Altitude as a daily drive

Myka L

First Name
Myka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Does anyone have a comment on the Heavy Duty Suspension / gas shocks that come with the Sport Altitude? If the Jeep is a daily driver for a family member, will that make a big difference from the standard JL that is fine for her to drive?
Sponsored

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Blackbear
I just got a Sahara Altitude and I think the Sport Altitude has the same suspension. I had a JKU black bear with 2.5” AEV and 285/70-17 Bridgestone REVO 3s. The ride difference is absolutely staggering on the new JLUS. Very well mannered and I do think it is good enough for a daily driver family ride. The ride feels more like a typical SUV. I don’t have any steering issues or dead spots as I have heard others report, it drivers great. I have the turbo 4 and love it with the 8spd. I was coming from a 6spd V6 and I prefer the new engine. I also went with the sky roof and the window noise seems lower than my old hard top with headliner. The JL has a ton ton of refinement built into it. I should have traded in my 2016 JKU sooner!
I have a 2nd and 4th grader That I shuttle to school every morning and they fit fine in the back, plus they really like the new Jeep.
I would go to a long test drive to help make up your mind and build your own opinion.
Good Luck

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, you actually want to gas shocks as they are an upgrade over the sport. Remember the Sahara is tuned to have the best ride quality and that suspension set up would be your best option for the smoothest ride quality.

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
I drive a Sport Altitude as a daily driver and part of what drew me to it was the improved suspension and shocks.

No complaints regarding the ride or steering but my last Jeep was a two-door TJ 10 years ago. So this JL has a luxurious ride in my eyes.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I daily drive a '20 Sport Altitude and I'm amazed at how much better it drives than my '15 Sahara. Don't get me wrong, my Sahara drove very well and I loved every minute of owning it but my Sport Altitude feels more refined and quieter.

Sponsored

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just heads up...even on the 2020s, you still have to pop the hood and push down the fuses. I had many of the cartridge fuses seat further in the nest

OP
OP
Myka L

Myka L

First Name
Myka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Really appreciate responses. Thank you.
I am doing a bit of research and the special editions are the best buys. The Sport Altitude should be looked at by anyone who wants a hard top. You get so many little (& big) things thrown in. I am also looking at the Black & Tan edition because my one requirement was the technology package and that came standard.

How does the interior look with the gloss black?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

How does the interior look with the gloss black?
If you are asking about the gloss black on the Sport Altitude, I think it looks really sharp. I wasn't specifically planning on buying an Altitude, but my sales person had one with the options and color that I wanted. I fell in love the moment I saw it.

OP
OP
Myka L

Myka L

First Name
Myka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If you are asking about the gloss black on the Sport Altitude, I think it looks really sharp. I wasn't specifically planning on buying an Altitude, but my sales person had one with the options and color that I wanted. I fell in love the moment I saw it.
Thanks, its not something I can rate in video.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I had a JKU black bear with 2.5” AEV and 285/70-17 Bridgestone REVO 3s.
Can you comment on how these Revo 3’s were? I am looking at them at Costco ( have a big gift card) and want a tire that holds wet roads better than my KO2s. How did they look? Thanks!

Sponsored

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you comment on how these Revo 3’s were? I am looking at them at Costco ( have a big gift card) and want a tire that holds wet roads better than my KO2s. How did they look? Thanks!
Tires looked great in my opinion. It was the right balance of aggressive appearance with a p rated tire. I tried some ridge grapplers that were C rated and I hated the ride, so I switched out to the Revo3s and it was way smoother. I felt the AEV lift and ridge grapplers were too harsh together but the Revo 3s worked made life a lot better. They are not as quiet as a Sahara Bridgestone but I wouldn’t say they are loud. Probably around the same as a KO2 I would guess.

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
Does anyone have a comment on the Heavy Duty Suspension / gas shocks that come with the Sport Altitude? If the Jeep is a daily driver for a family member, will that make a big difference from the standard JL that is fine for her to drive?
today at the dealer this was there, tall ride, gorgeous sting grey, check the front window and the side stickers

20200320_132058.jpg

20200320_132320.jpg

20200320_132259.jpg

20200320_132106.jpg

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
today at the dealer this was there, tall ride, gorgeous sting grey...
What a beauty! And there’s another one next to it too!!? A quick look at the additional sticker and that dealer is going to make a sucker out of someone.

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Love my Sport Altitude Sting Grey. Coming from a GCherokee with its comfort, the wrangler isn’t too bad. I drive interstate often, and it’s not too bad. I’ve made a couple five hour drives, and it’s plenty comfortable for an old guy like me.

danotje

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Love my Sport Altitude Sting Grey. Coming from a GCherokee with its comfort, the wrangler isn’t too bad. I drive interstate often, and it’s not too bad. I’ve made a couple five hour drives, and it’s plenty comfortable for an old guy like me.
I daily a Rubicon after 2 years in a GC and feel the same way. Not sure what the fuss is about...it’s really a great ride!
Sponsored