First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
22,000 on my JLUR. all normal maintenance items done, no issues. I am glad i got the 6MT, makes it a fun drive!

Stetson
Sponsored

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
2018 JLUR White
Grill and fenders painted due to yellowing
Steering box upgrade to AE and software update for the gearbox
EVIC would not display odometer and would loose PRNDL digits
Have lost backup camera 4 times even after software update
Batteries dead

Sponsored

brow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU
I just crossed 28,500 miles on my 2 year old JLUR 3.6/manual. It's been trouble free and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm betting we've got some of these Gen 2 Pentastars out there that are starting to rack up the miles. Tell us how many miles you have and if you've had any issues, major or minor. Tell us anything else you'd like to share, such as oil, oil change interval, or whatevery you'd like.
Just hit 70,000KM's. Had to take mine in a few times for death wobble and uconnect gremlins but otherwise great! Mechanically perfect and actually impressed with fuel economy, daily drivability.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
32,900 miles picked up Feb 26, 2018.

• Radio and climate control gremlins
  • Cruise control recall
  • Locked up steering - replaced throttle control body
  • V41 steering damper recall
Still a blast to drive.
Hey, weeitsmikelee. Have you had these recalls addressed? If not, we recommend doing so as soon as you can. If you need assistance, please reach out to me in private message!

Kate
JeepCares

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, weeitsmikelee. Have you had these recalls addressed? If not, we recommend doing so as soon as you can. If you need assistance, please reach out to me in private message!

Kate
JeepCares
Thanks for responding. Yes, I’ve had all this addressed when they occurred. The climate and radio issues haven’t resurfaced

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thanks for responding. Yes, I’ve had all this addressed when they occurred. The climate and radio issues haven’t resurfaced
Glad to hear it, weeitsmikelee. Just wanted to be sure! Thanks for following up.

Kate
JeepCares

JtwJL

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, March 15th 2018 delivered.

52,000 KM/32300 Miles

- Death Wobble
- Steering Dampener recall
- Rocker Arm issue (Started beginning of February) I am HOPEFULLY, finally getting in March 26th to fix this... Went in for the first time and fixed one, when completed they realized more needed to be replaced, took ages for parts to get in, parts finally got in and dealership closed the following day due to COVID...
- Clutch Recall (Going to go in and get checked the same day for rocker arm issue)

Does anyone else feel bad sinking so much cash into modding a vehicle you put so much miles onto every year? I think I will keep it forever but it hurts seeing the odometer go up so much lol. How many miles do people normally get out of there JKs? (First new vehicle, and first Jeep).

Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, March 15th 2018 delivered.

52,000 KM/32300 Miles

- Death Wobble
- Steering Dampener recall
- Rocker Arm issue (Started beginning of February) I am HOPEFULLY, finally getting in March 26th to fix this... Went in for the first time and fixed one, when completed they realized more needed to be replaced, took ages for parts to get in, parts finally got in and dealership closed the following day due to COVID...
- Clutch Recall (Going to go in and get checked the same day for rocker arm issue)

Does anyone else feel bad sinking so much cash into modding a vehicle you put so much miles onto every year? I think I will keep it forever but it hurts seeing the odometer go up so much lol. How many miles do people normally get out of there JKs? (First new vehicle, and first Jeep).
I've got almost 141,000 miles on my JK and it looks and drives like new. I'm keeping it for many years to come! 30k on the JL now.

JtwJL

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I've got almost 141,000 miles on my JK and it looks and drives like new. I'm keeping it for many years to come! 30k on the JL now.
That's awesome to hear, the whole mindset of "Keeping it forever" is helping with the amount I am putting into mods. Any tips you learned for keeping it new for that long? I take it through a non-brush car wash typically once every week or two (Salty winters in Canada, also wash it after every trail), Synthetic oil changes ~5,000 miles... About to hit 60k KM so gonna change out the axle fluid soon.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
That's awesome to hear, the whole mindset of "Keeping it forever" is helping with the amount I am putting into mods. Any tips you learned for keeping it new for that long? I take it through a non-brush car wash typically once every week or two (Salty winters in Canada, also wash it after every trail), Synthetic oil changes ~5,000 miles... About to hit 60k KM so gonna change out the axle fluid soon.
Don't believe that "Lifetime ATF" claim, be sure to have that ATF changed out around the 75k mile mark, and you'll be well on your way to a long life w/ that JL :)

JtwJL

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Don't believe that "Lifetime ATF" claim, be sure to have that ATF changed out around the 75k mile mark, and you'll be well on your way to a long life w/ that JL :)
Yeah I honestly never heard of that claim until a couple days ago reading here, I was going off the Jeeps maintenance schedule and it says to change it out at 60,000 KM, to change it in the JL its unbelievably easy from the video I watched lol.

JohnQSr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojito Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2 Dr.
Occupation
Retired Navy, Public Safety
I just crossed 28,500 miles on my 2 year old JLUR 3.6/manual. It's been trouble free and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm betting we've got some of these Gen 2 Pentastars out there that are starting to rack up the miles. Tell us how many miles you have and if you've had any issues, major or minor. Tell us anything else you'd like to share, such as oil, oil change interval, or whatevery you'd like.

Mine:

2018 JLUR, delivered in January 2018
28,500 miles to date
Mostly Mobil 1 AP 0w20
One oil change interval was at 7k on Pennzoil Ultra 0w20. UOA looked great. I am currently at 6500 on M1AP. I'll change the oil when the montitor gets to 0%. I'm guessing it will be at 8k miles.
Manual transmission. No issues with it, either.

No issues, whatsoever. Smooth, powerful, and LOVES to rev going through the gears! I'm running 35's, btw. It pulls 6th gear just fine above 60mph.

Mine:

2018 JLUR, delivered in January 2018
28,500 miles to date
Mostly Mobil 1 AP 0w20
One oil change interval was at 7k on Pennzoil Ultra 0w20. UOA looked great. I am currently at 6500 on M1AP. I'll change the oil when the montitor gets to 0%. I'm guessing it will be at 8k miles.
Manual transmission. No issues with it, either.

No issues, whatsoever. Smooth, powerful, and LOVES to rev going through the gears! I'm running 35's, btw. It pulls 6th gear just fine above 60mph.
Sponsored