Plenty of time to Detail

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Too much pollen falling in Georgia right now to do a detail!
My jeep is parked outside, and now I have this pesky bird who attacks the mirrors and sh!ts on them! He actually attached my drivers window as I pulled in to the drive yesterday, the little f...er needs to find something else to do!

Pollenated Jeep
IMG_3226.jpeg

IMG_3227.jpeg

Bird sh!t - 2 days worth....
60703185468__9D5CEC30-024D-41DA-8F32-DD85FD65D289.jpeg
I feel your pain with the pollen. Here in NE Florida we’re almost done. Had a neighbor post pics of his just detailed F150 and Mini Cooper and by the time we walked by the next day they both were covered in pollen!

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel
That’s amazing, with a million places for a bird to land they are picking your mirrors. I wonder if they like their reflection in the door window?
It's a small bird that we get in Europe called a blue tit, they are very territorial and when they see their reflection in a mirror they think that it is another one trying to muscle in on their territory.

Eurasian_blue_tit_Lancashire.jpg

The result of this is fighting the reflection in the mirror and lots of shit coming out at the same time

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
Just got laid off this Friday. The company I work for builds high rises in NYC and I was fortunate to work up to this point as job sites were closing all around. Even though I was installing ceiling panels 120 ft in the air, inside the building we had over 50 cases!! Now I will have the shiniest jeep in the area

That sucks.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
It's a small bird that we get in Europe called a blue tit, they are very territorial and when they see their reflection in a mirror they think that it is another one trying to muscle in on their territory.

The result of this is fighting the reflection in the mirror and lots of shit coming out at the same time
Thanks for the education Mark and tell the Mrs. she did a great job with those mirror covers.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

Hate bird droppings but that fellow is one handsome bird!

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Blue Tit? Now that's funny! I had a common ol mockingbird that would poop down the side of my old Chevy Blazer, he got too cocky one day and the neighbor's cat got him.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Too much pollen falling in Georgia right now to do a detail!
My jeep is parked outside, and now I have this pesky bird who attacks the mirrors and sh!ts on them! He actually attached my drivers window as I pulled in to the drive yesterday, the little f...er needs to find something else to do!

Pollenated Jeep
IMG_3226.jpeg

IMG_3227.jpeg

Bird sh!t - 2 days worth....
60703185468__9D5CEC30-024D-41DA-8F32-DD85FD65D289.jpeg
Too bad your Jeeps not a "Hella Yella", you'd look like a bumble bee....

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too bad your Jeeps not a "Hella Yella", you'd look like a bumble bee....
I owned a Velocity Yellow Corvette once. It was incredible how many insect and mainly Bees would be attracted to it. Bees would swarm it every time I washed it.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Tit? Now that's funny! I had a common ol mockingbird that would poop down the side of my old Chevy Blazer, he got too cocky one day and the neighbor's cat got him.
So True about cats. Nature's killing machine. A neighbor had a cat that was killing everything in the area. The cat was extremely clever and unstoppable. It would sit and wait around another neighbors bird feeder waiting for birds. The cat would literally sit and not move for 15 minutes at a time waiting for the right opportunity. Eventually the neighbor with the bird feeder complained and the owner of the cat. The owner of the cat finally put a bell on the cat's collar. Everyone figured the bell would ring and give any bird or pray fair warning to the cat's presence. The cat adapted quickly. The cat figured out how to stalk and move without making the bell sound! Every morning the owner of the cat still had a bunch of birds and rodents on her doorstep. Talk about ninja cat moves! lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
So True about cats. Nature's killing machine. A neighbor had a cat that was killing everything in the area. The cat was extremely clever and unstoppable. It would sit and wait around another neighbors bird feeder waiting for birds. The cat would literally sit and not move for 15 minutes at a time waiting for the right opportunity. Eventually the neighbor with the bird feeder complained and the owner of the cat finally put a bell on the cat's collar. Everyone figured the bell would ring and give any bird or pray fair warning to the cat's presence. The cat figured out how to stalk and move without making the bell sound! Every morning the owner of the cat had still had a bunch of birds and rodents on her doorstep. Talk about ninja cat moves! lol.
Yea I had to move my bird feeder higher up. Sometimes the cat will sit in the tree waiting for the birds that go for the feed that got knocked out and is on the ground. We feed the cats too though. They’re all Gods creatures.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea I had to move my bird feeder higher up. Sometimes the cat will sit in the tree waiting for the birds that go for the feed that got knocked out and is on the ground. We feed the cats too though. They’re all Gods creatures.
Here in chicago they use a feral cat's natural predatory skills for extermination. They actually trap and fix stray feral cats and release them back into the streets so they can help control the rat population. They clip the tip of one ear so the City knows that cat is already fixed so it's not trapped again. The program works. Noticeably less rats.

Last edited:

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Here in chicago they use a feral cat's natural predatory skills for extermination. They actually trap and fix stray feral cats and release them back into the streets so they can help control the rat population. They clip the tip of one ear so the City knows that cat is already fixed so it's not trapped again. The program works. Noticeably less rats.
We do it here to Nick. I’m actually certified for Trap/Neuter/Release. I just don’t have much spare time.

barongan

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cherokee
I had the same problem with a small bird that was attacking my Jeep every morning.

I asked my wife to sew up a couple of covers for the mirrors, and I don't have any more bird shit.....

Old T shirt sleeves.

IMG_2069.JPG
IMG_2071.JPG
That's amazing
Jeep Wrangler JL Plenty of time to Detail {filename}

WrangleDangle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looking give first wax job to my 5 month old Rubicon. I is not garaged. Please advise on wax to use.
My priorities is one that protects paint against pin striping in the woods. Carnauba wax seems to do this well. And
also would like a wax that does NOT make any black plastic have white residue. Please give your thoughts.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored