OP

Asusundevil

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Wrangler and purchasing a JL Wrangler
A daily driver that won't really be offroading? Sahara and it's not even close.

The ride on street will be much better and more appropiate for someone who's not a Wrangler enthusiast. Not to mention it's two years newer, full warranty, can probably get a better deal and you'll have peace of mind being the original owner. I would also say 45k is a pretty terrible deal for a used 2018 with an original MSRP of 53k. About 38k is more appropiate and that's before Corona, not during.

Thank you, we are going to keep looking for a Sahara and try to find the best deal. I just told the Rubi owner we are going to pass.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Asusundevil

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The biggest challenge in finding the best deal on a Sahara is my wife wants the Sky One-touch and it isn’t negotiable. i tried to convince her the 3 piece top would give us more flexibility, but she said she would end up never taking any of the top off.

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
The biggest challenge in finding the best deal on a Sahara is my wife wants the Sky One-touch and it isn’t negotiable. i tried to convince her the 3 piece top would give us more flexibility, but she said she would end up never taking any of the top off.
tell her, if she ever had a car with t tops, it's about as challenging....actually, it may be a little easier.

SnowDog

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Sahara is definitely the right call. And I agree with the poster who said that prices will be dropping quickly soon. Hang out for a bit and get yourself a bargain.

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
We had a similar issue with my wife’s Jeep. 2018 brand new Sahara 6 cyl very well equipped vs new 2020 JLUS 4 cyl moderately equipped. Sahara a bit cheaper. Went with the 2020 to get as far away from the initial early build issues as possible, and we didn’t place much personal value on the extras included in the Sahara. Two months later my wife said “our next Jeep needs to be a Rubicon”. I got a hard on. I did a lot of research, we built one online to her exact specs, and saw we could get it for a few thousand more than we paid for the JLUS. Found one on a dealer lot about a hundred miles away equipped very close to what she wanted (it had the nav/premium sound upgrade that I really liked), and traded my 5 month old Ford Edge for it. I kept her Jeep and she drives the Rubi. Both of us couldn’t be happier. A little while ago she said “don’t you just love the weekends”. When I asked her why, she said “because you get to drive the Rubicon”. I’d echo what a couple others have said— check out a brand new Rubi.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Asusundevil

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara is definitely the right call. And I agree with the poster who said that prices will be dropping quickly soon. Hang out for a bit and get yourself a bargain.
I just received an offer for a 2020 JLUS - MSRP $52,750 Sale Price 16% off $44.3K. Only downside is it is the Billet Silver
Options - Premium Audio, leather, anti-spin rear axle, remote proximity, 2.0l I4 engine, LED lighting, trailer tow package, sky 1-touch

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I just received an offer for a 2020 JLUS - MSRP $52,750 Sale Price 16% off $44.3K. Only downside is it is the Billet Silver
Options - Premium Audio, leather, anti-spin rear axle, remote proximity, 2.0l I4 engine, LED lighting, trailer tow package, sky 1-touch
You could also order what you want, especially if there's an option (the sky roof in your case) or a color.

I had to have a Punk'n Rubi soft top, so I ordered and got the same discount as I would have if I picked one on the lot.

As much as I love the Rubicon, I agree with the suggestions that the Sahara sounds like a good option for your wife. Good luck!

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
That sounds like a pretty sweet deal. The vehicle is almost exactly what I got for my wife, except my wife had to have yellow. The power top is absolutely worth it! The only premium feature that is lacking is Selec-Trac, but that's not really necessary in AZ.

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
they are gorgeous, go for it, I love the 1 touch top option, wish mine had this.

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
I’d wait a few months for prices to crash. There are going to be a lot of people wanting to unload the big monthly payments and a lot of dealers trying to unload unsold inventory. I would hesitate buying a used Jeep too. Especially that year. I would wonder why the person unloaded it at only 5000 miles.

Sponsored

JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
I've got a Bright White and initially I would have never gone for the Billet Silver but every time I see one it's grown to be one of my favorite colors on the JL, something about the way the curves look in that color. If I had to choose something other than White, it would be it. Don't say no to it just yet

Prado

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
I was in between both as well. Purchased mine about a month ago. As I wouldn’t do much off roading I went with the Sahara Altitude. I also got the dealer to throw in rubicon wheels and I powder coated them black.

This is my first Jeep Wrangler and I already have a list of things I want to do to it. My plan is to lift it 2.5 in. and add 37 inch tires, also going to change the hood to a rubicon hood and remove the decals.

(I do sometimes regret I didn’t get the rubicon though...)

As others have mentioned, I would wait to see what deals you can get in the upcoming weeks.

Good luck!

5EDC2A44-EA15-4CC9-8E11-4FC21ED51A5F.jpeg

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I was in between both as well. Purchased mine about a month ago. As I wouldn’t do much off roading I went with the Sahara Altitude.

This is my first Jeep Wrangler and I already have a list of things I want to do to it. My plan is to lift it 2.5 in. and add 37 inch tires, also going to change the hood to a rubicon hood and remove the decals.

(I do sometimes regret I didn’t get the rubicon though...)
Congrats on your purhcase. You’ll also want to budget for a re-gear, as the stock 3.45 won’t be very good on 37’s.

If you do off-road be very cautious about the Sahara’s front Dana 30 holding up with 37s

Last edited:

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
drive them both on highway to make sure they can drive in a straight line (alot of Fiat Wranglers cant) and dont wobble, wander or shimmy.

If your wife does not rock crawl, the all wheel drive of shara is likely better choice for snow on roads and dirt trails.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
@Asusundevil I would say go Sahara, as that's what I have, and it does all that I ask of it.
If your wife wants the Sky One Touch, be sure that whatever you end up buying also has the Proximity locks, they are another creature comfort feature. Mine doesn't have them, and it bothers me, my other cars have it, and the Jeep key fob is big! If you don't have to get it out of your pocket every time you get in and out, that's a good comfort feature to me!
Sponsored