First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
Did a simple center console tray. Some do not have an opening to let the light through (and run a USB cable through it). This one is a bargain for $10 and nice quality: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VG6YKGM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
71qySYA9VYL._AC_SL1200_-XL.jpg

Also picked up some Rubber Inserts for the front cup holders to make it easier to clean any small messes (just use the extra pair for coasters at home since the don't fit a JL):
71OuQ6FtGvL._AC_SL1500_-XL.jpg
Those looks like Auovos; do they not fit a Rubicon, perhaps? I have a JLUS and they fit the front and back cupholders quite nicely.
Sponsored

RidgeRider

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Like the exhaust but didn't notice if you are running the 4 cyl or 6 cyl - can you clarify? Thanks for sharing your build.

OP
OP
Focker

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Those looks like Auovos; do they not fit a Rubicon, perhaps? I have a JLUS and they fit the front and back cupholders quite nicely.
Fronts fit perfect, rears don't fit anything. Not sure if the configuration is different in the Rubicon?

OP
OP
Focker

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Like the exhaust but didn't notice if you are running the 4 cyl or 6 cyl - can you clarify? Thanks for sharing your build.
It is the 6 banger :)

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
And for the final bit of fun today, we installed (and took a video to help others) a M.O.R.E. Dead Pedal. LOVE IT!
P1002225-XL.jpg
Oh I need one of these!
BTW, where'd you take the snow pictures near the lake? I live in Auburn and am always looking for places to explore.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Focker

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I need one of these!
BTW, where'd you take the snow pictures near the lake? I live in Auburn and am always looking for places to explore.
That is Union Valley Reservoir. We love that entire area and frequently camp in the area at Ice House, Union Valley or Loon.

I got to try out the MORE Dead Pedal yesterday and it was in my top favorite mod list.

OP
OP
Focker

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
would love to see this video when you get a chance
The build is nice.

I am interested in the exhaust video comparison with the dB values.
I tried different ones that were too noisy, also the AFE performance one...
So for now I'm still with the OEM one.
Just finished a little video of the install, hopefully it is helpful.

NewTXJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just finished a little video of the install, hopefully it is helpful.

This sounds great. much smaller profile and almost as quiet as the stock one. I have the dynomax muffler elimination kit, but that's a little too loud especially while towing. I ordered yesterday as well using the discount code. Thanks

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
Fronts fit perfect, rears don't fit anything. Not sure if the configuration is different in the Rubicon?
Interesting. I think maybe it might be. I know they have the different seat-backs so I wonder if the console situation is also different. It would be a trip if those back liners fit the Sport and Sahara when the Sport is traditionally incompatible with most Sahara/Rubi mods

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
I like the tucked away look of that exhaust. Do you know if it can be installed on the 4-Cyl turbo motor also? Not sure if it matters but better safe than sorry.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Focker

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I like the tucked away look of that exhaust. Do you know if it can be installed on the 4-Cyl turbo motor also? Not sure if it matters but better safe than sorry.
I am not sure they are the same however I see you are from NorCal so if you can't get a solid answer from your dealer and happen to be in the Sacramento area we could take a look and compare.

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
I appreciate the offer! I'm stuck in the Netherlands for now due the the current state of the world (my husband is Dutch). But as soon as we're back I'd love to meet up and check out your wife rig. I just ordered the rubber strip for keeping the stones out of the space between the fender and the body (super annoying) so thanks for the tip!

OP
OP
Focker

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I installed KC replacement fog lights tonight. I don't think they were a big enough improvement over the stock LED fogs and would suggest putting the money towards other lighting efforts.
IMG_3727-XL.jpg

Both photos are with headlights covered...
Stock LED fogs:
IMG_3714-XL.jpg

KC LED Fog Lights:
IMG_3729%202-XL.jpg

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
I installed KC replacement fog lights tonight. I don't think they were a big enough improvement over the stock LED fogs and would suggest putting the money towards other lighting efforts.
IMG_3727-XL.jpg

Both photos are with headlights covered...
Stock LED fogs:
IMG_3714-XL.jpg

KC LED Fog Lights:
IMG_3729%202-XL.jpg
Nice install man, and I appreciate you putting the pics and your findings out there! I sort of agree with you a little bit. Sorry you're not satisfied. From the pictures I see a good improvement, coverage appears to be wider and cut off is crisp and clean compared to OEM. If you were hoping for more and these fog replacements are SAE or DOT certified then I believe that is about as much as you're going to get in the legal realm of it. Manufacturer's hands are tied when it comes to them achieving proper certification, otherwise it wouldn't pass because you would be blinding other drivers.

RidgeRider

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
After looking at a bunch of different replacement fog lights I settled on Baja Designs Squadron which are sold in both street legal SAE configuration at 2,480 lumens and an off-road configuration at 3,150 lumens. Another nice feature is that depending on your bumper configuration you can change out lenses for one of the many options they offer (e.g., replace a broken one or switch between clear and amber) or affix their standard cover. My ARB Bondi bumper lets me do all of these.

Every other fog light replacement I found is below 2,000 lumens with Rigid at 1,760, Morimoto at 1,200, JW Speaker at 1,080 and what I believe are your KCs at only 850. I could not find a value for the stock LEDs but I had guessed about 1,000 which would be confirmed by your tests.

The lighting impact of the Baja Designs SAE (street legal) is clearly noticeable. Through my Tazer, I have enabled them on my stock LED high beams and you can instantly see a major gain in road level and side illumination when switching these on with either high or low beam on. When they are the only lights on it is like a flat low beam in that it is drivable with only the fog lights on which will be great if I have to drive in a blinding snow or fog which I haven't yet had to do with this rig.
Sponsored