New Rubicon Express 2" Budget Boost

mcclain

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU - White
I just went into 4 wheel parts the other day when I was ordering my wheels and tires, I've done alot of work with them and the manager was trying to sell me on the new Rubicon Express Budget Boost https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyCEFHzbOZI
I had ran a budget boost for a little while on my very first 2010, and I wasn't that impressed with it. They are telling me that these new ones will ride like a dream and give me the lift I would like, but i'm skeptical. The price is right, but this go around I keep leaning toward waiting and saving for a mopar lift, but for the price the boost has me curious. Trying to do it smart this go around. I ordered the nitto grappler 285/75/17 but now thinking I should have just gone with the 35's and this. Also wondering if anyone knows when they will get the superchip released. If anyone has one of these on there I'd like to know how it effected it.
Sponsored

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I just went into 4 wheel parts the other day when I was ordering my wheels and tires, I've done alot of work with them and the manager was trying to sell me on the new Rubicon Express Budget Boost https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyCEFHzbOZI
I had ran a budget boost for a little while on my very first 2010, and I wasn't that impressed with it. They are telling me that these new ones will ride like a dream and give me the lift I would like, but i'm skeptical. The price is right, but this go around I keep leaning toward waiting and saving for a mopar lift, but for the price the boost has me curious. Trying to do it smart this go around. I ordered the nitto grappler 285/75/17 but now thinking I should have just gone with the 35's and this. Also wondering if anyone knows when they will get the superchip released. If anyone has one of these on there I'd like to know how it effected it.
20180228_165334.jpg

Just pulled the trigger on it today. Super nice kit, heavy duty shock extensions. 4Wheel Parts guys were impressed with the quality.

OP
OP
mcclain

mcclain

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU - White
20180228_165334.jpg

Just pulled the trigger on it today. Super nice kit, heavy duty shock extensions. 4Wheel Parts guys were impressed with the quality.
that looks great, how is the handling on it, and the pickup? When I put my very first one on it lost a lot of the acceleration, so I had really been on the fence whether to go that route or not again. That set up looks great man, congrats!

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
The lift isn't going to affect your acceleration. Bigger tires will, but lift, it isn't going to increase aerodynamic drag enough to impact acceleration. MPG's maybe.

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
that looks great, how is the handling on it, and the pickup? When I put my very first one on it lost a lot of the acceleration, so I had really been on the fence whether to go that route or not again. That set up looks great man, congrats!
Yea, I didn't notice any change in acceleration, the JL with the 8 speed has plenty of power. The ride is exactly the same as stock which is what I was looking for.

Sponsored

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
Can someone upload the installation instructions for reference?

Tl5glenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Fireman
20180228_165334.jpg

can you post some pics from the front and rear please thank you...also did you need to get a alignment?

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
can you post some pics from the front and rear please thank you...also did you need to get a alignment?
Sure can, in the a.m. (just got back from a Jeep club trip). What are you looking for? Just the stance or the components? I did get an alignment but I don't think it was out much. I've done two all day trips and it has worked awesome.

Sponsored

Tl5glenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fireman
Looks awesome I just ordered mine

Tl5glenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fireman
Looks like you went with the bfgoodrich 315 70 r17?

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Looks awesome I just ordered mine
Congrats! I think it's the best spacer kit I've ever seen. I plan on running it until I need new shocks at 100k+ miles and then only removing the shock extensions for new longer shocks. But thats 10 years down the road at least.