The clutch gang!

beammmer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL two-door, 2017 X5, 1973 2002
Just got my recall notice today. Says that will replace parts "if needed". So I guess if it hasn't failed by 6000 miles it won't?

Don

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008
So getting new shoes today at Discount Tire and the tech went to go pull Jeep in bay, opened the door, closed the door and handed the keys to another employee. Wanted to ask him if he needs some lessons, but I figured this old lady wouldn't embarrass the young whippersnapper:giggle:

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Been a while since I’ve been on the forum. I jus read about the Jeep fires in the manual trannys.
I am afraid to drive it now.

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got my recall notice today. Says that will replace parts "if needed". So I guess if it hasn't failed by 6000 miles it won't?

Don
If needed? What the heck does that mean.
I have a feeling I’ll be afraid to drive it after the recall is fixed. Don’t trust it now.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm very happy about the recall....Read several threads on here of people having to spend $2600 to replace their clutch with less than 30k miles and was dreading it. With the recall, I got 27k miles out of the stock clutch and now get a better clutch for free!:rock: This also greatly reduces the chance our jeeps catch on fire.:whew:
Are you going to continue to drive it while waiting for the recall fix?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I should quickly get the centerforce clutch and submit it befor the fix is in. Heard good things about that clutch on the JK.
Are you going to continue to drive it while waiting for the recall fix?
Yeah, I am still driving mine. Unsurprisingly, FCA is now saying they will look at manual transmission JL's and replace parts as needed. AKA, FCA doesnt want to absorb the cost of replacing alot of clutches.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I’m still driving mine everyday. Wife has the other car and I don’t have anything else to drive to work. I’m just hoping mine doesn’t catch fire. If it does, it’s insured and I’ll deal with the after math then. Don’t have much of a choice at this point. Not sure if I’d be able to trade it in on an auto anyway.

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I drive mine daily, and have 30k on the clutch. Mine has never slipped, smelled or smoked. I’ll keep driving mine and have it looked at when they have parts. I guess I need remove the armor beforehand though....
I remember a few months back telling my husband that i thought I smelled something burning. Could be a coincidence of course but now I'm scared Sh**.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I am still driving mine. Unsurprisingly, FCA is now saying they will look at manual transmission JL's and replace parts as needed. AKA, FCA doesnt want to absorb the cost of replacing alot of clutches.
I wonder how they are going to determine who needs the new clutch plate and who doesn't? So if you go in for the recall and they say you don't need it and then there's a fire? Why would they even risk that?

Is it true these things are exploding-like kaboom?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I wonder how they are going to determine who needs the new clutch plate and who doesn't? So if you go in for the recall and they say you don't need it and then there's a fire? Why would they even risk that?

Is it true these things are exploding-like kaboom?
It seems rare and don't think anyone has been hurt.

saltyaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I drive mine daily, and have 30k on the clutch. Mine has never slipped, smelled or smoked. I’ll keep driving mine and have it looked at when they have parts. I guess I need remove the armor beforehand though....
Same here - 57k on mine. No problems thus far, will keep driving until they come up with updated parts.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

9k on my Jeep I’ve smelt the burnt clutch once but that was a couple k miles ago. I’ll call the dealer and get in line as I have a first run Jeep vin. It’s my understanding once the recall happens they have to change the part and if they don’t they assume all cost of damages if it does Catastrophically fails. Either way I don’t leave recalls hanging it hurts the resell valve a little
Sponsored