OEM auto dimming rear view mirror

WarlockLord

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
That is awesome to hear I’m still fighting trying to get my off-road pages working as well. So your mirrors is now working
Yes, both mirror and ORP are working.
Sponsored

ASarsano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Occupation
SFC - 68W
Vehicle Showcase
Worked with Joe from Z automotive on enabling the icon on the uconnect. He knew exactly what needed to be done and programmed mine using a bcm flash. He said it would be easy to incorporate into a future release. He also enabled off road pages on my self upgraded uconnect 8.4.
Defiantly I treated in working with em to get my off-road pages working

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR, Sky One Touch
Looks like the beta is up on Zauto's web page for download. Works for me. Offroad Pages working.

Cerberus

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2003 TJ Sahara
does that mean with the new tazer update you can activate offroad pages ?
Yes. You will need to download the beta firmware and update you tazer jl. Once I activated it in the jeep and did the reboot, the off road icon appeared on the uconnect. Everything works great. Now I'm just waiting for the auto dimming mirror update.

Sponsored

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. You will need to download the beta firmware and update you tazer jl. Once I activated it in the jeep and did the reboot, the off road icon appeared on the uconnect. Everything works great. Now I'm just waiting for the auto dimming mirror update.
Cerberus, Have you noticed if your 4x4 indicator in the dash is working after activating the ORP? My ORP is working but the 4x4 indicator on the dash and on the ORP on the radio do not show 4x4 changes.

Cerberus

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2003 TJ Sahara
Cerberus, Have you noticed if your 4x4 indicator in the dash is working after activating the ORP? My ORP is working but the 4x4 indicator on the dash and on the ORP on the radio do not show 4x4 changes.
I just went out and checked. All of my 4x4 indicators are working correctly. The dash and the radio take a few seconds to change but do come on. I dont know if It makes a difference but i have the 6 speed manual.

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just went out and checked. All of my 4x4 indicators are working correctly. The dash and the radio take a few seconds to change but do come on. I don't know if It makes a difference but i have the 6 speed manual.
Yup I turned ORP off rebooted and turned it back on and rebooted. All is good in the world now and everything works great. So Happy. Also waiting on auto dim. But to be honest. I haven't needed to dim it at all. Rear tint is taking care of that.

Davaug79@

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Yes 8.4. I swapped the 8.4 in a few months ago from the 5”, my Jeep did not come with auto dimming mirror. But the radio always had the icon from when I installed it, just didn’t do any thing when I touched it. Once I installed the mirror ran the wires and touched the icon, the icon changed from white to orange and Auto-dimming works. Tested it with a light and on the road.
Would love to talk to you about your process

Sponsored

Davaug79@

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Yes 8.4. I swapped the 8.4 in a few months ago from the 5”, my Jeep did not come with auto dimming mirror. But the radio always had the icon from when I installed it, just didn’t do any thing when I touched it. Once I installed the mirror ran the wires and touched the icon, the icon changed from white to orange and Auto-dimming works. Tested it with a light and on the road.
Did you take any pics of the process. I am about to do the same thing and I am so lost.

ASarsano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Occupation
SFC - 68W
Vehicle Showcase
Did you take any pics of the process. I am about to do the same thing and I am so lost.
I didn’t take any pics of the mirror swap it was pretty straight forward. What questions do you have?

ASarsano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Occupation
SFC - 68W
Vehicle Showcase
Did it have to be activated before work and did you do any special wiring
as I posted in my original post here: “The main issue was once the overhead harness was installed there were no wires in corresponding slots in the connector behind the Passanger side a pillar. (Yellow/Pink (Ignition switched) and a Orange/Violate (BCM)) check ur connectors behind the passanger A-pillar u should see these 2 on the over head harness plug but if u check the body side of the plug there not pinned. I added 2 pins and ran the wires to the Compass module (they share the same wires) and it’s now working on the radio etc. SOS and Assist buttons function too”

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
as I posted in my original post here: “The main issue was once the overhead harness was installed there were no wires in corresponding slots in the connector behind the Passanger side a pillar. (Yellow/Pink (Ignition switched) and a Orange/Violate (BCM)) check ur connectors behind the passanger A-pillar u should see these 2 on the over head harness plug but if u check the body side of the plug there not pinned. I added 2 pins and ran the wires to the Compass module (they share the same wires) and it’s now working on the radio etc. SOS and Assist buttons function too”
Great info. Where do you get missing pins for the plugs?
Sponsored