2 Door vs 4 Door

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Amazes me people are debating looks. Opinion is opinion. There is no right answer. Reality is 4door makes sense for the majority of people but not everybody. Buy what you like. Coming from an older Grand Cherokee as my first car I love the 4 door since it feels like the solid axle GCs/regular XJ Cherokee with Wrangler attributes. Win-win.
Did OP not start this thread to hear our opinions? What am I missing?

upload_2020-3-3_18-3-23.png

Merrily we troll along, troll along, troll along... ;)
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Did OP not start this thread to hear our opinions? What am I missing?

upload_2020-3-3_18-3-23.png

Merrily we troll along, troll along, troll along... ;)
Where did I say this thread is not about opinions? I clearly offered mine. Another one with a lack of basic reading comprehension.

Pchmotoho

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, misc old cars
Jl's are like sports cars, light, fast and agile. JLU's are like soccer mom SUV's and without doors, top look like an amusement park ride.
What kind of sports cars have you driven that remind you of any Jeep?

If their is something extremely magical about a 2 door jeep (other than the number of doors) that will make me remotely think I’m in any one of my old sports cars I’m buying a 2 door tomorrow.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

If their is something extremely magical about a 2 door jeep (other than the number of doors) that will make me remotely think I’m in any one of my old sports cars I’m buying a 2 door tomorrow.
Does this fit the criteria?
207151.jpg

Then again, there's always this:
race-truck(5).jpg

Sponsored

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door Sport S, 2021 Gladiator 80th

Well Duh..... a Miata of course

caa68f81cb93196a3ce5a4343c37ed0c.jpg

flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Well, sports cars are typically the most nimble vehicles on the road, and the 2dr Wrangler is pretty damn nimble too. But after that I can't think of any other similarities except you can't fit much luggage in either :)

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Well, sports cars are typically the most nimble vehicles on the road, and the 2dr Wrangler is pretty damn nimble too. But after that I can't think of any other similarities except you can't fit much luggage in either :)
As a 2dr owner let me play Devil’s advocate: cornering a wet road in my Jeep feels anything but nimble. The wheel hop can be very unsettling! (Nimble as hell in the mall parking lot, though!)

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Does it fit the criteria? Not really. I believe he was talking about 2 door Wranglers.
But the question was:
And my answer was the Jeepser. It was literally designed to be a sports car.

From Wikipedia's page about the Jeepster:
After World War II, Jeep trademark owner, Willys, began producing and marketing the "CJ" (for Civilian Jeep) to farmers, foresters, and others with similar utilitarian needs. It also began producing the Jeep Wagon/Panel Utility/Pick-up in 1946, and the Jeep Truck in 1947.

Seeing a gap in their product lineup, Willys developed the Jeepster to crossover from their "utilitarian" trucks to the passenger automobile market. Willys-Overland lacked the machinery to form deep-drawn fenders or complicated shapes, so the vehicle had to use a simple and slab-sided design. Industrial designer Brooks Stevens styled a line of postwar vehicles for Willys using a common platform that included the Jeep pickup and station wagon, as well as a sporty two-door open car that he envisioned as a sports car for veterans of World War II.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
but so underpowered,
Well considering the biggest flathead V8s of the time made less than 150 Hp, anything of that era can be considered underpowered from our modern perspective, lol.

Maz7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm the type of a guy who regrets his 4 door. I've had two 2door in the past. One was 2005 TJ and the other one was 2011 JK. So when the time came to buy my new JL, I was like ok let's make some changes; Let me get the 4 doors incase I got a girl, kids, loading a lot of thing etc. Oh man after a while, I feel this thing is too big for me none of that happened. Still a single guy. Whish if i stuck to 2 door.
Sponsored