Anyone installed Hothead Headliners

ssiegler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Has anyone installed Hothead Headliners for their new JL? What do you think of the quality? How easy/hard was the install?

Anybody have thoughts on quality vs Mopar? The Hotheads are a lot more expensive.
Sponsored

4WHLFUN

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Just installed them this weekend. They seemed pretty top notch, and fit was perfect. I also did the side windows and sound strips so you are right on the pricey bit. I’ll hopefully get out for a drive tomorrow and report any differences.

OP
OP

ssiegler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
That would be great... Looking forward to it.

Any advice on not getting dust everywhere during the sandpaper part of installation

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2 Door, 2008 JK Sport 2 Door
I was wondering how they were as well. If any one has experience with the Hotheads vs the Boom mat on quality/looks and sound dampening. With the Sound Assassin on the Hotheads it gets to be decently more expensive than the Boom mat is it worth the extra money?

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Google Data Center Maintenance Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I had the full hot head kit on my JK, and it was well worth the price of admission.

Any advice on not getting dust everywhere during the sandpaper part of installation
As for dust, the install only requires a couple of light passes with the sandpaper... the dust was easily vacuumed up.

Sponsored

4WHLFUN

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU

I thought I would get creative but in the end I just folded the seats down, sanded and then shop vac’d the dust. Wasn’t too bad a clean up.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Subscribed. Removed the Mopar option from my order because I’ve got an eye on the Hotheads option. I’ve read enough people saying it’s a better option that I’m strongly considering it.

TReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I also removed the Mopar option at the last minute in favor of these.

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
My plan as well. I skipped the Mopar headliners per recommendations ive read here online. Plan on ordering the hothead liners with the sound bars as soon as the Jeep arrives. I really have benefited from this JL Forum Community. Super thankful for all contributions everyone made. :like:

Sponsored

tzinsli

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't really understand how the sound assassin strips can actually do anything to improve things..

4WHLFUN

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I’ve only done a short trip with them installed thus far but will say I think they have changed the acoustics of the cabin a little. It’s not that it changed from a convertible to a BMW noise wise, it’s just different. I even think it has changed the way the alpine system sounds ever so slightly since the material likely absorbs sound and is less reflective.

Overall I like the change but can’t wait until others install to see some comparisons of opinions. I will also mention I like the black material above my head. I actually think it reduces some glare from the shiny white composites it covers up.

Oh...quick edit....for those that have that wind buffeting sound like a sunroof is open, I think these helped with that. I don’t think it solves it but again absorbs some of it as it seems far less annoying to me.