Sponsored

So I read that no 2” lift kit will ride better than stock .

2f2r

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU S
So I read that no 2” lift kit will ride better than stock JLU Sport. Ones the Jeep goes higher it will change the geometry and it will ride like lifted Jeep. Is there any lifts that will improve the ride? I tried 2 inch Mopar on my last jl and it became a stiff bumpy ride. Please give me your advice . 90% highway , 10% Long Island beach. 35s , jlu sport 2019. $1500 Budget for the lift. Daily driver
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
What size wheel and tires did you run and what was the load rating on the tires?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
2f2r

2f2r

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU S
Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f714/my-dd-and-moderate-trail-lift-recommendation-2381303.html
From his post he is recomending Pro Comp K3111 lift
and I also see lots of PPL recomending 5100 blistein shocks.

He recomends
Racing Shox Rear 2.0 Performance Series IFP Shock

Yup. He is well known on WranglerForum and his expertise well respected. He works at a shop in AZ. He must have lifted a good 200 JLs by now. Because he works on other people’s Jeeps, he has no allegiance towards the particular setup that he owns.

For a daily driver, he continues to adhere to the same recommendation: Pro Comp K3111 + Fox Racing Shox 2.0 Performance Series IPF shocks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
2f2r

2f2r

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU S
Yup. He works at a shop in AZ. He must have lifted a good 200 JLs by now.

For a daily driver, he continues to adheres to the same recommendation: Pro Comp K3111 + Fox Racing Shox 2.0 Performance Series IPF shocks
Are those fox shocks the same that come with the 2inch mopar lift? because those are stiff

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Are those fox shocks the same that come with the 2inch mopar lift? because those are stiff
Feel free to read his thread when you have time.

Forum members ask him all kinds of questions, including similarities and differences with the Mopar lift. He provides clear, detailed answers.

Joe C

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I have little to no experience with any of these so treat this all as anecdotal and subjective. (Which is about as good as most internet opinions)

The Bilsteins are great shocks but I hear a lot of people say they're stiff and have a rough ride, especially if you don't have a lot of extra weight, bumpers, winch, etc. I'm sure the Fox he recommends are probably great too but a little too $$ IMO. Lots of good stories about the Rancho adjustable if you're going to buy shocks separate from the lift.

The good lift manufacturers will tune their shocks for their springs so lift with shocks included is a great option. I did like the Teraflex lift on my old Jeep but plan to go Metalcloak on this one. Everything I read says the quality is top notch and a great ride, including many that say it's better than stock.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
No.. the fox shocks that come with Mopar lift are 2.5s the ones referred are 2.0.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
2f2r

2f2r

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU S
I have little to no experience with any of these so treat this all as anecdotal and subjective. (Which is about as good as most internet opinions)

The Bilsteins are great shocks but I hear a lot of people say they're stiff and have a rough ride, especially if you don't have a lot of extra weight, bumpers, winch, etc. I'm sure the Fox he recommends are probably great too but a little too $$ IMO. Lots of good stories about the Rancho adjustable if you're going to buy shocks separate from the lift.

The good lift manufacturers will tune their shocks for their springs so lift with shocks included is a great option. I did like the Teraflex lift on my old Jeep but plan to go Metalcloak on this one. Everything I read says the quality is top notch and a great ride, including many that say it's better than stock.
"Both shocks are a monotube gas charged design, meaning there's an internal floating piston, attached to the piston rod, which pushes shock fluid through the valves on the piston to regulate damping. Neither company reveals exact PSI numbers on the nitrogen gas charge, but we expect Fox to be approaching 300psi, while Bilstein is closer to 200. Higher PSI typically translates to firmer ride due to internal shock pressures, which affects valving and damping characteristics."

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
So... I tried 2 inch Mopar on my last jl and it became a stiff bumpy...
What size tires did you use?
What brand and tread?
What size wheel did you use?
What psi were you running in those tires?
What other under body components did you upgrade?

All of these impact the ride.
Sponsored