Status
Not open for further replies.

desync0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Sport in Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
The "not sport" model is still IFS, the only competition it'll be is for the mall-crawlers-that-want-a-convertible market.

Ford's stock is in the toilet right now, they can't afford to sell something that's "loud, leaks, rides rough, makes noises, too small and has no trunk" etc, aka they can't build something for off roading more serious than a fire road. Maybe if they manage to sell enough they'll release a "raptor" version, but it still won't be rock crawler (you don't test a Jeep competitor platform in Baja, sorry).
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
At the end of the day, different strokes for different folks. If the bronco tickles your fancy and you can afford it, get it. If not then don’t. Nostalgia can be expensive but for these vehicle manufacturers, very profitable.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Perception goes a long way. We’ll agree to disagree on that one. My family and friends that own FCA have never had anything more than a minor issue. Both Wranglers I’ve had have been perfect. Zero issues after 6 years. My dads 02 Grand Cherokee was perfect for 170k miles before selling. FCA has never given me a reason to complain.

I’m not a Ford hater but the same exact comment you made can be said about the Bronco. They’re about to dish out A LOT of money over knowingly putting in faulty transmissions in the Focus. Not to mention other issues that have plagued Ford for years. People believe what they want to believe.
I'm not a Ford guy myself. Been mostly a GM owner. They have their gremlins too. Chevy bought back my 98 pickup. But that was a whole generation ago. No auto maker has a perfect record, but my Jeep has been a notch or 2 or 3 below what I've experienced with the past few GM trucks. My 2014 never had any problems in the 90,000 miles I've driven it. It never went in for anything until about 2 weeks ago for NHTSA safety recalls. But this Jeep of mine is my first FCA vehicle and has had the worst steering I've seen in anything I've driven since my brother's 69 Ford pickup with a completely worn out steering box. Then the darn driver side visor fell down. I went to order one...$500. Ha! I came up with my own fix that is probably 50 times stronger than OEM. Now, the right rear axle is leaking gear oil and oiling the parking brake and streaking the well. 9000 miles and it's not been the experience I was hoping for in a $50k SUV of the year. Still, I like it for what it is. I even chose to drive it more often, since I dumped a couple thousand $$ and days of work into the steering. Maybe it's just my turn in the barrel.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
From my knothole, I don't see Ford targeting the rock crawler customers. But I do see Jeep targeting the soccer mom market, when they created the 4 door. I see Ford as trying to do what they do in their sandbox. The soccer mom/commuter sandbox. Jeep stepped into Ford's sandbox with the 4 door Wrangler, not visa versa, IMO.

Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Who let the trash out? What happened to civilized conversation? It's just hate and bashing now.
Bro, this is a Wrangler JL forum. We supposed to NOT bash Ford? :)

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
Leaked photos of the Bronco

Ford-Bronco-Sport.jpg

Ford-Bronco-Sport-1.jpg

Ford-Bronco-Sport-4.jpg

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Leaked photos of the Bronco

Ford-Bronco-Sport.jpg

Ford-Bronco-Sport-1.jpg

Ford-Bronco-Sport-4.jpg
BABY Bronco. not the real Bronco lol. it may look similar and it may not. article on Jalopnik says the baby bronco is aimed at the jeep renegade.

looks like a land rover. meh. its OK but not jaw dropping. hopefully the real bronco looks a lot more rugged and off road inspired than commuter cuv.

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.