Sponsored

Chance of punk'n returning?

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I think with the upcoming launch of the Gladiator Mojave that Jeep discontinued punk'n in order to make it a Mojave specific color. Their two promo vehicles were punk'n and sing gray, so it makes no sense for them to promote this model and then immediately cancel the color completely. For the Wrangler however, who knows.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gorilla83

Gorilla83

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JLUR 4XE, 2021 Tesla 3 Performance
Occupation
Tech and Real Estate Guy
I was fortunate enough to visit a dealer this week in PA during a business trip that had BOTH mojito and punk'n side by side. After seeing them together I personally liked the mojito much better. It was a very valuable visit and began furiously looking for something comparable in mojito. I was able to find a '19 leftover MOAB in mojito and scheduled to pick her up tomorrow morning if all goes well! It has everything I wanted except for the sky one touch - i'll go with the dual top combo instead and will have to live with it. Wish me luck :)

Orange vs green.jpeg

Last edited:

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2004 Wrangler Unlimited
I think with the upcoming launch of the Gladiator Mojave that Jeep discontinued punk'n in order to make it a Mojave specific color. Their two promo vehicles were punk'n and sing gray, so it makes no sense for them to promote this model and then immediately cancel the color completely. For the Wrangler however, who knows.
It's discontinued on the gladiator too, and it went away before Mojave ordering opened up this week. Crazy that they featured it on the Mojave and the Groundhog day commercial, then pulled the plug.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
I was fortunate enough to visit a dealer this week in PA during a business trip that had BOTH mojito and punk'n side by side. After seeing them together I personally liked the mojito much better. It was a very valuable visit and began furiously looking for something comparable in mojito. I was able to find a '19 leftover MOAB in mojito and scheduled to pick her up tomorrow morning if all goes well! It has everything I wanted except for the sky one touch - i'll go with the dual top combo instead and will have to live with it. Wish me luck :)

Orange vs green.jpeg
We got the Sky One on our Mojito... if I were you I wouldn’t settle.. plus the road noise difference is hands down better on a sky one. I just saw a loaded Bikini with Sky one in Chicago today. Looked great, but Mojito was are only reason for the upgrade .... I can tell you every single time we pull her out of the garage the Sky one is opened..10 seconds....I have had 13 wranglers and this hands down it the way to go, specially if your getting older or have health issues like me.

good luck and happy hunting.... I promise it will be worth it

5C1C1ED4-A77B-44EA-9A28-AD6B58E9AE95.jpeg

Sponsored

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
As of right now their is no plan for either the mojito or orange to return. Jeep just released a new color for the Wranglers, Sarge Green and they still offer the Firecracker Red, Hellayella, Bikini Pearl and Ocean Blue for those of us interested in a brighter color that isn't a version of gray. I'll keep an eye out for any other color changes but my order sheet isn't showing any changes anytime soon.

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
As of right now their is no plan for either the mojito or orange to return. ...
That really sucks ... I was waiting to see / test a diesel on the lot and get info on the Bronco before I put in an order. Both would have happened in the next few weeks.

Ordering white and getting it repainted / wrapped right away was something I very much wanted to avoid.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps

Orange vs green.jpeg
I have to say, I think Punk'n is the best JL color by far. I sort of regret selling mine. Currently I have HellaYella and like it as well but have a soft spot for Punk'n.

Sponsored

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
That really sucks ... I was waiting to see / test a diesel on the lot and get info on the Bronco before I put in an order. Both would have happened in the next few weeks.

Ordering white and getting it repainted / wrapped right away was something I very much wanted to avoid.
Sorry you missed out on the Orange. Wrangler has a history of only keeping the more exciting colors for a few years and rotating them in and out. We usually don't get much of a heads up when a color is being cut. Usually by the time I know it is only a couple weeks away from happening.

OP
OP
Gorilla83

Gorilla83

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech and Real Estate Guy
OP
OP
Gorilla83

Gorilla83

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech and Real Estate Guy
As of right now their is no plan for either the mojito or orange to return. Jeep just released a new color for the Wranglers, Sarge Green and they still offer the Firecracker Red, Hellayella, Bikini Pearl and Ocean Blue for those of us interested in a brighter color that isn't a version of gray. I'll keep an eye out for any other color changes but my order sheet isn't showing any changes anytime soon.
A bummer indeed but do appreciate you sharing your "inside" insight with us. :)

Fortunately, I was able to snag a leftover '19 MOAB in Mojito for a fantastic price this morning! No sky one touch (although it has every other option on my checklist and more) but I'll be just fine with the hard top and will begin the hunt for a soft top shortly. It was about a 130 mile ride home from Ocean city, MD this morning where I found the car - loved it! I do think I will switch out the M/T tires for some A/T, but the tire noise isn't as bad on back roads as it was on the highway and I mainly drive on back roads so that could wait until after the soft top if needed.

20200307_184609712_iOS.jpeg

20200307_184559570_iOS.jpeg

20200307_190751750_iOS.jpeg

Last edited:

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
they still offer the Firecracker Red, Hellayella, Bikini Pearl and Ocean Blue for those of us interested in a brighter color that isn't a version of gray.
I wouldn't hold my breath on Hella Yella either - if I recall, it was released just after Mojito, so it might be next on the chopping block. I'm also pretty sure I've heard of people not being able to order painted fenders on Hella Yella, which was the first sign that mojito was going away.

Point being - if there is a wrangler being made in a color you like that's not greyscale or red, don't hesitate!
Sponsored