2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
The fenders stop the rocks from being flung upward and forward into oncoming traffic. I had a broken windshield from this exact situation.
Ah, I hadn't considered oncoming traffic. Good point!

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I got pulled over in my red Fiat 124 Spider while doing 72 in a 70 zone. The officer was adamant I was doing 84, which I know I wasn't. Anyway he writes me up. I normally don't fight tickets but this time they really ticked me off. Got home and found an app called Off the Record: you download the app and follow the steps. https://offtherecord.com/

It asks where you got pulled over (State and County), has you take a photo of the ticket and automatically populates all the fields. You review that all the information is correct and submit.

They don't guarantee that they will remove the ticket completely, but they guarantee that they will at least have it changed to a non-moving violation so that it won't affect your record, without having to appear in court. The app then asks for $200 upfront so that they can hook you up with a lawyer near you within 24 hours. I paid the $200 and submitted.

Within 24 hours I get a text from a law firm near me saying that they would be happy to represent me. They would take it over from here. They texted me a few indications of what to expect for next steps and an overall timeframe. In my case, county office processing was taking 2 months for court appearances, so they told me not to worry about it for 2 months.

Sure enough, as the 2 months came up, I got a notification from the county that my ticket had been switched to a no-seatbelt violation and to pay $75. Good riddance. The whole thing cost me $275 and am happy to not have the speeding ticket on my driving record.

I'd recommend using Off the Record by anyone who gets pulled over for speeding...or has the cops' claiming that you were speeding...

Turkish bazaar style justice system where one charge is replaced by a completely different charge .

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Turkish bazaar style justice system where one charge is replaced by a completely different charge .
Yup. In the end it is nothing more than about the revenue, notwithstanding the pretensions that it is for "our safety."

skipstar

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Sounds like a big waste of time. My wifes sister is a cop. I have attended a few gatherings with her and her co-workers. I will say the perception people have of them is well earned.
That’s funny because I bet your sister in law has said to her friends and co workers that you are the type of person that they are talking about when they XY&Z about people. maybe next time you should think before you post something so stupid.

Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
@OP

Did you get your tire/wheel setup purchased and put on in MN? If so, then why are't they (the tire place) gatekeeping if it violates a tire/wheel law in your state?

But in any case it sounds like the MN law actually allows </= 2 inches of outsticking... based on what someone posted earlier...

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
That’s funny because I bet your sister in law has said to her friends and co workers that you are the type of person that they are talking about when they XY&Z about people. maybe next time you should think before you post something so stupid.
Awww....someone got all upset.

TJ PL MN

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR. 2016 Acura MDX
Let me preface by saying this... my driving record is completely clean. It’s been 10+ years since I was even pulled over for speeding.

Got pulled over today. I was going 67 in a 70, but it was clear the state patrol was lined up along the highway just looking for issues. I was kind of stunned because I knew I under the speed limit.

Anyway, the state patrol officer came up... he was actually really cool, but pulled me over because my tires 35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers were outside the stock fenders on my 2019 Sport. He also noted that the taillights (great looking Oracle Lighting LEDs) were too dark and not stock. They are very bright LEDs, so I’m really not sure what the issue is with them.

Although the officer was great and ended up just wanting to talk Jeep stuff, I really don’t feel like being pulled over constantly. Anyone experience this or was it just a one off incident. Are there fender extensions that I can use to get out past the tires? Appreciate any feedback!
Let me preface by saying this... my driving record is completely clean. It’s been 10+ years since I was even pulled over for speeding.

Got pulled over today. I was going 67 in a 70, but it was clear the state patrol was lined up along the highway just looking for issues. I was kind of stunned because I knew I under the speed limit.

Anyway, the state patrol officer came up... he was actually really cool, but pulled me over because my tires 35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers were outside the stock fenders on my 2019 Sport. He also noted that the taillights (great looking Oracle Lighting LEDs) were too dark and not stock. They are very bright LEDs, so I’m really not sure what the issue is with them.

Although the officer was great and ended up just wanting to talk Jeep stuff, I really don’t feel like being pulled over constantly. Anyone experience this or was it just a one off incident. Are there fender extensions that I can use to get out past the tires? Appreciate any feedback!
Only rule I read is that a taillight needs to be visible for 1,000 feet.
MN statue shows tires can not stick out past fender flare d/t tossing up debris at other vehicles. Bumper height etc...
Just curious- Eden Prairie or Hopkins the area stopped? Things seem to be enforced little heavier on the west side of metro!!

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I got pulled over in my red Fiat 124 Spider while doing 72 in a 70 zone. The officer was adamant I was doing 84, which I know I wasn't. Anyway he writes me up. I normally don't fight tickets but this time they really ticked me off. Got home and found an app called Off the Record: you download the app and follow the steps. https://offtherecord.com/

It asks where you got pulled over (State and County), has you take a photo of the ticket and automatically populates all the fields. You review that all the information is correct and submit.

They don't guarantee that they will remove the ticket completely, but they guarantee that they will at least have it changed to a non-moving violation so that it won't affect your record, without having to appear in court. The app then asks for $200 upfront so that they can hook you up with a lawyer near you within 24 hours. I paid the $200 and submitted.

Within 24 hours I get a text from a law firm near me saying that they would be happy to represent me. They would take it over from here. They texted me a few indications of what to expect for next steps and an overall timeframe. In my case, county office processing was taking 2 months for court appearances, so they told me not to worry about it for 2 months.

Sure enough, as the 2 months came up, I got a notification from the county that my ticket had been switched to a no-seatbelt violation and to pay $75. Good riddance. The whole thing cost me $275 and am happy to not have the speeding ticket on my driving record.

I'd recommend using Off the Record by anyone who gets pulled over for speeding...or has the cops' claiming that you were speeding...
Radar or laser?

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE

All you need is mudflaps, problem resolved. Really easy to put on really easy to takeoff for when you go wheeling

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Here in Texas you do not have to have fenders unless it’s a commercial vehicle there’s no rules on bumpers either or rims or steering or suspension:idea: 5foot lift for Jeep oh well mom won’t be able to get in:)
Hello, fellow Jeeper. I was born in Arlington TX. Right down Randall Mill road at the old Arlington Memorial Hospital. Long time AGO !! :rock:
Stay safe !!! :jk:

viking265

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon

That 200 dollars paid for a traffic court lawyer to appear on your behalf you could have done the same at your local hearing office there are always lawyers there during hearing times

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Sounds like this cop is just a Jeep guy and took a closer look at yours than 99% of cops would. I think you just got pulled over by a bored cop who appreciate Jeeps. He wanted to let you know that your Jeep is technically not legal. If I were you, I'd wait until I got pulled over again for the same issue before worrying about fender extenders. With your clean record, the next cop (if there is one) will probably just insist that you fix your fenders.

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I got pulled over a long time ago driving a four wheel drive van and the officer said that he hoped I didn’t mind him pulling me over, he had never seen a 4X4 van before, and he wanted to look it over.

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I've been pulled over twice in the last 6 months by same trooper in my JL. He never gives me a ticket but always gives my rear fender a fist bump on the way back to his patrol car. Wtf ?:LOL:
Sponsored