that time happy to be out of the office and test driving different Jeeps. Got to drive a 2.0 Rubi, a 3.6 Rubi with the MTs and the sky one touch top, a MOAB, and a Maual JT while I was waiting on those oil changes...

But now that the Jeep wave changes are spent, I'll be doing my own at home now.

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
They just did my first oil change as a part of the Jeep Wave. The receipt says Essential Care oil and filter Package $110. They used Rotella T6 5W-40. Says they used 9 quarts too. I'm assuming its like 8.5 or so. They also rotated the tires for me, even though I swapped the stockers to 38's on beadlocks.

BTW used oil is sent in for analysis, mainly to check for soot. I'll let you know how it looks on a fresh post soon.

I know it seems against conventional wisdom, but I let the computer tell me when to change the oil. it counted down from 100% to 1% and lasted 10,000 miles!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Tell me again the advantage of a diesel engine? Even Elon says they are crazy.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Tell me again the advantage of a diesel engine? Even Elon says they are crazy.
I don't think there is enough we could ever say to extol the Diesel engine's virtues to the compression ignition haters. Is there nowhere else on this forum that you could try to make some good helpful posts in?

It's just so odd that you guys come in here and nay say the diesels when nobody asked you for your opinion. The thread is about getting free oil changes from Jeep yet you're able to twist it into another 'diesels are bad' dead horse beating session.

Odd.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think there is enough we could ever say to extol the Diesel engine's virtues to the compression ignition haters. Is there nowhere else on this forum that you could try to make some good helpful posts in?

It's just so odd that you guys come in here and nay say the diesels when nobody asked you for your opinion. The thread is about getting free oil changes from Jeep yet you're able to twist it into another 'diesels are bad' dead horse beating session.

Odd.
If the beatings persist eventually the dog stops peeing on the carpet.

Russ Chung

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2005 TJ

You can probably save even more if you don't do any oil changes. :) BUT, if you want to protect your 3.0 EcoDiesel engine, you need to use the proper lubricant. See this thread for a discussion of the MS-12991 specs and the use of the correct lubricant.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...il-for-the-3-0-ecodiesel-jeep-wrangler.44439/

The reason for using the MS-12991 lubricant is to reduce the frequency of the DPF regenerations. According to the thread, list price for the oil is about $11 per quart. A good price for the lubricant is about $7 per quart. The 3.0L EcoDiesel needs 9 quarts. The MSRP for the MoPar filter is $90. The "street price" is about $60

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
You can probably save even more if you don't do any oil changes. :) BUT, if you want to protect your 3.0 EcoDiesel engine, you need to use the proper lubricant. See this thread for a discussion of the MS-12991 specs and the use of the correct lubricant.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...il-for-the-3-0-ecodiesel-jeep-wrangler.44439/

The reason for using the MS-12991 lubricant is to reduce the frequency of the DPF regenerations. According to the thread, list price for the oil is about $11 per quart. A good price for the lubricant is about $7 per quart. The 3.0L EcoDiesel needs 9 quarts. The MSRP for the MoPar filter is $90. The "street price" is about $60
Geeez, daaah... you have to use the proper lubricant...

Wouldn't matter if you have a 3.6 or a Diesel variant, it costs less to change your own oil and filter. Also, you are far better off not letting a dealerships oil change guy near your JL.

Now, in regard to Free Wave Oil Changes.......IF I had one of the Diesel variants, I guess I would allow/have the dealer do the Free Wave Oil changes if I could not come up with the needed material at a very good price. I'd be monitoring the free oil changes closely though.

ks1626

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S Ecodiesel
No I meant gallons I still find it too much. I have jeep wave and I don't think I am going to use it. I added a catch can on mine and don't want any questions on it. Also I would like to go full synthetic.
I am thinking about adding a catch can as well, could you post some photos about your setup? Thanks!
Sponsored