Sponsored

Mopar Factory LED turn signals

Xcarbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl Sahara
Has anyone gotten the LED DRL/turn signals to function properly without use of the Tazer JL? Have read some discussions people were able to have dealer flash BCM to add the code but my dealership is saying it’s not supported for those. Only for headlights and fog lights which I have installed but not the tail lights...
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Seems to me,if a Taser can switch it, the dealer programmer should be able to also.

ggilla614

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Engineer
I have a set of the factory LED DRL and turn signals for sale if interested.

OC4X4

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLUR
Has anyone gotten the LED DRL/turn signals to function properly without use of the Tazer JL? Have read some discussions people were able to have dealer flash BCM to add the code but my dealership is saying it’s not supported for those. Only for headlights and fog lights which I have installed but not the tail lights...
I just went through this on my Rubicon. Got a pair of LEDs DRL from a member here. Installation wasn't too bad. However, they worked sporadically and eventually threw an error code and stopped working until I would re-start my Jeep.
I went to 3 dealers, all said they couldn't do it. The Tazer is expensive.
I went with the JScan. You'll need the app for $20, cables- $40 and Code scanner for $30.

JScan.jpg

Sponsored

EB12

First Name
Elvir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
This Jscan sounds like a cheaper option than the Tazer, my led DRLs have been sitting in my garage for three months because i havent wanted to spend the money on a tazer.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
I just went through this on my Rubicon. Got a pair of LEDs DRL from a member here. Installation wasn't too bad. However, they worked sporadically and eventually threw an error code and stopped working until I would re-start my Jeep.
I went with the JScan. You'll need the app for $20, cables- $40 and Code scanner for $30.

JScan.jpg
I did the same as you. I've been going back and fourth with the JSCAN guy to see if he can get the headlight halo as an option for the headlight conversions too. Seems like they are trying....

OP
OP

Xcarbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl Sahara

JScan.jpg
I tried that, they work but cannot get rid of the bulb out message or clear the code from the app. Sent JScan the log but haven’t heard back

OC4X4

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLUR
I tried that, they work but cannot get rid of the bulb out message or clear the code from the app. Sent JScan the log but haven’t heard back
Sorry Bud. Confirming you used the bypass cables? I at first plugged in the code scanner and when the JScan recognized my Jeep I thought I got lucky and didn't need the cables. But, I was unable to make the LED changes. It would not keep the changes.
I then crawled under the dash and used the bypass cable and tried it again. Thats when it worked.

image.png

image.png

OP
OP

Xcarbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl Sahara
Sorry Bud. Confirming you used the bypass cables? I at first plugged in the code scanner and when the JScan recognized my Jeep I thought I got lucky and didn't need the cables. But, I was unable to make the LED changes. It would not keep the changes.
I then crawled under the dash and used the bypass cable and tried it again. Thats when it worked.

image.png

image.png
Thanks for your help! Yes I can confirm I used the bypass cable

Sponsored

OC4X4

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLUR
Sorry. I don't know. I "turn on" LED option for DRL, and turn Turn signals. I have fog LEDs on my bumper and turned those on too.
My warning light turned on only once the first time I turned on my Jeep, but it has been off ever since. Going on two months, now with no problems.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I noticed on mine that it needed a couple start/stop cycles to completely clear up the warning. Apparently it needs to relearn the current draw for the lights or something.

Gregj

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
When I got back from deployment. I upgraded my ‘18 Sahara for the Paintable High Top Fender Flares w/ LED. The dealer flashed. After a few minutes hyper flash. I got the Tazer. Fixed. I am currently upgrading to Mopar LED fog lamps and tail lamps. The Mopar LED headlamps are on back order. The dealer flashed for the dog and tail lamps. Still have hyper flash. Waiting on the headlights and flash to see if the fixes the hyper flash so I do not need the Tazer.
Sponsored