Non-LED to LED Fender Light Question

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
where did you purchase the cable and OBD dongle?
Amazon. Be sure the cable and OBD dongle are “fulfilled by Amazon”. I ordered a cable shipped from China and a month later I still don’t have it. I ordered a second one from Amazon and got it in a few days.

Gregj
Sponsored

JWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Amazon. Be sure the cable and OBD dongle are “fulfilled by Amazon”. I ordered a cable shipped from China and a month later I still don’t have it. I ordered a second one from Amazon and got it in a few days.

Gregj
Can you share what you ordered? I searched obd dongle and it all looks Bluetooth. And I’m not sure which cable to get.
Thanks

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
For the front end everything is pretty straight forward. For the rear lights it can be a little confusing as the app is European (maybe South African, the YouTube video has a guy with an accent i cant figure out) and the taillights are configured a little different over there (stop/turn are separate).

It would be advisable to get screen shots of each setting before changing so you have a reference to revert to stock.

Gregj
I've been digging around the JSCAN menus and I feel the most obscure setting might be trying to find the one that enables the LED headlight DRL Halo. The fogs, fenders, and turns seem pretty straight forward like you said. Do you have any experience with the headlight halo you could share?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been digging around the JSCAN menus and I feel the most obscure setting might be trying to find the one that enables the LED headlight DRL Halo. The fogs, fenders, and turns seem pretty straight forward like you said. Do you have any experience with the headlight halo you could share?
I do not have Halo’s on my Jeep. I did install the Kiwi Master headlights on my wife’s Jeep and connected the Halo to the Aux 4 switch.

Gregj

Last edited:

Sponsored

bval001

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
I dont understand why all these companies dont make leds for the sport models?? especially the parking lights and fogs

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jcarrig3
What gauge wires did you use to make your harness?
The connectors for the molex connector at the light appear to be 22-28 gauge. the OEM wire looks like 16 gauge at the most, they are led's and don't draw a lot of current.

Gregj
edit to add the cavity seals for the other end are 18-24 gauge.

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
Thanks! I have some 22 gauge wire so I'm going to use that along with the connectors from Mouser.

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
Shout out to @Jcarrig3 and @Gregj
I purchased a set of painted LED fender flares to put on my Sport S and got them for a great price since the plug for the wiring harness been cut off. Thanks to this thread I was able to make new plug ends for only $13 in parts! A few taps with JScan and the LEDs and DRL are working normally.

Sponsored

mgalland

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Does anyone know the part number or have a link to the plastic rivets for the wheel liner. I had it and lost it.

Max

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
Does anyone know the part number or have a link to the plastic rivets for the wheel liner. I had it and lost it.

Max
I think the part number for those plastic rivets is 6506007AA but they are insanely expensive everywhere I looked. You can pick up a kit with the tool and an assortment of rivets at Harbor Freight for <$20.

mgalland

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I think the part number for those plastic rivets is 6506007AA but they are insanely expensive everywhere I looked. You can pick up a kit with the tool and an assortment of rivets at Harbor Freight for <$20.
Thanks for the help.

Manoj

First Name
Shan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Shout out to @Jcarrig3 and @Gregj
I purchased a set of painted LED fender flares to put on my Sport S and got them for a great price since the plug for the wiring harness been cut off. Thanks to this thread I was able to make new plug ends for only $13 in parts! A few taps with JScan and the LEDs and DRL are working normally.
Hi I am facing the same problem.
The connector end is cut off.
I managed to find the molex connector but hard time to find the terminal inside the connector.
I tried to find them from a previous thread but no luck.
If you remember the part number and where to buy that would be great
Thanks

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
Hi I am facing the same problem.
The connector end is cut off.
I managed to find the molex connector but hard time to find the terminal inside the connector.
I tried to find them from a previous thread but no luck.
If you remember the part number and where to buy that would be great
Thanks
I used the parts that @Jcarrig3 posted earlier in this thread:

Terminals:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-AMP/7-1452665-1?qs=/ha2pyFadujIdv7bNGbqwai4%2BBNglbThWYzHkbnd0Yj32/%2BFl5LFtA==

Wire Seals:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity/967067-1?qs=/ha2pyFadujEXKZ0CMoP%2BU/higpMJE264eJq2wXJph0OXPj5Mk4uFw==

Molex Connector:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/34900-6140?qs=/ha2pyFadui96chTOer00LywF7fPP2S5ZTUm/EFIk/xkU4Hz8OA33w==
Sponsored