Sponsored

Help with bolts for soft top

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I purchased a used soft top for my wife's JLU, but it didn't come with the bolts that attach the bow brackets to the roll bars. I've looked at the parts diagram and asked Quadratec, but neither were able to identify the bolts. The soft top installation instructions just identify the bolts as part O, with no other information. According to those same instructions, they are the same bolts as used to attach the folding mechanism to the bow brackets, and I have those. But I haven't been able to find a part number so I can order 4 more. Does anyone know of a more detailed diagram or a vendor that can help me identify these bolts?
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I purchased a used soft top for my wife's JLU, but it didn't come with the bolts that attach the bow brackets to the roll bars. I've looked at the parts diagram and asked Quadratec, but neither were able to identify the bolts. The soft top installation instructions just identify the bolts as part O, with no other information. According to those same instructions, they are the same bolts as used to attach the folding mechanism to the bow brackets, and I have those. But I haven't been able to find a part number so I can order 4 more. Does anyone know of a more detailed diagram or a vendor that can help me identify these bolts?
This?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/door-surround-screw-and-washer-jl-06512163AA

OP
OP
laroo

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Thanks, but I do have those. They are much longer than what I need. I'm pretty certain the screws I need are not on the replacement parts diagram.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Thanks, but I do have those. They are much longer than what I need. I'm pretty certain the screws I need are not on the replacement parts diagram.
Ok fair enough--that wasn't what you were looking for and that's cool.

Have you scrolled your way through this to see if what you're looking for is available?

https://www.quadratec.com/vehicle/jeep-wrangler-jl-parts/jeep-soft-tops/soft-top-hardware

I don't want to insult your intelligence. I get that you've done your Quadratec research.

If that doesn't help, perhaps a call to Bestop will help.....

....now granted, they're likely to give you the "we make the top for FCA, but it's FCA product to sell," line--but they may be able to pinpoint what you're talking about.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Ok fair enough--that wasn't what you were looking for and that's cool.

Have you scrolled your way through this to see if what you're looking for is available?

https://www.quadratec.com/vehicle/jeep-wrangler-jl-parts/jeep-soft-tops/soft-top-hardware

I don't want to insult your intelligence. I get that you've done your Quadratec research.

If that doesn't help, perhaps a call to Bestop will help.....

....now granted, they're likely to give you the "we make the top for FCA, but it's FCA product to sell," line--but they may be able to pinpoint what you're talking about.
Actually we won't give you that line :surprised:. About two months ago we helped someone find some obscure plastic part that the dealer couldn't identify on their factory soft top and happened to have an extra in-house that we sent them free of charge. That may not always be the case depending on what it is but our customer service team tries.

@laroo - if you'll private message me with your email and phone number I'll have one of the team get in touch and see if they can help :like:

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2D, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow
I was on this crazy journey myself about a year ago after buying a soft top on Craigslist. I talked to two local dealers, Benny on here, looked at a soft top Jeep at the dealer, and never figured it out. It would be so helpful if Mopar put part numbers on those darn diagrams. I did buy several things that weren't right. I eventually bought metric bolts and washers from Home Depot's "special" drawers on the hardware aisle. It worked! I'm out of town so I cant look up what I bought right now but could next weekend. PM me if you still need a hand in about a week.

OP
OP
laroo

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Thanks to the 3 of you. I'll send PM's to help figure this out. There are parts diagrams that I've seen a few places, but they only have part numbers for some of the fasteners, not all of them. I don't get it. If Bestop can't help, I'll go the hardware store route. I'm just surprised I can't find a reference to this part anywhere.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Actually we won't give you that line :surprised:. About two months ago we helped someone find some obscure plastic part that the dealer couldn't identify on their factory soft top and happened to have an extra in-house that we sent them free of charge. That may not always be the case depending on what it is but our customer service team tries.

@laroo - if you'll private message me with your email and phone number I'll have one of the team get in touch and see if they can help :like:

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I'm glad to hear this [Cassie]. My experience was different and by no means was I taken back by Bestop's customer service when this happened, or their great products.

My sense of things at the time was that Bestop was contractually obligated to have MOPAR sell and service a soft top that Bestop just happens to make exclusively for FCA to sell, that not even Bestop sells. :)

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ever get your hands on them? I just put my soft top back on. The bolts I bought at Home Depot work fine, but I'd like to have the "real" ones some day. More concerning was the driver side lifting mechanism wouldn't unlock and was twisted in a weird position. No idea how that happened just sitting on the floor all winter. And - conspiracy! - the driver's side mechanism is $350, but the passenger is $100. Hmmm; very odd. I tore it apart, took the various springs out (really they volunteered to come out in a very sudden way), reinstalled without them, and it's working fine. So soft top is good to go - albeit with mismatched bolts and a busted "lock" mechanism.

Sponsored

OP
OP
laroo

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Yes, part number 06512230AA is right. I already had 4 of them, so I ordered the additional 4 I needed, they were exactly like the 4 I had. Sorry, I thought I already posted here to confirm.

I've read here somewhere about the locking function causing problems, and someone posted to not take the folding mechanism apart cause it's impossible to get back together. Guess you confirmed that. You're probably fine without one lock working, especially if you strap the top down.

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I'm ordering. I read every post I could find on the mechanism, including the caution not to disassemble. I wanted to see if it would work with just the one side before dropping $350 on a $100 replacement. Sunrider holds fine and the latch releases it from the right side. Sad and janky, but fully functional.

Appreciate your help!
Sponsored