2.0l turbo Exhaust thread.

MLS_AZ

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Thanks for the positive feedback, Hoosier! We're glad to hear that you are loving the new system! :fist bump:
I just put a MagnaFlow Dual tip axle-back (#19388) on my 2.0. I "had to" replace my stock muffler after smashing the exhaust pipe in Moab a couple of months ago...
The installation was stupid easy, took about 45 minutes for somebody who has never messed with an exhaust. I love the sound, not too loud but gives off a much stronger tone, mellows out when cruising but growls when you punch it. It also looks great, the black smaller muffler blends in, and losing the trash can underneath is a big aesthetic boost.
I am looking at the MagnaFlow axle-back exhaust as well for my 2019 JLU 2.0.

Did you leave the resonator on or remove it?

Any opinions (MagnaFlow?) on removing or leaving the resonator?

Thank you!!
Sponsored

HoosierUte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara, 2018 Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Intellectual Property
I am looking at the MagnaFlow axle-back exhaust as well for my 2019 JLU 2.0.

Did you leave the resonator on or remove it?

Any opinions (MagnaFlow?) on removing or leaving the resonator?

Thank you!!
I left the resonator, just swapped the muffler. I wasn't looking to get a crazy loud growl, I love the sound now.

MLS_AZ

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I left the resonator, just swapped the muffler. I wasn't looking to get a crazy loud growl, I love the sound now.
OK, thanks for the reply! I think that's what I want as well, just a good, louder deep sound so I can hear the engine. :fist bump:

UPDATE: Got the MagnaFlow exhaust installed and it sounds great. Good quality sound and no rap.....I like the results!

Last edited:

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0t, 22 Volvo XC60 T8 ER, 06 Audi A3
After growing tired of the Borla 2.0t touring climber timeline, I decided to look around for comparable systems...

I landed on the Magnaflow rock crawler cat back based on the sound clips and install video from XT!

It’s the most complete version of an actual sound recording

The exhaust system was the last piece of the bolt on “power mods” (Paired with the Mishi intake and IC pipe w/GFB DV+)

Just installed this evening...and only drove home from my buddies garage, but so far so good!

I might make my own sound recordings after it mellows out... more to follow...

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
After growing tired of the Borla 2.0t touring climber timeline, I decided to look around for comparable systems...

I landed on the Magnaflow rock crawler cat back based on the sound clips and install video from XT!

The exhaust system was the last piece of the bolt on “power mods” (Paired with the Mishi intake and IC pipe w/GFB DV+)

Just installed this evening...and only drove home from my buddies garage, but so far so good!

Please let us know how it sounds in person. I too have been waiting for the borla touring climber and am getting sick of waiting. I need more clearance for sure. Hit a boulder on the Rubicon trail this summer and have been looking for an upgrade.

Sponsored

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

We'll keep an eye out for the sound clip. Thanks again for choosing Magnaflow for your Jeep!

Army68F20

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Any update on that sound clip Rub-ISH? I’m thinking the Magnaflow rock crawler cat back is my next purchase.

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any update on that sound clip Rub-ISH? I’m thinking the Magnaflow rock crawler cat back is my next purchase.
no sound clips yet. Been pretty busy, but I have put about 1k on the exhaust since install.

Multiple runs between LV and LA have given me a pretty good feel for this system.

Overall I’m happy... it’s fairly quiet, except on cold starts with the elevated idle.

There is also a spot just below 2k rpms that is a little more pronounced but not really a drone.

The exhaust sounds good at wide open throttle but there is no mistaking it for anything other then a European 4 cylinder.

Really good sound as it climbs into higher rpms such as on ramps and lane changes.

I will also say that it my current set up of intake, ic pipe & exhaust would benefit greatly from a tune. Seems to me that the way I’m configured has the power band and transmission a little out of sorts on the low end.

Jeep has set up the trans to always push to the highest gear but with the change in restrictions all the way through the intake/exhaust path I find that I have to lay into a bit more to get a down shift and the proper gear. (Not exclusively exhaust related, just a bi product)

The increased flow allows the turbo to be more efficient at higher rpms but the transmission kind of fights that... hopefully there will be a day when shift points on the auto can be improved.

I didn’t really see great mpg gains but I suspect that has more to do with the intake resulting in the ECU trying to keep air fuel trims in line.

