JW Speaker Evo J3 Headlights for JL

spreadhead14

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
Okay, for those that have done their research on the fitment of the JW Speaker Evo J3 headlights on JL's know that it doesn't work. Even Quadratec stopped advertising that it fits JL Wranglers. I am hell bent on getting this to work on my 18 JLU rubicon for many reasons. Firstly, JW Speaker is the best in the business. Secondly, these new headlights are completely dope! So, I called JW Speaker and spoke with a territory rep (Socal). Here's the situation. They will work, however the passenger side needs an extension to the make the connection. That's why these headlights aren't compatible with the JL's and JT's, for that matter. In theory, it will work, once the extension is put in place. Now, has anyone done this or know of anyone that has made this work? The rep said, as of now, JW Speaker isn't working on an extension, to his knowledge. I figured we could figure something out! Also, they are going on sale beginning April 1st. Big price drop, from what he said.

Also, the 7 inch bucket kit #8200693 will work with these headlifghts

xkyykcjp5ydtaoe5skwj.jpg
Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Okay, for those that have done their research on the fitment of the JW Speaker Evo J3 headlights on JL's know that it doesn't work. Even Quadratec stopped advertising that it fits JL Wranglers. I am hell bent on getting this to work on my 18 JLU rubicon for many reasons. Firstly, JW Speaker is the best in the business. Secondly, these new headlights are completely dope! So, I called JW Speaker and spoke with a territory rep (Socal). Here's the situation. They will work, however the passenger side needs an extension to the make the connection. That's why these headlights aren't compatible with the JL's and JT's, for that matter. In theory, it will work, once the extension is put in place. Now, has anyone done this or know of anyone that has made this work? The rep said, as of now, JW Speaker isn't working on an extension, to his knowledge. I figured we could figure something out! Also, they are going on sale beginning April 1st. Big price drop, from what he said.

Also, the 7 inch bucket kit #8200693 will work with these headlifghts

xkyykcjp5ydtaoe5skwj.jpg
You could buy a male and female connector along with some wire and terminals. They are in the Molex MX150 family IIRC.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Lite Brite just installed a set of JW Speaker EVO J2 headlights on their giveaway JT. I believe @Kevin8086 posts on these forums, so you might want to ask what, if anything, they did to get those to work. Might apply to the J3.

tsyrphlame

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Current status? I'm in the same boat--anyone made the manual wire connections yet?

Sponsored

OP
OP
spreadhead14

spreadhead14

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
Current status? I'm in the same boat--anyone made the manual wire connections yet?
So I made the purchase and they work great! Just not the turn signals, yet which JW Speaker will be coming out with soon. I love them!

RyanP

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr JL Rubicon
So I made the purchase and they work great! Just not the turn signals, yet which JW Speaker will be coming out with soon. I love them!
Anyone have an update as to when JW Speaker will come out with the turn signal cables?
Sponsored