Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Probably because of the pressure plate explosion recall lol
You know what Brian, you may be right. I wouldn't be surprised if its some kind of strengthening thing with the clutch assembly after what that poor guy Jay went through.
Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Own a 2019 JLUR and had to order to get the manual since no dealers around me stock Rubicon's with them. I have a friend with a JKU and the throw on that is fairly long. The JL manual is much more like a sport cars throw. I have done some off-roading with it and learned that steep climbs are far more comfortable in 4-Lo and taking advantage of that 84:1 crawl ratio. So much fun and agree with everyone about the engagement during driving. I have two teenage sons who both are driving and a teenage daughter a few month from her permit and none of them can drive a manual ... and I will keep it that way for awhile!!

I had a funny experience at the car wash when the Jeep was at the end of the automatic wash cycle and a younger employee jumped in and then got out to find someone who could drive a manual and a more seasoned employee got in and drove it the 40 feet to the hand drying section.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I had a funny experience at the car wash when the Jeep was at the end of the automatic wash cycle and a younger employee jumped in and then got out to find someone who could drive a manual and a more seasoned employee got in and drove it the 40 feet to the hand drying section.
When I bought my JK in 2017 the dealer couldn’t drive the Jeep either. He was a young kid in his twenties. After the paperwork he handed me the keys, said “sorry I don’t do stick” and showed me where it was on the lot.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
You know what Brian, you may be right. I wouldn't be surprised if its some kind of strengthening thing with the clutch assembly after what that poor guy Jay went through.
Hopefully we find out

X1inSC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLUR
Jeep called you? Do you mean your dealer or someone from the manufacturer? Did they give a reason why production of manuals is delayed?
The guy said he was from Jeep Wave. No clear explanation of why the manuals are delayed.

My dealer said this tho:
"FCA is currently constrained with manual transmission supply for both Wranglers & Gladiators. I've been attempting to get an ETA from my Area Manager on them & he's having difficulty getting a solid answer from them. The latest projection is toward the end of this month before they will have adequate supply of the transmissions. At that time, they will begin production, starting with Sold Orders such as yours."

Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The manuals are exploding.

89013236_10163079712955082_4808695120322887680_n.jpg
Ah crap. Just drove a buddies sport on 35s with stock gears and it was both a dog and had terrible noises coming from the clutch. Guess this has happened to his. Mine still drives good but I've definitely cooked the clutch a few times in certain situations. I'm just past 36k miles so warranty gone :mad:

webertiger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Occupation
Physics and Astronomy Teacher
Ah crap. Just drove a buddies sport on 35s with stock gears and it was both a dog and had terrible noises coming from the clutch. Guess this has happened to his. Mine still drives good but I've definitely cooked the clutch a few times in certain situations. I'm just past 36k miles so warranty gone :mad:
You’re probably In luck because this is a recall. They will fix the affected parts regardless of warranty.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
They said there VIN's were searchable... where?

Never mind.. found it... my vehicle is one of them...:headbang:

Last edited:

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

I'm very happy about the recall....Read several threads on here of people having to spend $2600 to replace their clutch with less than 30k miles and was dreading it. With the recall, I got 27k miles out of the stock clutch and now get a better clutch for free!:rock: This also greatly reduces the chance our jeeps catch on fire.:whew:

Sponsored

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S

My Jeep is affected also. The recall shows up when I sign in to the Jeep app, although it says no fix is available yet.

Is there anyone here with a manual that is NOT affected by this?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
My Jeep is affected also. The recall shows up when I sign in to the Jeep app, although it says no fix is available yet.

Is there anyone here with a manual that is NOT affected by this?
I've checked with 4 people including a 2 door....looks like all manuals are affected

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I've checked with 4 people including a 2 door....looks like all manuals are affected
Wow!

I don’t know how many manuals vs autos are sold....... but with 2.5 model years of JLs out there (and some JT’s probably?) this could be a lot of vehicles impacted!

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
With a recall, i don’t think that your warranty duration matters.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Affected also and yes all manuals! It did state certain 2018-2020! Not sure what that means?
Sponsored