2020 EJS (Easter Jeep Safari) [Cancelled due to Coronavirus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm in Zion right now and had air bnb in Moab the next 3 nights reserved. Got an email today saying my air bnb is cancelled and refunded. City shutdown. So if I go to Moab tomorrow as planned, I have no where to stay and no where to eat. Right now we are contemplating still going to run trails and find an empty parking lot to sleep, or take a 20 hour drive back to Texas.
Exactly. Lots of people will just be sleeping on the street corner - imagine if you're an international traveler.

I don't know if Colorado has freaked out yet - you might check Cortez to make your drive home more manageable
Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I am in the biotech industry, and our company has one of the tests for corona.

The rate of infections in Colorado is very high. I suspect some states donā€™t have the frequency of testing, but Colorado is a real exponential curve.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

The rate of infections in Colorado is very high. I suspect some states donā€™t have the frequency of testing, but Colorado is a real exponential curve.
In that case I shall increase my panic level from extreme to XXextreme!

In other news that doesn't involve mass hysteria....Sand Flats is not charging right now so (while it's not a huge deal financially), go run Fins N Things and Hells Revenge for free!

I ran FnT today, was great. Now back in Colorado so if I stop posting just assume the virus got me

edit: as of posting Colorado has not yet gone completely insane - I was able to actually walk into a bank lobby, hand teller a check and walk out w cash!

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I'm in Zion right now and had air bnb in Moab the next 3 nights reserved. Got an email today saying my air bnb is cancelled and refunded. City shutdown. So if I go to Moab tomorrow as planned, I have no where to stay and no where to eat. Right now we are contemplating still going to run trails and find an empty parking lot to sleep, or take a 20 hour drive back to Texas.
Good luck to you.....

Find a hotel/motel or Airbnb outside of the zone to stay?

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L

What is the rate of infections and is Colorado testing more and therefore simply finding more than other places?

also, what does ā€œreal exponential curveā€ mean? COVID-19 is on an exponential curve everywhere ā€” that is the nature of having and R-0 of 2.4. What does ā€œreal exponential curveā€ mean?

Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
What is the rate of infections and is Colorado testing more that therefore simply finding more than other places?

also, what does ā€œreal exponential curveā€ mean? COVID-19 is on an exponential curve everywhere ā€” that is the nature of having and R-0 of 2.4. What does ā€œreal exponential curveā€ mean?

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
most are still flat, colorado looks true to form as you say.

https://www.kuer.org/post/coronavirus-and-utah-what-you-need-know#stream/0

I would assume most of the variation is testing and timeframe of when infections started. but it got real when I saw the graph. Honestly we (San Diego) are not even testing symptomatic people unless they are about to be hospitalized. There are not enough tests for our population. Doctors exposed are not even being given tests.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
most are still flat, colorado looks true to form as you say.

https://www.kuer.org/post/coronavirus-and-utah-what-you-need-know#stream/0
actually, I didnt day that. I said that the disease has an exponential curve given an R-0 of 2.4 . I donā€™t know what Colorado looks like.

coloado has a total of 189 cases with 6 new cases reported today,

youā€™re in Biotech. What does Coloradoā€™s logarithmic chart look like vs. other western states? And, when data out of Italy seems to be suggesting that certain drugs to treat hypertension in older adults may be one of the underlying causes of the high mortality rate in Italy, what are your thoughts there giving that Colorado metroplexes skew younger?

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
actually, I didnt day that. I said that the disease has an exponential curve given an R-0 of 2.4 . I donā€™t know what Colorado looks like.

coloado has a total of 189 cases with 6 new cases reported today,

youā€™re in Biotech. What does Coloradoā€™s logarithmic chart look like vs. other western states? And, when data out of Italy seems to be suggesting that certain drugs to treat hypertension in older adults may be one of the underlying causes of the high mortality rate in Italy, what are your thoughts there giving that Colorado metroplexes skew younger?

The public data is in that chart in the link I sent. Based on whatā€™s in the news here, I doubt there is enough testing to confirm an R0. Was 2.4 based on Chinese or italian Data? In terms of your other question only work on the develop side for testing.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
The public data is in that chart in the link I sent. Based on whatā€™s in the news here, I doubt there is enough testing to confirm an R0. Was 2.4 based on Chinese or italian Data? In terms of your other question only work on the develop side for testing.
last post on here from me on this we should move it to another thread

Unscientificly I think Italy is an older population

there is a subset of the cases in San Diego that are believed to have got the virus from skiing in Colorado.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
The R-0 is the WHO and CDC estimate based on all current data (from a few weeks ago).

thanks, understood on other questions.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
What I am finding interesting is what Civil Libertarian groups are going to try to do about situations like this, if anything?. For instance, the ACLU in the past has sued Cities (and won) when cities attempted to remove homeless camps from public land. I believe that I understand, perhaps incorrectly, that the basis of the cases are that camping on public land is ā€œrightā€ when no other facilities are available. This document seems to confirm that:

https://www.aclu-wa.org/file/101615/download?token=zvf4spb_

Interestingly, in this order in Utah, the county has shut all housing facilities and also made it illegal to ā€œcamp on public landsā€. It is unclear to me that the county can prevent anyone from entering the county (can they?) ā€” despite their desire to only allow ā€˜essential visitorsā€ and ā€œprimary residentsā€. If I can legally enter the county, then I have no place to sleep...... and, if these court cases are to be believed, I have a ā€œrightā€ to camp on public lands.

note, Iā€™m not a lawyer and certainly not a constitutional lawyer, but I am curious if any civil liberty group will file a suit over orders like this. And, if they do, it will be interesting to follow the outcome.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
The thing that is clear is the people in power in Moab believe tourists will spread the virus quicker than without tourists. They donā€™t want tourists there while this is going on. Honestly having less people around especially food shortages makes sense. I canā€™t comment about the homeless side of this.

unless something changes we will not go to moab for ejs. Still hoping sand hollow is still in play, but Vegas shutting things down I doubt it will be.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
The thing that is clear is the people in power in Moab believe tourists will spread the virus quicker than without tourists. They donā€™t want tourists there while this is going on. Honestly having less people around especially food shortages makes sense. I canā€™t comment about the homeless side of this.

unless something changes we will not go to moab for ejs. Still hoping sand hollow is still in play, but Vegas shutting things down I doubt it will be.
Yep, agree.

I am just curious if the action (or any similar action) is constitutional. I imagine that there will be cases filed over stuff like this (maybe here, maybe not). I likely have missed huge elements that would underpin the arguments. I just find it interesting that the county wants to decided who can enter the county and who can stay.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.