Not open for further replies.

joec63

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy's 2 Door
I would not blink a eye if this were a FORD enthusiast form. What's concerning is this is a JEEP Wrangler forum and the views are for a FORD product.

Why is it concerning ? I'm an enthusiast period who likes all kinds of vehicles . My Wrangler and Mustang GT cohabitate in the same garage :)

View attachment 290696

gt.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I always did like the old Broncos. Damn!
I don't know if you've seen these but they are nice...but not cheap. They have an FJ version as well. I think they made a CJ3b for a while but haven't seen in on their site for years.
https://www.icon4x4.com/br

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Well, Hubster's current vehicle is a 2018 F-150, and we previously owned a Mustang GT, and an Explorer Sport, so we aren't exactly Ford haters. My JLUR is my 4th Jeep vehicle. Why can't we like more than one brand?
I am totally with you. I owned a few Wranglers before and I love my JLR. I appreciate different brands. I have owned other enthusiast vehicles, all different brands, mostly sports cars. I just think it's a little odd there has been so much traffic for a Ford product on a Wrangler forum. I would assume and expect the traffic and interest to be on a dedicated Ford or Bronco forum. I think FCA marketing should be concerned.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I am totally with you. I owned a few Wranglers before and I love my JLR. I appreciate different brands. I have owned other enthusiast vehicles, all different brands, mostly sports cars. I just think it's a little odd there has been so much traffic for a Ford product on a Wrangler forum. I would assume and expect the traffic and interest to be on a dedicated Ford or Bronco forum. I think FCA marketing should be concerned.
It's one thread. I follow an Apple forum and every time Samsung comes out with a new phone there is a thread on it. It matters because they are competing and the specs and capabilities are relevant for iPhone enthusiasts.

If this was a thread on the new Mustang electric crossover, for example, it would probably interest a lot of people on this site but it would be shuttled to one of the off-topic forums.

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
If the pics are real I like it but it also means no SFA so it's likely a poser. IF they put a great motor in it that would help it's shortcomings with many. So they can get to the trail faster on pavement but will get dusted on anything technical. Hope pics are wrong in this department.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I agree and I found his statement quite confusing. Can you imagine a bunch of Harley enthusiasts on a Harley forum having a thread talking about the new Honda Gold Wing coming out, no, ain't gonna happen!
If Honda quit making the Gold Wing for 20 years and then came out with a new one there wouldn't be a thread on it?

That's ridiculous.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
LOL. I didn't care for any of the JL colors either. Not so much that I didn't like some of them, I just didn't want a bright color for a hunting vehicle. I really wanted that tan color the JK came in. I was all set to buy a tan JK when the JL hit the streets. Glad I have a JL, but still like the idea of a tan Jeep. I'm seriously thinking of wrapping my JL. Wrapping would serve two purposes: protection and the color I wanted.
I was holding out for gobi. I couldn’t wait any longer so I went white. I’m happy with the color ( or lack there of ). I live in AZ where white paint won’t burn you when you carelessly graze it with your unprotected skin in the summer.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
It 100% looks like the Wrangler and a Land Rover Defenders love child!
You must be talking about Bronco sport (which is going against Renagate)
Real /fullsize bronco does not borrow any styling from wrangler or Landrover - it's pure 60s revival.

Side profile of the front of the big B might remind you of Disco 2, but that's because Disco 2 borrowed it from Broncon inthe first place.

Digiwolf

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I like it, but I bet its going to be between 40-60k and that's way more then I want to spend.

Sponsored

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
You must be talking about Bronco sport (which is going against Renagate)
Real /fullsize bronco does not borrow any styling from wrangler or Landrover - it's pure 60s revival.

Side profile of the front of the big B might remind you of Disco 2, but that's because Disco 2 borrowed it from Broncon inthe first place.
Nope, talking about the bronco pic. I definitely wouldn’t compare the beautiful wrangler to the bronco sport (no offence to it)

the actual bronco pic and NOT the sport is nice looking. And imo looks like a wrangler and defender put together.

jmo

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Why is it concerning ? I'm an enthusiast period who likes all kinds of vehicles . My Wrangler and Mustang GT cohabitate in the same garage :)

View attachment 290696

gt.jpg
Yup, I've owned in order:

1986 Chevy Van (Trans Air Conversion)
1994 Camaro V6
1999 Chrysler Sebring JXi Convertible
2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-v
2006 Honda S2000
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 4WD
2007 JKUX
2011 Chevy Camaro 1SS
2008 Honda Element
2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium
2015 Chevy Silverado 4WD Dual Cab
2017 Mazda Miata RF
2017 Subaru WRX STi
1998 Pontiac Trans Am
2019 JLUR

So, I'm not very brand loyal - and I can tell you that from the above list the the Sebring and JKUX were terrible in quality and I said I'd never own another. The Cherokee was impressive for its age and what I paid, though. The only reason I went with a JLUR is because nobody else makes anything comparable where the doors and roof come off.

However, my mustang was the most impressive when it cam to fit, finish,and little attention to detail - user selectable steering stiffness, ability to change gauge and ambient lighting colors, etc. I am certainly not brand loyal, and if Ford does it right, I could cross over ;)

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Nope, talking about the bronco pic. I definitely wouldn’t compare the beautiful wrangler to the bronco sport (no offence to it)

the actual bronco pic and NOT the sport is nice looking. And imo looks like a wrangler and defender put together.

jmo
All I see is pure 60s revival, no jeep what's so ever. Might be difficult to see /understand complete design with a hood open for those who are design eliturate.

20200310_120735.jpg

Screenshot_20200310-120522_Google.jpg

20200310_120735.jpg

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
All I see is pure 60s revival, no jeep what's so ever. Might be difficult to see /understand complete design with a hood open for those who are design eliturate.

20200310_120735.jpg

20200310_120735.jpg

Yup that’s me design eliturate!

you’re the one bent out of shape by my simple opinion. You win don’t worry :like:

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.