Sponsored

If there was one thing you could change about your JL...

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
1. Make a service manual in hard-copy available for gods sake! Those CD/DVD based manuals that only run on a windows PC are a total PIA. The only windows PC I have is a $4k software development laptop that my company provided for me. There is no way in hell that is going out in the garage and getting used with grease covered hands. And, I have two CD manuals for my motorcycles, neither of them have an index. It's impossible to find anything in them.
2. I agree with others about the Dealership experience. When I owned a Land Rover Discovery that cost me far less than my JL, I would pull up to the service area and they would come out and reference me by name without me even telling them who I was. Every dealership visit had a loaner available. Very nice!
3. The headrests in the seats. Make them tilt less that 45 degrees forward. I cannot tell you how much my neck hate them.
4. Yes. Steering. This really isn't about the JL as much as it is about FCA owning up to the fact that there is something really wrong with the programming and equipment of the JL steering system.
Sponsored

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
What about on the 2 door? Can't be done, as there isn't room. Therefore, it will never be done on the 4 door either.
Plus... wouldn't you wind up with donut instead of a full size spare?

Greenjeepthing

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport Mojito
Occupation
Retired Automotive Service Manager
Thats a fair question. I went for a long ride the other day, and here in Vermont the roads get tons of frost heaves by the end of winter. I was getting tossed around the cabin for at least 50 miles . I really had no idea it would ride that poorly before I bought it. You have to have all wheel drive in VT. I have had Outbacks and Audis and the Jeep caught my attention . Mine has selec -trac and it was great this winter. If I had known the SFS gave such a shitty ride on bumpy roads maybe I would have kept my All Road, maybe not. On the highway and smooth roads , I can live with it. Will I buy another ? Probably not. I love it though even if it aint perfect.
It's a Jeep thing.

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I don't know about "trust" toward a vehicle maker. But I'd put my money down on a GM vehicle before I put it down again on a FCA product. But, "trust" isn't a word I'd use in a sentence with FCA either.
My last two trucks were RAM's, including my current 19 RAM Longhorn 4x4 (which happens to be my favorite vehicle to date) and they have been 100% trouble free. Fit and finish of both great and not even a rattle. I am a truck / SUV guy and have only owned two cars in my life. Have owned numerous Chevy / GMC trucks and Blazers, 2 Nissan Hardbody's (mid 90's) and lots of Ford trucks including 3 Raptors...Enjoyed them all but had more issues with all of them than my 16' RAM which I put 83,000 miles on it before trading it for my 19 RAM Longhorn-love this truck!

Now with my 20 JLR, so far (only have about 1600 miles on her) the only issue I have had was the damm ESS system (just a couple days after taking delivery) and turned out to be a loose connection at a relay and has been fine since repair. Outside of that, so far it has been great! Drives and handles great, tracks straight as an arrow and (without high side winds which I have not been in yet) at 75-80mph is vibration free and easily stays put in the lane. Now I do have some minor adjustments to make on the drivers door (sits in a bit too far-easy fix. What is unfortunately a 'Jeep thing" are the dimples in both doors by the hinges-this there is no excuse for...

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
have day time running lights come automatically.
I have the LED package, I just leave it on “auto” and haven’t touched my light switch since I owned the Jeep. (Except for a few times when my knee knocked it out of auto).

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
i have seen that, and am actually excited about the possibility. i have driven a stick all my life, and this one by far took me the longest to figure out. Plus i have smelled it a couple of times, also something i have never had happen.
Hope it works out for all you manual guys.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Removeable side windows for the 2 door Hardtop. Been mentioned before, but keep on beating that drum, FCA does read these Forums
Removable side windows would be cool. Add 1/2-doors if your beating the FCA drum.
Sponsored