Sponsored

What happened to Insane Audio's JL3001 head unit?

jessedoesitall

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Stuff
Vehicle Showcase
My 5" connects automatically, too, but it takes about 30s; it does not automatically switch to it.
ever since the update when I swithch to the bluetooth it plays from the phone for 5 seconds and then stops and asks me to pick a source
Sponsored

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
ever since the update when I swithch to the bluetooth it plays from the phone for 5 seconds and then stops and asks me to pick a source
Mine stays on bluetooth. What update? Phone or Uconnect?

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
Would hope Father’s Day coming up provides a good discount on this unit.

cwmartin59

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
I received my JL3001 Head Unit this week and installed it Saturday afternoon. I took me a couple of hours, but that is because I was taking my time to do it correctly. I used the external mic, and I removed the dash pad and the driver's grab handle to run the mic cable our of sight. Installation was easy an very straight forward. I had watched a video that showed the install. This video had discussed connecting two wires (red and back) between two the harnesses to allow rock-cam viewing, but in that video that person said it was not required if you weren't using Rock Cams. I followed that advice since I don't have Rock-Cams. I learned that these two wires provide power to the backup camera. Once I fixed that issue, back up camera worked. Initial startup was quick. Plugged in Android Phone (Android S8+). Unit worked great. I was able to connect to several apps through zLink after Android Auto was downloaded. However, that only lasted a say and now zLink hangs up. Tried loading SirrusXM App, I was able to load, but the Head Unit would not allow me to access my Sirrus account. I tried typing Username and Password several time, but the Head Unit said the information was invalid. SirrusXM worked via zLink before zlink quit working. I still like the unit. It has a lot of potential, but documentation could be better discussing the process to interface your phone with unit. Radio was clear and crisp. Insane Nav software worked as advertised. The 9 inch display is amazing. The ODBII data being displayed is awesome also.

Joe_S

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I received my JL3001 Head Unit this week and installed it Saturday afternoon. I took me a couple of hours, but that is because I was taking my time to do it correctly. I used the external mic, and I removed the dash pad and the driver's grab handle to run the mic cable our of sight. Installation was easy an very straight forward. I had watched a video that showed the install. This video had discussed connecting two wires (red and back) between two the harnesses to allow rock-cam viewing, but in that video that person said it was not required if you weren't using Rock Cams. I followed that advice since I don't have Rock-Cams. I learned that these two wires provide power to the backup camera. Once I fixed that issue, back up camera worked. Initial startup was quick. Plugged in Android Phone (Android S8+). Unit worked great. I was able to connect to several apps through zLink after Android Auto was downloaded. However, that only lasted a say and now zLink hangs up. Tried loading SirrusXM App, I was able to load, but the Head Unit would not allow me to access my Sirrus account. I tried typing Username and Password several time, but the Head Unit said the information was invalid. SirrusXM worked via zLink before zlink quit working. I still like the unit. It has a lot of potential, but documentation could be better discussing the process to interface your phone with unit. Radio was clear and crisp. Insane Nav software worked as advertised. The 9 inch display is amazing. The ODBII data being displayed is awesome also.
Thanks for the input. I was thinking of ordering this since I'll be working from home for a while.

Sponsored

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
I've been running this for months now, I to had issues with the zlink thing but found it's not needed at all. ANY app I want to use I just download right to the head unit. The only thing my phone does is blue tooth link for calls and provide the hotspot for data.

Using Android auto on this unit defeats the entire purpose of having native android OS.

I had some login in issues with the xm app as well. I uninstalled it and re downloaded and it works fine now

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
After watching quadratecs video of this headunit I can’t wait to pull the trigger on this radio. This will be a nice touch from the 5 inch computer monitor that shouldn’t be an option. And it’ll go great with the American sound bar soon to be added when released and a few jl audio 8’s! Have 2 jl audio 10s going in rear! I love the clean looking fit to this radio for a 9 inch. Absolutely hate a friend of mines radio cause it sticks out and hangs over! Anyone using Apple CarPlay? I have a xs max and need to know if it works pretty well with this systems Bluetooth? And can movies be played while driving?

Sponsored

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Ordered mine today! And can’t wait to get it. It’ll be a week or so. Anyone have any recommendations or install help for when I get it? Seems like there’s a lot behind this radio then just a plug and play radio

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
Ordered mine today! And can’t wait to get it. It’ll be a week or so. Anyone have any recommendations or install help for when I get it? Seems like there’s a lot behind this radio then just a plug and play radio
The only wires you have to connect are the power and ground for the camera( and it's all in their harnesses).. otherwise it is plug and play

Do you happen to have the factory aux switches? Idc for it working on the radio but will the buttons still work?
I have the aux switches...they will still operate as you have them set up, but so far the support is not there to program in this unit... I'm hoping this comes sooner than later

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
The only wires you have to connect are the power and ground for the camera( and it's all in their harnesses).. otherwise it is plug and play

I have the aux switches...they will still operate as you have them set up, but so far the support is not there to program in this unit... I'm hoping this comes sooner than later
Tha is a lot. I ordered it. All the ac inputs and stuff function as well? I have the 5” unit and couldnt wait to change it. It cuts out randomly cause of my amp install

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
You think 2 wires is a lot??

Do you mean Aux inputs? If so yes they all work
Sponsored