Sponsored

Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate]

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
And I thought the manual would be more reliable.
Anyone have blueprints to install an ejector seat with parachute?
Glad my ’19 JLUR is a weekend sports equipment hauler.

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Is it 1% of all Jeeps sold? I was told by regional rep that all manual will be repaired. Maybe he is wrong.
I'm willing to bet that ALL manual transmission JLs and JTs will get a new clutch. I wouldn't think it possible to tell a defective clutch from a good one just by looking at it.

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Is it 1% of all Jeeps sold? I was told by regional rep that all manual will be repaired. Maybe he is wrong.
It looks like 100% of manuals are getting recalled, but that might involve a test for the faulty part(s), once they figure out the cause. I'm sure FCA is "estimating" 99% of the manuals are totally fine, because, science.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I'll just request the cash instead for parts & labor and buy the Centerforce :) I'm sure FCA will oblige haha
I wish that was the case....but highly doubt FCA will reimburse for a non OEM solution for a clutch assembly. You'd also lose warranty coverage on it.

Sponsored

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
WOW... If you have eyes on forums and FB groups you have seen a handful of these including several fires. I recall a few ended with an NDA w/ FCA. I have a few projects pending, sounds like a great time to park it the garage. Besides with warmer weather coming, I will be driving the TJ as my daily.

belacyrf

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
I wish that was the case....but highly doubt FCA will reimburse for a non OEM solution for a clutch assembly. You'd also lose warranty coverage on it.
lol of course they won't... but it's fun to dream ;) That heavier flywheel in that centerforce combo sounds great.

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
What is so great about the Centerforce clutch? Is it worth the upgrade for a guy with a stock 2-door Rubicon who is probably going no-bigger than 35” tires?
I can't answer for everyone. For me, I've got a lot of heavy armor, a winch, a heavy bumper and I'm looking to move up to 37/38" tires. The current clutch has worked okay for me, as I'm geared at 5.13 and have 315s (34"). The CF clutch has a heavier flywheel that will keep the engine running at higher strain levels, and it is purported to have better feel that appeals to me.