Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think there is any need for a high idle running a winch on the 3.0. Hell I ran the entire spool on my Zeon 10s when it was on my 3.6 with the engine off and the battery didn’t flinch. Maybe someone on here can enlighten me as to what a high-idle is buying in terms of winch performance or longevity of the entire system.
The batteries on diesel engines are strong and big and there is a good chance you have two (I cant remember if that was a stock thing). In any case, a modern, quality winch won't draw too much from your rig and is likely not a big deal on occasion. This is a debatable point but it is argued to be safe and just run your rig. It would be terrible to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with a dead battery AND precariously wedged on a crag. The biggest selling point (IMO) for a high idle is two fold;

One, after heating up the engine from hard work or driving fast, you can let the motor idle at high to pump the fan, coolant, and oil through the system to even out the engine temps through the block/heads/intake and turbo. Run it for a good ten minutes or so, kill the high idle and let it chug for a few seconds to equalize the fuel rail and then shut her down. This is good practice to protect the engine overall.

Second, a high idle allows for a more refined air/fuel mixture and burns cleaner. Idling typically runs rich, which causes incomplete combustion and substantially increases soot production. Soot buildup clogs EGR systems and your DPF prematurely. This leads to expensive repairs to the EGR and increases the frequency of cycling of the regen which dramatically impacts MPG and DEF consumption. If you leave your rig to sit and idle for extended periods of time, turn up the high idle to protect against soot buildup. Think about remote start, i have a bad habit of warming up the car and then realizing 15 minutes later i've made three trips back into the house or office to grab stuff or talk to someone on my way out. Or, if you live in a very hot area, the air conditioning works a whole lot better when high idle is on.

Hope that answers your questions. High idle is a big selling point for me in the Tazer.

Last edited:

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase

Elijiog

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep jl ecodiesel
Anyone install amp steps on there ecodiesel yet?

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
AB3B3AE1-036A-484D-9A21-CE6918624303.jpeg
Well, lookie here. Check out what just showed up on my doorstep.
I’ll do everything I can to get these out this weekend.
I messaged you a couple days ago if you voted. You get first crack at these for the rest of the week. After that, it’s first come first serve. There’s only 7 “The O.G.” stickers left from this discounted run. After that, if people want me to make more, the price will unfortunately go up by one USD to cover the actual cost of printing. I had no idea just how many people would be asking for!
Awesome! Great job and a big THANKS!

Sponsored

TPJULR3.0D

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC AT4 Diesel
Of all the fun with FCA I think the information they share is crazy! Seeing all the orders come in I hit up chat to check on mine and well the response was not good;

Sarah
Currently the production has been stopped; your order will remain in the current status until production resumes.

Sent the dealer a note to see if I get yet another answer and wonder if I should try and snap up one of the MANY appearing at dealers here in the NW. There are 14 available within 150 miles of me!

Thrilled for all those that are getting there's and I've only been waiting since 2/7 and know some are still waiting that ordered before me so those "should" go first. At least I would think that's the right path.....
FCA must decide on production by pulling a name out of a hat . I ordered a diesel Sahara on November 3 rd and never got past the gathering of parts and never made it to the build stage . A friend ordered a rubicon diesel in December ( same dealer )and in February it was built and started shipping phase He received it end of February. February 11 , I called my deal and told him to cancel my order for the Sahara and to send a new order in for a diesel rubicon . I was convinced they were building those first . My rubicon diesel moved through the build phases in a timely manner and is now in the delivery stage and has supposedly left the factory for shipping. Received my window sticker yesterday and a ETA of March 24 - April 7 . My dealer is thinking delivery by the weekend . I think at best 2 months from time of ordering to delivery. I don’t understand their system of build orders . Very unfair and no proper sequence of build from orders received. FCA said they are going to deliver all vehicles already through inspection while the production line is shutdown . Build orders are definitely decided by picking out of a hat !!!!

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Tom, my Wrangler was delivered today. As others have mentioned thank you so much for your efforts in getting our Jeeps delivered! Picked it up in the middle of a major thunderstorm so I don’t have a great picture to post but it’s home!

3563842C-1DB3-426D-9826-C9E4A8811FC4.jpeg

023FD22A-CFFB-4A91-B0CE-DB04BA7B4A26.jpeg
Congrats! Looks good in the Rain Too! Moved you to "DELIVERED!"

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Delivered, Took a while at the dealer because they were busy but made it out. It was dark when I finally got out of the dealer but what I see I like. 34 Days from order to delivery. I don't understand it. I was not expecting it till June.

jeep day 1.jpg

jeep day one.jpg
That is AWESOME! May I suggest you play the lottery...you have great timing! Moved you to "DELIVERED!"

Sponsored

Dasher320

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2003 TJ, 2020 JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Does this work on Diesels as well?
Both the tire pressure and start/stop changes work on my diesel. I also found out from Metalcloak that the aftermarket LED turn signals in their fenders (and other brands as well) can cause a bulb out light on the dash and the lights may not function correctly, but the Tazer will fix that as well. I'll be installing those this week so I will be able to confirm first hand.

Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD 06 Corvette. 16 FLTRU
Occupation
Lighthouse Keeper, Retired Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Salesman just emailed me to say my Jeep is on the train and should be at the dealership in a few days. I ordered on 12/11/19