San Diego county testing for EJS

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Assuming my rig is back together by March 21st or 22nd I want to do some trail runs before EJS was thinking coral canyon or possibly valley of the moons. I have learned to avoid solo runs where possible, Anyone want to come along?
Sponsored

VS1VS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Have you done this trail before? I'd like to run that trail since i've never done it before. Let me know when you're trying to head out so I can see if i'm available.

Vince

OP
OP
Martindfletcher

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Have you done this trail before? I'd like to run that trail since i've never done it before. Let me know when you're trying to head out so I can see if i'm available.

Vince

I have run the loop around can’t recall the name of it and side winder. I have not done bronco peak, and won’t without a crew and top off,

I am thinking the loop and sidewinder.

you are guaranteed pin striping. Sidewinder is short but real cool.

VS1VS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I have run the loop around can’t recall the name of it and side winder. I have not done bronco peak, and won’t without a crew and top off,

I am thinking the loop and sidewinder.

you are guaranteed pin striping. Sidewinder is short but real cool.
Thanks, but not trying to get guaranteed pin stripes just yet. Are the pin stripes you're talking about from Sidewinder or just the Corral Canyon loop? What about VOTM? I have the Mopar 2" lift but stock 33's. Still waiting on my 37's.

If this doesn't work out this time, keep me in mind and message me if you're looking to go out again..

OP
OP
Martindfletcher

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Thanks, but not trying to get guaranteed pin stripes just yet. Are the pin stripes you're talking about from Sidewinder or just the Corral Canyon loop? What about VOTM? I have the Mopar 2" lift but stock 33's. Still waiting on my 37's.

If this doesn't work out this time, keep me in mind and message me if you're looking to go out again..

Loop is no issue. Only one water fall that is a potential for getting hung up. It’s not uncommon to need to winch it if a bad line is used. The lift is more than enough. 35’s are ideal. I have been with people on 33’s they been ok, there are a spots your diff get hit, it’s only a mile you can check it out on foot if you like.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Martindfletcher

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I added psc steering and the ram broke the axle side mount off, so I need to fix that. BL made me a bracket to weld on, hopefully I will get my RCV front axles installed. Few other non performances odds and ends. New rear tires also.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I added psc steering and the ram broke the axle side mount off, so I need to fix that. BL made me a bracket to weld on, hopefully I will get my RCV front axles installed. Few other non performances odds and ends. New rear tires also.
Cooky. Hope ya get her fixed and back on the road. The bracket broke I guess during your testing....

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
I'd love to do the Moons (or whatever) on the weekend of the 21st. Let me know how it shapes up.

OP
OP
Martindfletcher

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Cooky. Hope ya get her fixed and back on the road. The bracket broke I guess during your testing....
it broke in the parking lot at work. Either the bracket was fatigued or I had the ram length off, I set it short as possible to avoid issues but who knows.. the testing next week will be after I hopefully fix it

Sponsored

OP
OP
Martindfletcher

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I'd love to do the Moons (or whatever) on the weekend of the 21st. Let me know how it shapes up.
ok keep you posted, have you done valley of the moons before? I always get lost there, but eventually get out.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
ok keep you posted, have you done valley of the moons before? I always get lost there, but eventually get out.
No I haven't. I watched TrailRecon's video of it today and it looks interesting. Specifically, the "Elliot's Mine" trail. Getting lost is half the fun! (We could always use a GPS or the like)

On the other hand, this Bronco Peak trail looks downright scary and damaging.

OP
OP
Martindfletcher

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Our normal test routine is the coral canyon loop, then if all goes well, hit sidewinder. It has a variety of lines for difficulty levels for testing, and it’s 25 minutes closer. Sidewinder although short is very fun.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
How would you describe the difficulty? I don't mind pinstripes and some rock crawling, but I'm definitely anti-body-damage. ;)

I have sufficient lift and underside protection (I think.) I'm also running 37s but no beadlocks.

OP
OP
Martindfletcher

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
How would you describe the difficulty? I don't mind pinstripes and some rock crawling, but I'm definitely anti-body-damage. ;)

I have sufficient lift and underside protection (I think.) I'm also running 37s but no beadlocks.
Other than pin stripes coral canyon loop, minor scrapes of shock mounts or dif are possible at the waterfall.

sidewinder requires some care, you can roll a vehicle at sidewinder, it can de done on 33’s but you have to careful. Certainly a few but clencher moments. Rock rails help. You can always hike it, spot, take some pics and if you want do it we go around again.
Sponsored