Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Miller Jeep Trail is really fun, just a little more off the grid

Miller Jeep Trail
Lockwood Creek, Frazier Park, CA 93225
https://maps.app.goo.gl/VEXbXx735U96ikPt7

Rowher flats is always awesome with some good views. The snow and rain from the season made the terrain a bit more trickier which is always fun

Miller is closed till well into summer though isn't it? Is it just the hard climb out of the valley at the very end that's closed or is Lockwood also closed up? I ran Lockwood/Miller the day before it closed for the season and I'm dying to go back.

Rowher is my quick trail to quench the wheeling thirst when I don't wanna go all the way to Cleghorn/Pilot Rock/Big Bear. I probably make it out there twice a week, lol - my profile picture on here is from there. Lockwood/Miller though is one of my favorite trails. Nice and long, lots of scenery and a fairly competent challenge on the final climb.

I did notice that they recently graded/filled in some of the gnarlier washouts on Rowher in the last month or so. Namely the big hole on the very first climb out of the creek at the start.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Miller is closed till well into summer though isn't it? Is it just the hard climb out of the valley at the very end that's closed or is Lockwood also closed up? I ran Lockwood/Miller the day before it closed for the season and I'm dying to go back.

Rowher is my quick trail to quench the wheeling thirst when I don't wanna go all the way to Cleghorn/Pilot Rock/Big Bear. I probably make it out there twice a week, lol - my profile picture on here is from there. Lockwood/Miller though is one of my favorite trails. Nice and long, lots of scenery and a fairly competent challenge on the final climb.

I did notice that they recently graded/filled in some of the gnarlier washouts on Rowher in the last month or so. Namely the big hole on the very first climb out of the creek at the start.
Miller usually opens no later than May 1st. If the weather hasn't been that bad and looks to hold as favorable for the rest of the season I've seen it open by April 1. I just watch the ranger site. It says open or closed.
Hit me up anytime you go to Rowher if you like. Living the retired life, I'm pretty flexible and always happy to meet up with some new peeps

HackedJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Had no idea Miller was closed, now I realize it that I'm always going during summer time. Great save, woulda been a long drive over there

kvrsos

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
There are quite a few of us reasonably close to rowher flats. Is there any interest in having a day up there on rowher trail, lookout trail a good size group and maybe have a lunch break on either end?
Going to hit Rowher today around 1130. Thinking of doing Rowher Trail up then down to Bouquet Canton Rd. Anyone wanna join?

Sponsored

kvrsos

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Cool, my son is off from school so will def head up w him. Lmk

kvrsos

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Leaving Sherman oaks in 10m should be there around same time.

Sponsored

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Let’s meet right off Sierra canyon. Gonna air down there
https://goo.gl/maps/6MtZ8wvudqwukNyUA 14202-14200 Sierra Hwy, Santa Clarita, CA 91390
Kirk, assuming you're back safe and secure. I just arrived myself after dropping Tim off. The drawback of being up front, no pictures! Post up some pictures if you get a chance please. ESPECIALLY that video of Adal if you can. That poor guy looked kinda close to a big ole 'sheeee-ite'
Thanks for reaching out today. I appreciate the commadarie out there.

kvrsos

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I can’t stop laughing from that vid! Man that was fun what a great afternoon. ! I’ll post a bunch when I get back home...good stuff

kvrsos

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Send me your email and I’ll send it. Can’t figure this forum posting thing from my cell...you running is up on the laugh meter as well!!!
Sponsored