HarleysNGuns

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Recon, Cherokee, V-Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Im waiting on delivery for my JLUR Recon that comes with the Mopar Performance rock rails/ MOAB rails. Has anyone fit the Bushwacker door sills with these rock rails? I saw a few threads asking about it but never saw an answer. I know they fit with the standard Rubicon rock rails with some modification.
Sponsored

Kpbergma

First Name
Karel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 JKUS, 20 JLUR
I was able to do this with the regular Rubicon rails. I assume that the Moab rails mount the same way, but obviously not sure. I test-positioned the sill guards, and held them in place by closing the doors, then marked the positions of the mounting holes for the rock rails on the sill guards from behind. Then drilled out the sill guards so the rails could mount through them. With that done, I mounted the sill guards, widened the holes a little and then mounted the rails. Turned out really nice.

EBA6391E-62F5-48B4-B65D-6E1564D40264.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
HarleysNGuns

HarleysNGuns

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll wait till it comes in to see how much clearance there is. Did you loosen or remove rock rails for install? Looks great!

Kpbergma

First Name
Karel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 JKUS, 20 JLUR
I'll wait till it comes in to see how much clearance there is. Did you loosen or remove rock rails for install? Looks great!
The rock rails mount both through, and around back of the pinch seam that the sill guards cover, so the rails need to come off completely.

Moonie

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
The rock rails mount both through, and around back of the pinch seam that the sill guards cover, so the rails need to come off completely.
I do you know if these will fit the 2020 Ruby

Sponsored

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
I was able to do this with the regular Rubicon rails. I assume that the Moab rails mount the same way, but obviously not sure. I test-positioned the sill guards, and held them in place by closing the doors, then marked the positions of the mounting holes for the rock rails on the sill guards from behind. Then drilled out the sill guards so the rails could mount through them. With that done, I mounted the sill guards, widened the holes a little and then mounted the rails. Turned out really nice.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bushwacker door sill with Mopar/MOAB rock rails EBA6391E-62F5-48B4-B65D-6E1564D40264
That looks great! The sill guards are held in by 3M tape, right and the bolts from the rock rails?

OP
OP
HarleysNGuns

HarleysNGuns

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a set, will post pictures once installed with extended mopar rock rails.