Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Hits Dealer System - 1st Official Look @ Engines, Options, Packages, Features!

Chinster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there any Information on the dimensions and WEIGHT of the JL, JLU ?
Would love to see this !
That stuff will be in the press materials when they officially reveal the JL. Wouldn't be info that hits dealer systems right now.

But it might be the type of info that suppliers/vendors have been provided though. Maybe they'd like to share :bandit:

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
But it might be the type of info that suppliers/vendors have been provided though.
It would definitely be required by the after-market suspension parts mfrs months ago, therefore likely a lot of people (under NDA of course) have access to this info.. but.. hopefully Jimmy who just ended his summer internship at XYZ suspension and is now back at college might share his "what I did this summer" show & tell with the class. ;)

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
First person to get the HP/torque numbers on the Hurricane engine option gets a cookie.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Do we still not know which blue/s will be offered? The original post just said blue was mentioned, and I thought I remembered seeing which one mentioned somewhere, but that could have just been in my head.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Do we still not know which blue/s will be offered? The original post just said blue was mentioned, and I thought I remembered seeing which one mentioned somewhere, but that could have just been in my head.
Well, the mention of Blue is now in the notes on the first page of this thread, but it was mentioned (along with Green) earlier in a delear info drop.

Since neither blue nor green is in the official press launch list for the 2018 JK, although Baja yellow is, then I would say that the reason the blue and green are not currently in the dealer system options for the JL is because it will be a late availability option for the JL likely next year around the time of the Special Editions or maybe close to the 2018/2019 overlap.

Phenomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Well, the mention of Blue is now in the notes on the first page of this thread, but it was mentioned (along with Green) earlier in a delear info drop.

Since neither blue nor green is in the official press launch list for the 2018 JK, although Baja yellow is, then I would say that the reason the blue and green are not currently in the dealer system options for the JL is because it will be a late availability option for the JL likely next year around the time of the Special Editions or maybe close to the 2018/2019 overlap.
That would suck. I really want blue because it looks great on Wranglers but I'm not going to wait longer for it.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
That would suck. I really want blue because it looks great on Wranglers but I'm not going to wait longer for it.
I agree. Looks like the launch color options are shaping up to be limited to black, white, and wild.

Sponsored

Ashley_1984

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited
I ordered my sahara on August 12th. Should being production Oct 2nd. Ship date Oct 4th. Since the new JLs won't be revealed till the LA auto show, mine would be a JK right?

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I ordered my sahara on August 12th. Should being production Oct 2nd. Ship date Oct 4th. Since the new JLs won't be revealed till the LA auto show, mine would be a JK right?
Yes, yours would be a JK... No offense, but it shocks me that people pay as much money as they do and don't really know what they're getting. Again, no offense

Ashley_1984

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited
Yes, yours would be a JK... No offense, but it shocks me that people pay as much money as they do and don't really know what they're getting. Again, no offense
I went in to order a 2017 sahara in chief and he said I would be getting a 2017 body but 2018 on paper is how he explained it. Didn't really care, as long as I got the options I wanted, with the chief color. It could be a piece of poo, as long as it was chief. LOL

Ashley_1984

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited
I may be reading to much into it but in the vin it has JL. probably just wishful thinking but I was kinda hoping

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I may be reading to much into it but in the vin it has JL. probably just wishful thinking but I was kinda hoping
It will be a JK, but it will be a mature design, whereas a JL might leak and have other first year issues. Also, I highly doubt the Chief colors/package will be available on the JL, at least for the first year. You'll get a great JK with a great color scheme, and you'll love it! It is a Jeep, after all, every bit as much as a JL will be. Post pics when you get it!
Sponsored