Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's safe to say this virus is going to put a damper on things. I was reading an article about FCA closing plants and unions petitioning to be closed. Honestly I don't want assembly workers building my Jeep while they are worried about their families/kids, etc. Not only because I'm worried about them messing up my truck but also because family always comes first. People need to be with and take care of their loved ones when things get crazy like this.

Here's to hoping this all blows over.
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I think it's safe to say this virus is going to put a damper on things. I was reading an article about FCA closing plants and unions petitioning to be closed. Honestly I don't want assembly workers building my Jeep while they are worried about their families/kids, etc. Not only because I'm worried about them messing up my truck but also because family always comes first. People need to be with and take care of their loved ones when things get crazy like this.

I totally agree with your production quality concerns, and the sentiments for the workers/families. Well said.

p.s. Did you ever think there would be a time where you'd be thankful for assembly robotics that don't feel stress?

runjhike

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
Just got an email from my dealer. Says my Jeep went into F status today. Ordered on 1/25/2020.

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
For those interested, we have now confirmed compatibility of our popular SmartStopStart ESS memory device with the 3.0 EcoDiesel.

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase

I agree that we all need to put family and loved ones first but I do believe it's getting blown out of proportion due to for two reasons.

1 - every company is afraid of being sued.
2 - politics.

I have one good idea, don't bring your elderly family members to a sporting event. and the rest of use go at our own risk.

Sponsored

Big Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU 2020 JLURD on order 2008 JKU 2015 GMC Denali Tow Pig
Its at the dealership! lucky day Friday the 13th delivered to the dealership!

My sales lady face-timed me and we both took our first look at it together about 10 mins ago!

I'm at work tonight so I will have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up.

Pictures to come shortly, cell phone service sucks in our plant and i'm trying to Download them

upload_2020-3-13_18-21-48.jpeg

upload_2020-3-13_18-22-48.jpeg

upload_2020-3-13_18-23-10.jpeg

upload_2020-3-13_18-24-11.jpeg

Bright White JLURD #194990
Ordered 10/9/2019
Build Sheet 2/17/20
Window Sticker 2/23/20
Delivered to Dealership 3/13/20
163 days from order to drive

Congrats! We have almost the identical jeep headed our way. Great to see the pics of what we can expect...

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
I received my window sticker and the prices went up. $870 more than building the same truck online today. What's up with that? Build it and it comes up $62,835 window sticker shows $63,705. A price increase for a few options on the sticker but not online..

Attachments

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0

Unfortunately the death toll from the economic fallout and essential service constraints of government entities (ie schools) and companies shutting down will surpass that of the virus itself. Everyone thinks they’re doing their part to “flatten the curve” when their actions are doing no such thing and the ripple effects noted above are actually going to make it worse. I’m all for people taking time off work if they need to care for family, but if we acted like this every time a virus spread via respiratory droplets killed people, we’d never work again. What we have now is the confluence of ignorance, misinformation, and hysteria. It’ll significantly slow or stop wrangler production soon, but that’ll be the least of folks worries. There’s a separate thread about this issue if anyone is interested in further understanding what’s going on.

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity

Sponsored

Pootytanger

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
I just called Jeep and they say my Jeep arrived at the dealership yesterday! I called my salesman at Koons Tyson Jeep and he said he’s been too busy to check and will verify Monday. Lol okay... I’m having to travel 10 hours to pick it up and have off Monday/Tuesday so hopefully I can make this work and will have it Tuesday!

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Found a canceled order at the dealership I got mine at. Southfork Jeep in Manvel outside of Houston TX. It’s a fully load Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic.

its got a window sticker, but not sure when it will arrive. It will be their second one. Vin is 1C4JJXFMXLW211146

ask for Heather And tell her Bryan Sent you.

mid it fits what you want, it may be a shortcut to waiting for a new order

BTW, I took mine for a test drive and am doing to paperwork right now. 14 miles on mine. Forgot to take a picture as I have the family with me

upload_2020-3-14_14-34-12.png

upload_2020-3-14_14-34-12.jpeg

upload_2020-3-14_14-36-45.jpeg

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
So...talked to my dealer today. Good news, he said my jeep looked like it would arrive tomorrow or Monday. Very excited about that. The downside is that as of today the DOD just stopped movement on all non-local leave. I was planning on flying out to pick it up with my son and then road tripping back together in the new Jeep. Now talking to the dealership about what it will take to ship it across the country.

LuvscoutII

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2012 Dodge Ram 3500, 1978 International Scout II
Hi.... been lurking around the forums while waiting for my Jeep. I ordered 1/25. Finally got the VIN number from the dealer but when I go the link to look at the build sheet it’s stating no build sheet. Any ideas? One person at the dealer told us last week it was on hold but that all Diesels were on hold. Now he’s saying ours is showing moved to storage. VIN 1C4JJXFM7LW271899

gnome

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.... 1994 base YJ .......... 2006 Dakota ..... ..... 2020 Sahara 3.0D
Occupation
retired IBEW electrician
I just called Jeep and they say my Jeep arrived at the dealership yesterday! I called my salesman at Koons Tyson Jeep and he said he’s been too busy to check and will verify Monday. Lol okay... I’m having to travel 10 hours to pick it up and have off Monday/Tuesday so hopefully I can make this work and will have it Tuesday!
Tell your salesman that will cost him points on the Jeep survey, and see what happens, and how fast. You have been waiting a long time. YOU should be his first priority!
Sponsored