Start of 3.0 Production

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
I know I drove one at the dealer quite a bit but shit I’m getting closer and closer to being one of the last oct orders still unfulfilled :headbang:
I’m not sure how you have hung in there this long. I’m not a patient person. But the JLURD is an awesome ride. Amazing how it handles 37’s with 3.73 ratio and still has great torque. I really think the 37’s make it ride better. Good luck.
Sponsored

Gman53

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Land Rover Defender X
I know I drove one at the dealer quite a bit but shit I’m getting closer and closer to being one of the last oct orders still unfulfilled :headbang:
Hey Joe,

Hang in there. October 12 order here and still not delivered. However I’m hopeful for delivery next week. Also hopeful to have delivery before any possible Corona delivery interruptions which may become a real possibility in the coming days/weeks.

runjhike

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
I’m not sure how you have hung in there this long. I’m not a patient person. But the JLURD is an awesome ride. Amazing how it handles 37’s with 3.73 ratio and still has great torque. I really think the 37’s make it ride better. Good luck.
37s improved the ride of my Raptor so I don’t doubt it. More built-in squish like adding extra travel.

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
Cwu21,

I know how you feel. I’m 2 VIN behind you, and it hasn’t even shipped yet. Last I heard it’s in inspection. Taking over a month to get from Ohio to you is terrible. I’m a bit closer to Ohio.....maybe mine will only take 3 1/2 weeks shipping........

nforkjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel / 2020 JLURD Delivered !
Cwu21, Your not alone, I ordered 10/14, still waiting, got the build sheet and window sticker and I do think it is in inspection, hope it ships soon. Got loan approval and ready to go.

Sponsored

LotaBoot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JLU EcoDiesel (built : waiting on delivery)
Occupation
Digital Product Experience Designer
At this point, there have been several people that have offered to chip in for the "Yellow Can Club" stickers. So once we have a winner we will let everyone know and then for those that are interested in getting one will need to send me their mailing address and I will purchase them, address them and send them out to everyone that wants one.

Unfortunately, I don't like the black and prefer it to be seperate.
For y'alls consideration.
This is just a low-res version for review. The original file is vector.
Small detail: I gave Eugene 7 teeth to match
yellow-can-club_lottaboot.jpg
his namesake's grille.

View attachment 292713

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
I agree, it rides better than my 3.6 did. The 10% stiffer springs seem better matched to the weight. Hopefully the AEV triple-rate springs are the same or better.
I am counting on the AEV to be even better! I think they put a lot of engineering in them to make them right.

DIESELD

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco-Diesel, ordered 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Eco-Diesel
So I’m about a week away from getting my diesel. Any suggestions or pointers. Dealer wash or no wash. Anything at all let me know. Thanks.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
his namesake's grille.

View attachment 292713
Sorry, but no. I’m not into cartoon characters. My vote is for one of Tom’s designs.

Sponsored

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
Rockhard midwidth aluminum bumper and smittybuilt winch added yesterday. Ran out of daylight. We will spool up the winch today. Have the LOD rear bumper and tire carrier to do yet and I'm a bit nervous about the sensors.

89635957_2774240219338716_8030975358981373952_n.jpg

LotaBoot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JLU EcoDiesel (built : waiting on delivery)
Occupation
Digital Product Experience Designer
Sorry, but no. I’m not into cartoon characters. My vote is for one of Tom’s designs.
No problem, just tried to pay some homage to our rigs’ battle-hardened history. To each his own.

I’m a noob here—speaking of battle-hardened, I know some of you have been waiting on your rigs for going on 5+ months.

gnome

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.... 1994 base YJ .......... 2006 Dakota ..... ..... 2020 Sahara 3.0D
Occupation
retired IBEW electrician
his namesake's grille.

View attachment 292713
No problem, just tried to pay some homage to our rigs’ battle-hardened history. To each his own.

I’m a noob here—speaking of battle-hardened, I know some of you have been waiting on your rigs for going on 5+ months.
Welcome to the yellow can club.
I like it a lot, and i've got as much to say about it as anyone ( see post #1219, birth of the YCC), But I'll go with what ever the group picks.
I like your shadowing on the letters, and the over all graphic design quality jumps out at you. We could definitely use your talents to help make the finale design PoP.

When did you pick up your diesel?

Mtngreen4wd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLUR, ‘96 XJ
Im still an Oct holdout as well...supposedly mine is in transit and scheduled for March 27th arrival at the dealer. I was supposed to be headed for Costa Rica on the 24th but this stupid virus shenanigans looks like that may not happen. If not, my damn Jeep better show up....I’ll believe it’s real when I drive it from the lot.

gnome

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.... 1994 base YJ .......... 2006 Dakota ..... ..... 2020 Sahara 3.0D
Occupation
retired IBEW electrician
I think our first step it to pick a type of sticker. such as opaque vinyl , clear vinyl, or die cut decal.

All of the designs are good, but none are suitable for all of the materials. Picking the material will help finalize the design.

Die cut decals, are for the most part, are a glass only application. Gives the best appearance.
Opaque vinyl will have a background color to define the edges. This type may work better for tool boxes, hardhats, bumpers, etc...
Clear vinyl will have no background color on glass, but will show the color of what it is place on.

In the one man one vote category, I like the versatility of the opaque vinyl. I also like the black background because on dark tint windows it is as good as the clear, and on a tool box it would look better than a clear one.

It's all good... its just a sticker.... ;>)
Sponsored

Last edited: