Sponsored

How do you start a class action lawsuit?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

SS, like you, I don't like complainers. I don't raise them. Life's tough, and as many a coach on parenting has said to the parents in attendance, "show of hands, how many of you have children that complain?" (some hands rise)

...coach: well its your fault.

So I get that you feel this feature pretty small. I get hat happy lives involve put things into perspective--(am I getting you?)

But doesn't a part of you want companies making money hand over fist to be motivated to keep their promises--or maybe (and this is cooll) you see companies like people: i.e. "everyone screws up now and then."

or maybe you just want to OP to take his action, or not, and get off his soapbox.....
Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
SS, like you, I don't like complainers. I don't raise them. Life's tough, and as many a coach on parenting has said to the parents in attendance, "show of hands, how many of you have children that complain?" (some hands rise)

So I get that you feel this feature pretty small. I get hat happy lives involve put things into perspective--(am I getting you?)

But doesn't a part of you want companies making money hand over fist to be motivated to keep their promises--or maybe (and this is cooll) you see companies like people: i.e. "everyone screws up now and then."

or maybe you just want to OP to take his action, or not, and get off his soapbox.....

Russ,

No one is letting FCA off the hook. If anything we have advocated letting FCA address this in a reasonable time and as I said repeatedly to the OP don’t push for a “knee jerk” reaction that may not even be the real issue. A few of us that are in production engineering positions know first hand you can’t rush multiple companies to give a proper assessment in an unreasonable amount of time. Again all the OP has proven is no functional knowledge of how companies work or the time and resources needed to.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

As to your other questions:

I am not saying this feature is "small" in a dismissive way. Not that you are implying that. I do think in the grand scheme of things this one is pretty low on the list to some other issues that have been seen / reported. I have stated I understand the disappointment, frustration, and in some anger.

Both actually. I however feel that it is too soon to break out the pitch forks and hang FCA. Yes they are a company and everyone screws up. I do honestly feel they did their best to improve upon an icon and did a great job. I am willing to give them some more time / leeway before I burn them at the stake.

***EDIT***

Also to be clear my meme with DiCaprio was not directed at this issue or the people that are disappointed that the ORP needed to be removed. That was directed towards members that not only ignore because they don't like what they read but also feel the need to post it. It is extremely childish and gives off that entitled feeling.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bwahahaha. He did roast you pretty good there, though! I’m biased toward that kind of pedantic BS, however, since I am an officer of the Grammar Police!
Hazards when responding from a mobile device and autocorrects wipes out “couldn’t” while I’m still hunting and pecking at small keys with my big meat hooks and I miss it.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

4WHLFUN

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
You know who wins in a class action suit right? The Lawyers!!

Especially on something so monitarily insignificant. FCA will say it’s a 99 cent app, the lawyers will get millions and the Jeep owner will get 5 cents.

I always love it when I get these things in the mail....I think the last one I got was from LG lying about energy usage on refrigerators. I don’t even recall the specifics now but it was something like supposedly the fridge was costing me $25 more a year in energy costs than advertised. The lawyers who took it to court got a cool million for their time and expenditures and I got a check for a couple bucks. Not sure who started the class but they really helped the little guy show LG......NOT.

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
You know who wins in a class action suit right? The Lawyers!!

Especially on something so monitarily insignificant. FCA will say it’s a 99 cent app, the lawyers will get millions and the Jeep owner will get 5 cents.

I always love it when I get these things in the mail....I think the last one I got was from LG lying about energy usage on refrigerators. I don’t even recall the specifics now but it was something like supposedly the fridge was costing me $25 more a year in energy costs than advertised. The lawyers who took it to court got a cool million for their time and expenditures and I got a check for a couple bucks. Not sure who started the class but they really helped the little guy show LG......NOT.
In the past month I have been notified I am eligible to join a class action suit against: 1 Ticketmaster, 2 Wells Fargo, 3 Equifax, 4 Anthem Health Insurance, and 5 MLB.TV. I personally would not put any effort into these but It doesn’t cost me anything and I am glad someone somewhere is holding corporations accountable for their actions.

Sponsored

Hip2u77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine: '14 JKUR, Hers: '18 JLUR
I think it's fair to say nearly every member here who upgraded to the 8.4 at least partially did so for the highly advertised Offroad Pages. So in a sense, it was worth more or less a couple hundred bucks to most, and some would not have made the upgrade without it.

I seriously doubt many people bought the 8.4 because of off-road pages. We bought the 8.4 because that was the only option to getting NAV. We've had an '07, '12, still have our '14 and now an '18. All Unlimited Rubicons. I can only think of a single time in all those years where a built in roll and pitch gauge would've saved me the 2 minutes it took to download an app to answer what was nothing more than curiosity, "How steep is this?" (A side hill by Poison Spider in Moab.)

Personally, I don't get the hype. If the off-road pages had a front camera to help with spotting or anything other than something you can already get on your dash, or tons of apps for free, then I could understand, but. . . I don't.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If the off-road pages had a front camera to help with spotting or anything other than something you can already get on your dash, or tons of apps for free, then I could understand, but. . . I don't.
This is what would be more appealing to real off road users.... Alpine Electronics is making units that do just that with selective camera angles/positions.

BillArnett

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
This is what would be more appealing to real off road users.... Alpine Electronics is making units that do just that with selective camera angles/positions.
Land Rover has a thing like that, too. But I found it not very helpful because the screen is so small.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Land Rover has a thing like that, too. But I found it not very helpful because the screen is so small.
Anything on 7” or smaller screen will be.... 8.4” or something like a 9-10” wouldn’t. Alpine restyle is around 9” and the one I demoed was very nice and clear.

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
The Raptor has a front facing "Rock Cam". It's pretty cool!
Sponsored