David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered the Smittybilt tire carrier today. i don’t like really like SB, half my Jeep is SB. Go figure

Ive now reached the point in Jeep ownership of “fuck it, I guess I’m going to just replace the entire damn vehicle”.
Congrats, acceptance is step 1.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I picked this up as a daily driver a couple days ago. Plus my wife wanted her own trail rig to go Jeeping with the Girls Jeep club. So I am getting out a grinder and a saw zaw to make more room for the tires. Time to trim the fenders.

08361684992_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=QbNkt4--GUcAX8bZRlb&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-2.jpg

THEREED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Nice hot sunny day for once so I messed around with Plasti-dip and put on the rear light covers between coats.
I'm not sure about the gray Sahara...
Might do the Jeep in black and Trail Rated badge in gray before making the final call.

20200319_185729.jpg

20200319_170515.jpg

20200319_184339.jpg
Thinking about the same taillight guards. Do you have the blind spot monitoring system? Any issue With the guards effecting it? I read some reviews where some said it was an issue. Looks great btw

LearRigh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2020 JLUS w/ one-touch top
Occupation
Logistician
Thinking about the same taillight guards. Do you have the blind spot monitoring system? Any issue With the guards effecting it? I read some reviews where some said it was an issue. Looks great btw
Thanks, haven't driven with them on yet, but no false positives sitting in my driveway. I'll update if I do end up having an issue.

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
I picked this up as a daily driver a couple days ago. Plus my wife wanted her own trail rig to go Jeeping with the Girls Jeep club. So I am getting out a grinder and a saw zaw to make more room for the tires. Time to trim the fenders.

08361684992_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=QbNkt4--GUcAX8bZRlb&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-2.jpg
Very cool XJ’s are extremely capable I think of them as the JKU before the JKU:like:

Ripcord

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I have them on mine, and also have the BSM system. No issues at all. They are a pain putting them on, and wouldn't you know it, 1 week after putting them on, my reserve light went out lol...oh well

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase

I had a 99 XJ and put 250,000 abusive miles on it. You're wife is going to love it.

LearRigh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2020 JLUS w/ one-touch top
Occupation
Logistician
I have them on mine, and also have the BSM system. No issues at all. They are a pain putting them on, and wouldn't you know it, 1 week after putting them on, my reserve light went out lol...oh well
The hardest part for me was unclipping the cable connection, nearly bruised my thumb with how hard you have to push down on the clip. Got smart and used a trim tool for leverage, after that it was a breeze. 30 min on the first one, 10-15 min on the second one.

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase

There is a guy on Youtube that runs a recovery business I think in Utah that uses several XJ to extract rigs. I've seen him pull Class B motorhomes out of the sand with these and F-350s out of the mud. It's a good watch on your spare time. I think it might be Matt's Towing and Recovery, maybe.