I still intend on getting a sound clip up just not sure when...

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I am running the Borla climber in the Touring version. Very happy with the sound, and I hated the big silver anchor hanging below the bumper.

My Jeep was one of the test vehicles and was used in their sound clip video:

wyobob44

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 , 17 Indian Chieftain, 12 Ford F-350 Dually 4X4, 74 Jeep Wangoneer
Occupation
Retired
I am running the Borla climber in the Touring version. Very happy with the sound, and I hated the big silver anchor hanging below the bumper.

My Jeep was one of the test vehicles and was used in their sound clip video:

so i know you do not work for Borla, but what is your best guess for them to release the Touring version of the Climber, right now for the Climber all the show on their site is the Type-S. And i am holding out hope that they will release your cat-back touring some time soon

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
so i know you do not work for Borla, but what is your best guess for them to release the Touring version of the Climber, right now for the Climber all the show on their site is the Type-S. And i am holding out hope that they will release your cat-back touring some time soon
I don't know why it's not released already... I've been very happy with the prototype. Will see if I can find out anything (crossing fingers since as you mentioned I do not work for them).

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no sound clips yet. Been pretty busy, but I have put about 1k on the exhaust since install.

Multiple runs between LV and LA have given me a pretty good feel for this system.

Overall I’m happy... it’s fairly quiet, except on cold starts with the elevated idle.

There is also a spot just below 2k rpms that is a little more pronounced but not really a drone.

The exhaust sounds good at wide open throttle but there is no mistaking it for anything other then a European 4 cylinder.

Really good sound as it climbs into higher rpms such as on ramps and lane changes.

I will also say that it my current set up of intake, ic pipe & exhaust would benefit greatly from a tune. Seems to me that the way I’m configured has the power band and transmission a little out of sorts on the low end.

Jeep has set up the trans to always push to the highest gear but with the change in restrictions all the way through the intake/exhaust path I find that I have to lay into a bit more to get a down shift and the proper gear. (Not exclusively exhaust related, just a bi product)

The increased flow allows the turbo to be more efficient at higher rpms but the transmission kind of fights that... hopefully there will be a day when shift points on the auto can be improved.

I didn’t really see great mpg gains but I suspect that has more to do with the intake resulting in the ECU trying to keep air fuel trims in line.

I still intend on getting a sound clip up just not sure when...
UPDATE:

Today I found a MAJOR boost leak... The top hose clamp on the Mishi intercooler pipe had slipped at an angle which was leading to some sluggishness on the low end!

Correcting this made the exhaust even more quiet...especially at start up. Havent driven enough to see long term effects but I suspect my MPG will go up.

I also am feeling better about how the trans responds.

It was silly how long it took to track this down but the Magnaflow is now exactly what I expected... REALLY HAPPY with the sound and throttle response now that the intake and exhaust track are all sealed up properly.

Thought it was important to clarify since another part was part of my issue with the trans

MLS_AZ

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE:

Today I found a MAJOR boost leak... The top hose clamp on the Mishi intercooler pipe had slipped at an angle which was leading to some sluggishness on the low end!

Correcting this made the exhaust even more quiet...especially at start up. Havent driven enough to see long term effects but I suspect my MPG will go up.

It was silly how long it took to track this down but the Magnaflow is now exactly what I expected... REALLY HAPPY with the sound and throttle response now that the intake and exhaust track are all sealed up properly.

Thought it was important to clarify since another part was part of my issue with the trans
Just FMI, where is the Mishi intercooler pipe? I'd like to check mine. Thx!!

Army68F20

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE:

Good to hear, I have another question Rub-ISH, do you happen to know the difference in weight between the stock parts removed and the new exhaust? Only info I could find was that the shipping weight of the exhaust was 20lbs. I have no idea what the stock weighs but i assume it is a lot more.

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to hear, I have another question Rub-ISH, do you happen to know the difference in weight between the stock parts removed and the new exhaust? Only info I could find was that the shipping weight of the exhaust was 20lbs. I have no idea what the stock weighs but i assume it is a lot more.
a conservative guess would be 60lbs... I don’t have large enough scale to be more accurate. It’s significant but not overwhelming. What is interesting is it looks like the stock system is a mix of 2.5 inch and 2.75 inch piping.
Sponsored