NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I was equally impressed with the packing. Nothing could be damaged the way it was packed.

I am picking up a Gen 2 XRC Front and Rear bumper and would LOVE to see this level of packing.
Sponsored

CUOFFRD

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I think I read something about needing shims, mine actually came with some. Maybe this is an update based on feedback.

383B006F-3FD0-4577-A06C-FABA1324D971.jpeg

OP
OP
NTX Black Moab

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think I read something about needing shims, mine actually came with some. Maybe this is an update based on feedback.

There is an addendum to the instructions that actually call out how to use the shims using blue painters tape. It was actually very easy to install with this trick

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase

Mine came with the shims as well.
As for hardware, due to @72Blazer being shorted a hardware pack I verified all the hardware. Being that it was partially assembled some of the hardware (like the hinge pieces) are already installed. I think I have everything. I’m installing Saturday.
And i totally agree on the packing. Awesome job packing everything

mudmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JlU Sport
I’ve been waiting for Christmas for this thing. Ordered from a reputable third party site, they have communicated well but are still waiting on sb to ship. I guess they are backordered...

Sponsored

OP
OP
NTX Black Moab

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been waiting for Christmas for this thing. Ordered from a reputable third party site, they have communicated well but are still waiting on sb to ship. I guess they are backordered...
Give 4 Wheel Parts a call. That’s where I got mine. Same day pickup.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
This does not wiggle or move around. There is a slight bounce on really deep pot holes (plenty of those in my area), but that should be expected as I would expect this of any hinge based solution.
Hmm, I was sold on this carrier until your post. I'm looking for better than I have, not possibly worse. I have zero bounce in my gate currently (and I've hit some deep SH!@) so this is disappointing to hear for me :(

OP
OP
NTX Black Moab

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, I was sold on this carrier until your post. I'm looking for better than I have, not possibly worse. I have zero bounce in my gate currently (and I've hit some deep SH!@) so this is disappointing to hear for me :(
If you have zero bounce, why would you be looking? And for anyone to say that they have zero bounce with a hinge based solution is kidding themselves. We have 120+# hanging off our back. It's gonna bounce if you hit something deep.

Sponsored

CUOFFRD

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Mine came with the shims as well.
As for hardware, due to @72Blazer being shorted a hardware pack I verified all the hardware. Being that it was partially assembled some of the hardware (like the hinge pieces) are already installed. I think I have everything. I’m installing Saturday.
And i totally agree on the packing. Awesome job packing everything
Mine was missing hardware pack 7. But as you pointed out, that’s for putting the hinge together and mine is also partially built. I was worried at first but looked through the instructions to see where those parts were used.

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Ordered yesterday at 4WP at 4:30, arrived today..... have yet to open but it was heavier than I was expecting for an aluminum piece.
43B61F0C-C94C-4002-957C-82046935EF8D.jpeg

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
If you have zero bounce, why would you be looking? And for anyone to say that they have zero bounce with a hinge based solution is kidding themselves. We have 120+# hanging off our back. It's gonna bounce if you hit something deep.
Mine is 135# and my only issue is misalignment. Although when I hit hard holes, I am aired down and have FOX shocks, so that slants my opinion and needs.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
It is what it is. I just hope I receive the required plugs today or tomorrow. I need to get it over to my buddy’s shop Sunday so we can start the lift.

What is in the small box?

8030F03A-8F91-4146-8905-792EAB252821.jpeg

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
I woulda cancelled that order quick and ordered from another vendor. I ordered mine on a Friday night and received it the following week on a Thursday.
Sponsored