Sponsored

Check Out! Quake LED's Jeep Wrangler JL / JT Gladiator DRL, Sequential Turn Signal Fender Chop Kit

baz

First Name
Baz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Unlimited 2019
These are super sweet! They look better than any of the other ones that i've seen on the market, especially with the amber side marker. Is there going to be a product like this that I can expect anytime soon for my sport model??
What exactly is the "amber side marker"?

EDIT: I figured it out - so with this chop the light looks like one continuous light, front to side, right?
Sponsored

baz

First Name
Baz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Unlimited 2019
I am new to chopping but I think I love it. Is the chop basically removing all the edge that is not body-colored (on body-colored fenders)? Is there some other edge protection that takes its place? Are there downsides to doing this?

smarshall

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Auto Definitions has posted a follow up after installing. Just wished they did some daytime closeups showing more detail. Does the bracket require drilling holes in the fender? It looks like there is screw head above the amber turn signal in the painted part of the fender.

baz

First Name
Baz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Unlimited 2019
Excellent share, I've been looking for something like this. So it looks like a "chop" does not actually involve machining anything, you simply unscrew the extra piece, is this correct?

Does the bracket require drilling holes in the fender? It looks like there is screw head above the amber turn signal in the painted part of the fender.
@Quake LED is any of the install process non-reversable?

Last edited:

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
I am new to chopping but I think I love it. Is the chop basically removing all the edge that is not body-colored (on body-colored fenders)? Is there some other edge protection that takes its place? Are there downsides to doing this?
Auto Definitions has posted a follow up after installing. Just wished they did some daytime closeups showing more detail. Does the bracket require drilling holes in the fender? It looks like there is screw head above the amber turn signal in the painted part of the fender.

Excellent share, I've been looking for something like this. So it looks like a "chop" does not actually involve machining anything, you simply unscrew the extra piece, is this correct?

@Quake LED is any of the install process non-reversable?

It’s been a while and they haven’t answered these really good questions. I’m interested as well.... reviving this thread to see if they can answer them now..??

Sponsored

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
Anybody have the slim set??? Looking to buy a set

Hammerrp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK 2dr Rubi

Sponsored

limeyinusa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Sport
Thanks for the feedback. That tells me all I need to know about this product and the company.
Well let me update that.
Emails seem unresponsive. I sent an email a week ago to an individual and another one at the start of this week to the customer service and no responses. Not even a busy will get in touch.
I did call today and spoke with a lady (forget her name now) and she was very helpful and organized my replacement.
So my confidence is restored. Seems like maybe they are really busy (judging by back ground noise).
I will say aside from my issue with a halo failing on one fog light I do love this product.

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Sweat Shop Manger, Slum Lord and Break Dancer
Well let me update that.
Emails seem unresponsive. I sent an email a week ago to an individual and another one at the start of this week to the customer service and no responses. Not even a busy will get in touch.
I did call today and spoke with a lady (forget her name now) and she was very helpful and organized my replacement.
So my confidence is restored. Seems like maybe they are really busy (judging by back ground noise).
I will say aside from my issue with a halo failing on one fog light I do love this product.
Limeyinusa,

I apologize it took us so long to get back to you, we never like to hear that customers couldn't get ahold of us, but I am glad your confidence is restored. As you found out the best way to contact us is to call us direct at 720 305 8979 as we are in the office Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm MST. Sometimes the emails get lost in the system which is something that should be updated by now. I hope that the replacement we sent you is functioning as expected and that you are still enjoying your Quake LED lights. If you ever need anything else in the future reach out and we will get you taken care of.

limeyinusa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Sport
Limeyinusa,

I apologize it took us so long to get back to you, we never like to hear that customers couldn't get ahold of us, but I am glad your confidence is restored. As you found out the best way to contact us is to call us direct at 720 305 8979 as we are in the office Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm MST. Sometimes the emails get lost in the system which is something that should be updated by now. I hope that the replacement we sent you is functioning as expected and that you are still enjoying your Quake LED lights. If you ever need anything else in the future reach out and we will get you taken care of.
Thanks for the response and update.
I did get hold of Lindsay via phone and she was extremely helpful. I'm embarrassed to say that when I got the replacement light I figured out it was an issue car side not light side ;o)
So the lights are and always were perfect and I returned the replacement.

TO reiterate....i definitely WOULD recommend Quake LED lights for quality and performance.....and now with this explanation customer service.