Sponsored

Spied: Wrangler 2-Door JL Rubicon Soft Top and Export JL Sport Hard Top

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Could that rectangle be adaptive cruise control radar?
Sponsored

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
Those mirror covers look like Sloth's ear...

14445011.gif

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I'm loving most of the things I see on the JL, but I cannot stand the fender blinkers in the pictures. Hopefully they look better in person, or the aftermarket comes out with a solution shortly after launch.

modified-2018-JL-Wrangler.jpg

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
I'm loving most of the things I see on the JL, but I cannot stand the fender blinkers in the pictures. Hopefully they look better in person, or the aftermarket comes out with a solution shortly after launch.

modified-2018-JL-Wrangler.jpg

I'm betting/hoping many after market flare manufacturers will offer flares without turn signals. I think a grille swap with turn signals in the grille would be an easy swap. Of course it will cost us more money to do this in addition to new flares. But with the new JL having some upgrades that previously were only aftermarket (example improved hood hold downs), this is an opportunity for the after market to make up for the loss of revenue for the previous, poor performing parts.

I do like the new, more horizontal flares, so maybe they can be saved by just removing the turn signals, they appear to be a separate assembly from the flare itself. So that could save some $. I never liked the droopy JK flares (maybe Jeep got a lot of feedback on this, I commented on this in their survey circa 2014).

re: The above photo shop (well done!), my preference would be to move the grille turn signals a bit more inboard, ala the CJ5, this would enhance the trapezoid shape of the grille (planting a seed for after market :) ). But that's just my preference, minor nit, if this was the only grille offered, I'd buy it![/QUOTE]

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the compliment. I happened to have a shot of one of my old JK's in nearly the same angle so it made combining the two fairly easy.

If the aftermarket for the JL is anything like the JK there will be 50 different fender options and 25 different grilles. I wonder how quick we will start seeing bumpers/fenders once the JL is released.

Moved the blinkers in a little

37215128375_d7ec17c03d_c.jpg

Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Couple of things to note.

First the grill has some sort of rectangle lights hiding in it. You can see the them zooming in. I outlined them here:

JL-Wrangler-Rubicon-2-door-5-JLWranglerForums copy.jpg
JL-Wrangler-Rubicon-2-door-7-JLWranglerForums copy.jpg
Or the "haha, we fooled all of you jokers" true directional light location? :please:

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Or the "haha, we fooled all of you jokers" true directional light location? :please:
I think you guys are chasing a ghost...I think this is actually a reflection in the tape covering the grill. Look at the other parts of it and all the reflections you see.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Of course, how many blinkers are white? I know the side piece is amber, but i'm not sure that its visible enough to be seen from the front. I'm also not sure of the requirements of blinker color. So far, it seems to me that the LED strip is only white. Anyone know if there is a requirement for blinker color?

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Of course, how many blinkers are white? I know the side piece is amber, but i'm not sure that its visible enough to be seen from the front. I'm also not sure of the requirements of blinker color. So far, it seems to me that the LED strip is only white. Anyone know if there is a requirement for blinker color?
There are pictures showing it is amber...thats the way those usually work. White when in regular mode than amber when signal is activated. (Acutally amber is below the white)

jl-wrangler-rubicon-2-door-2-jlwranglerforums-jpg.jpg

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
There are pictures showing it is amber...thats the way those usually work. White when in regular mode than amber when signal is activated. (Acutally amber is below the white)

jl-wrangler-rubicon-2-door-2-jlwranglerforums-jpg.jpg
Thanks, i overlooked that. Now that i look closer i see the two strips 0n each side.

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Every JK from 2014 onward? :angel:
Yeah, i had also missed the pics of the 2 door showing amber blinkers in use. Clear lenses, amber lights. Stupid me didnt realize there are actually 2 led strips in each fender (one white DRL and one amber blinker).

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, i had also missed the pics of the 2 door showing amber blinkers in use. Clear lenses, amber lights. Stupid me didnt realize there are actually 2 led strips in each fender (one white DRL and one amber blinker).
The amber & the white use slightly different fluids...

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
The lights on the fender are like the 'notch' in the new iPhone X. I don't like either but I will probably get used to both of them.
Sponsored