Status
Not open for further replies.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I haven't traded in years but I just transferred funds to my trading account. Hopefully it goes the way of 2008. A properly placed 40k investment netted nearly 7 figures.
No wonder you buy so many Wranglers!
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Rays...in terms of performance.
At the end of the day, it’s still a Ford. That alone should tell the buyer about it’s performance. Notice that my last statement is neutral: it is up to the reader to decide if that’s a good thing or that’s a bad thing. :CWL:

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I just don't feel it. I think that they could have deepened the character lines more, and given the grill some concave surface area. I just don't have any emotional reaction to it as it is. I honestly hope that it does well. But that design will age poorly. We may be looking at FJ Cruiser 2.0

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I just don't feel it. I think that they could have deepened the character lines more, and given the grill some concave surface area. I just don't have any emotional reaction to it as it is. I honestly hope that it does well. But that design will age poorly. We may be looking at FJ Cruiser 2.0
Except that the FJ had more distinct styling features. It is experiencing a resurgence in popularity, with value actually increasing. I think Toyota wishes they had it in their current lineup.

Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Except that the FJ had more distinct styling features. It is experiencing a resurgence in popularity, with value actually increasing. I think Toyota wishes they had it in their current lineup.
FJ is popular now because it's rare and will be good collectable like 60s bronco.

Seing how restored 60s Broncos cost upwards $80k and there's demand for new copies of classic to be made by 3rd party approved by ford - F made one that closely resembled 60s with slight modernized finishes.
F did better job at redesigning classic compared to FJ. Unlike FJ, all areas/ sides of new bronco closley resembles that of the old.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I think they are staying true to overall design of 69 bronco, side profile ( door/window/ roof lines) , fender flairs and grill.
They leaked them on purpose to lessen stock fall.

20200309_195349.jpg

20200309_195323.jpg

Screenshot_20200309-200648_Chrome.jpg
I always did like the old Broncos. Damn!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, 201,106 views now.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I like the look of it.

I wouldn't say it looks better than a Wrangler in any way though.

With Ford powertrains it will be a good package. Interested to see what they did with the doors and the soft top too.

I still wonder about IFS and aftermarket support.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if the pics posted are really the actual Bronco? Aesthetically I am not feeling it yet if the pics are real. The 2-door looks better then the 4-door to me. I will not past final judgment until I see one in person. It will be interesting to see how they drive. Being able to remove the doors and store them inside the vehicle is a winner. So is mounting the side mirrors on the "A" pillar. Can't wait to see how their hard top removal is and soft top function. Will not be very long now.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
imagine that, interest in an enthusiast vehicle on an enthusiast vehicle website. this aint a camry website drawing interest in an accord lol.
I would not blink a eye if this were a FORD enthusiast form. What's concerning is this is a JEEP Wrangler forum and the views are for a FORD product.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Not sure if the pics posted are really the actual Bronco? Aesthetically I am not feeling it yet if the pics are real. The 2-door looks better then the 4-door to me. I will not past final judgment until I see one in person. It will be interesting to see how they drive. Being able to remove the doors and store them inside the vehicle is a winner. So is mounting the side mirrors on the "A" pillar. Can't wait to see how their hard top removal is and soft top function. Will not be very long now.
The 2-door is apparently a clay model. It’s about 2/3 scale and is not quite the final design. The 4-door is production intent but I think it’s a very unflattering angle/lighting.

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
I think they are staying true to overall design of 69 bronco, side profile ( door/window/ roof lines) , fender flairs and grill.
They leaked them on purpose to lessen stock fall.
The 2 door Bronco looks awesome. I can't wait to see it in production form. I'm glad they decided to use the 1st gen Bronco as inspiration. The 1966 - 77 version of the Bronco is my fav.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.