Sponsored

FIX for key fob key opening in my pocket every ten minutes.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
Here's what I did. I got a little rubber plumbing washer with a whole in the center that is about 1/8 inch thick. You can get these in Home Depot, or Lowes in the isle where they have the metal drawers with screws and washers or the plumbing isle. Looks like a tiny rubber donut. Use some "GOOP", that glue is a rubber cement that can be removed easily when you need or want to remove it. IE when you sell the vehicle or return it with the key fobs. Put a little goop on the washer and just slide it over that stupid button that you push every single time you move your leg more then 4 inches when you walk or sit. The Goop dries overnight, or in just a few hours. Don't worry about the Goop getting on the chrome button, it doesn't hurt anything. Now you won't trigger the button. If you need that manual key, which most likely you won't for quite some time if ever, just peel off the washer and you can easily push the button.
Sponsored

Ferly007

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR and 2018 JL 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
I took a rubber band and put it on the end of the key and closed the key. Cut the extra rubber band off that was hanging out. The rubber band was just enough to hold the key in its place. Now the when the button pushes the key will open just ever slightly but it will not poke you. If you needed the key you can open it, and just replace the rubber band.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
3DABA455-E60E-44DF-9E93-CB9A13BADF0D.jpeg

I just use one of these for my keys and clip it to my belt loop. I hate having them in my pocket.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've got to 2nd BillG above. The Gibson fob holster is a piece of functional art. I have the black leather w/ red stitching to match my Rubicon, no clip because I use a carabiner with a short strap that allows it to be clipped to the front belt loop and the fob to hang suspended in my front right pocket, and I chose the windowed version which makes it easy to navigate the buttons through the jeans and also protects from unwanted button presses.

joshrude

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
I got an entire new fob. I believe AJT designs is the name. No more key problem.

Sponsored

Quetzal

First Name
ERIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Teacher
Amazon has an awesome rubber key fob holder for Jeep that not only protects it from water and drops, but keeps it from popping open! Only about $10 in red, blue and black I believe.

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
its usually not a problem for me. i have to use the key to get in the jeep.

sudeepi

First Name
Durga Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara UL, 2014 Honda CR-V
3DABA455-E60E-44DF-9E93-CB9A13BADF0D.jpeg

I just use one of these for my keys and clip it to my belt loop. I hate having them in my pocket.
Yup, I just do the same. A Jeep key fob hanging to my pant looks stylish :)