Sponsored

Jeep owners probably most prepared for Corona Virus

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Yesterday my stock Jeep Gladiator JT went to places in the Daniel Boone National Forest most vehicles couldnt go. I followed a built up 4Runner and didnt feel any of it was a challenge
Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Yesterday my stock Jeep Gladiator JT went to places in the Daniel Boone National Forest most vehicles couldnt go. I followed a built up 4Runner and didnt feel any of it was a challenge
I remember my first time off road too. But it was 20 years ago lol

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Social distancing extended on a federal level until the end of April.

100% of this issue stems from a lost 2 months earlier this year when Trump and his administration had its head up Trumps munificent ass.

100% of the economic destruction that we are seeing ā€” 3.2 MILLION AMERICANS laid off and small businesses closing ā€” is Trump believing (and saying), despite the guidance from government scientists in Jan/Feb, that this would ā€œmagically disappearā€come April...... hint: it didnā€™t. Fauci now says: millions will be infected..... maybe 100k-200k dead.

100% a federal screwup. If Obama or bush, or Clinton, or bush were in office and also did exactly the same thing ā€”- nothing at all done in Jan//feb and also effā€™d up completely the test kits for this ..... I would say the same thing: Fock this Administration. Buck stops at one place: Trump. Truman said it and believed it AND acted it. Trump said ā€œI take no responsibilityā€...... apparently, the buck stops elsewhere. Sad for America.

Last edited:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
That's a lot of blame to lay on one man for a worldwide pandemic.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
That's a lot of blame to lay on one man for a worldwide pandemic.
Agreed. China knew of the severity of the virus 2 months before announcing its existence.

Obummer did far worse, there were 1000 dead Americans from H1N1/Swine Flu BEFORE any travel restrictions were implemented. 60 million Americans infected and 14 thousand DEAD. And he blamed Bush for the healthcare system back then not being able to handle the burden. And you know, H1N1 was worse. It affected children disproportionately, over 80% of those needing hospitalization or ended up dead were UNDER 65 years of age.

But, I only point that out to temper the anger towards President Trump thinking he's doing any worse of it than previous administrations, not to turn this into a political thread.

So an interesting point for the topic of Jeep owners being able to better be prepared for the virus (or any disaster), when combined with the other article about the increase in interest of new car buyers buying Jeeps. We here in KY have the Daniel Boone National Forest. It's huge. Probably takes up 1/4 of the state, if not more. In it is Red River Gorge, a popular hiking/camping area with good paved roads and various off-shoot of OHV trails. The park spans 30k acres of the Forests 2.1 MILLION acres. Recently, because everyone decided to go camping there or visiting or hiking, the place was full (at least, parking lots were). The park has been shut down. And on a beautiful 80 degree day I didn't see hardly anyone else on the trails or non-park camping spots (despite articles about the park's closure stating that the general Forest areas were still open). One JK was out there, trying to recover his son's stuck 4Runner that had been left there for a week (rains made the trails rather iffy to try getting to it). The massive influx of people to the park made me think of just how many people have the same idea of leaving the city and going to the woods/rural public lands. And my stock Jeep JT did fine on most of the trails in the area, if it had even just a 2" lift it could have gotten over large rocks blocking trails going further up (instead of making me drive around them from the other end of the trail).

So if such off-roading is practical for stock Jeeps, and often trails have 2 entrances, can anyone here actually think of a remote enough, difficult enough place to go to for camping that MOST other Gladiator/Wrangler/Cherokee/Tacoma/4Runner owners couldn't?

Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Social distancing extended on a federal level until the end of April.

100% of this issue stems from a lost 2 months earlier this year when Trump and his administration had its head up Trumps munificent ass.

100% of the economic destruction that we are seeing ā€” 3.2 MILLION AMERICANS laid off and small businesses closing ā€” is Trump believing (and saying), despite the guidance from government scientists in Jan/Feb, that this would ā€œmagically disappearā€come April...... hint: it didnā€™t. Fauci now says: millions will be infected..... maybe 100k-200k dead.

100% a federal screwup. If Obama or bush, or Clinton, or bush were in office and also did exactly the same thing ā€”- nothing at all done in Jan//feb and also effā€™d up completely the test kits for this ..... I would say the same thing: Fock this Administration. Buck stops at one place: Trump. Truman said it and believed it AND acted it. Trump said ā€œI take no responsibilityā€...... apparently, the buck stops elsewhere. Sad for America.
How much are you getting to shill the board?
.50 cent a post?

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Agreed. China knew of the severity of the virus 2 months before announcing its existence.

Obummer did far worse, there were 1000 dead Americans from H1N1/Swine Flu BEFORE any travel restrictions were implemented. 60 million Americans infected and 14 thousand DEAD. And he blamed Bush for the healthcare system back then not being able to handle the burden. And you know, H1N1 was worse. It affected children disproportionately, over 80% of those needing hospitalization or ended up dead were UNDER 65 years of age.

But, I only point that out to temper the anger towards President Trump thinking he's doing any worse of it than previous administrations, not to turn this into a political thread.

So an interesting point for the topic of Jeep owners being able to better be prepared for the virus (or any disaster), when combined with the other article about the increase in interest of new car buyers buying Jeeps. We here in KY have the Daniel Boone National Forest. It's huge. Probably takes up 1/4 of the state, if not more. In it is Red River Gorge, a popular hiking/camping area with good paved roads and various off-shoot of OHV trails. The park spans 30k acres of the Forests 2.1 MILLION acres. Recently, because everyone decided to go camping there or visiting or hiking, the place was full (at least, parking lots were). The park has been shut down. And on a beautiful 80 degree day I didn't see hardly anyone else on the trails or non-park camping spots (despite articles about the park's closure stating that the general Forest areas were still open). One JK was out there, trying to recover his son's stuck 4Runner that had been left there for a week (rains made the trails rather iffy to try getting to it). The massive influx of people to the park made me think of just how many people have the same idea of leaving the city and going to the woods/rural public lands. And my stock Jeep JT did fine on most of the trails in the area, if it had even just a 2" lift it could have gotten over large rocks blocking trails going further up (instead of making me drive around them from the other end of the trail).

So if such off-roading is practical for stock Jeeps, and often trails have 2 entrances, can anyone here actually think of a remote enough, difficult enough place to go to for camping that MOST other Gladiator/Wrangler/Cherokee/Tacoma/4Runner owners couldn't?
Thats because the media covered for Obama... so they could pass the ā€œobama careā€ bill.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I already live in the woods - right next to the largest state park in FL. As for the politics in this thread, for the Trump haters, hindsight is always 20-20, and quite convenient for them.
Sponsored