OP
OP
JMatt

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
How did the sensor do when you put them in the bumper...any problems? Looks good! Pick my Diesel up tomorrow.
Well first, congrats on getting the diesel after your agonizing wait. So the sensors work perfectly, but . . .

I currently have the 37s mounted as low as possible. Gives great sightlines out the rearview mirror - and sets off the rear sensors. If I mount the tire up another inch or so the sensors work without being set off by the tire. So the tradeoff is, best rear visibility and turn off the sensors (rear camera works fine), or live with a slightly less good rearview, but have sensors ready to warn you of anything back there. I'm currently choosing best rear view and turn off the beeping in reverse.
Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Cool! I was wondering how they would work...I have been waiting for the AEV bumpers. Thought they would be available last year, then they said they would be available Jan this year...still no bumpers!

Rig looks great! Love the color!

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
love the color matched wheels and black ring. As far as the sensors, I have Parksense off all the time anyway, but my question is if get a bumper with no provisions for the sensors, can I just leave them unplugged without any reprecussions?

OP
OP
JMatt

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
love the color matched wheels and black ring. As far as the sensors, I have Parksense off all the time anyway, but my question is if get a bumper with no provisions for the sensors, can I just leave them unplugged without any reprecussions?
it seems like you could. The 4 sensors are on the same wiring harness as the license plate lights. So I think you would just zip tie them out of the way somewhere and use the switch on the dash to turn them off. That switch remembers its last position so you don't have to manually turn them off every time you get in the Jeep.

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
it seems like you could. The 4 sensors are on the same wiring harness as the license plate lights. So I think you would just zip tie them out of the way somewhere and use the switch on the dash to turn them off. That switch remembers its last position so you don't have to manually turn them off every time you get in the Jeep.
Makes sense. Yeah I already have Park sense off all the time lol. I was just wondering if having them unplugged would give any issues. Also thanks for pointing it out that they are on the same harness as the plate light. makes it easier for my decision haha.

Sponsored

Phillies1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler TJ, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Last Saturday, eight days ago, I drove from near Ann Arbor, MI to LoD Offroad outside of Lafayette IN. Picked up front and rear bumpers and their tire carrier.

The engineering on the LoD Offroad products blew me away!!!! They thought of everything. This was the best engineered mod I think I've ever seen. Cannot recommend them highly enough. Their products are amazing!!

20200215_194124.jpg

20200216_192754.jpg
Fantastic build and looks great! Just took delivery of my diesel this week and I'm in research mode. Did Fuel color match or did you paint them? Thanks for the ideas!

OP
OP
JMatt

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
Fantastic build and looks great! Just took delivery of my diesel this week and I'm in research mode. Did Fuel color match or did you paint them? Thanks for the ideas!
Fuel color matched per my instructions. But honestly - Fuel was a disaster to work with and I'd never do it again. After waiting 8 weeks for my custom painted wheels, they shipped my off-the-shelf unpainted wheels. This was after claiming six weeks in that they had 4 wheels done but found a forging defect in the fifth so they were remaking that one. That lie fell apart after the shipped unpainted wheels and didn't have ANY of my wheels done. After two more weeks of delay I finally got the wheels.

I went painted so they would be an exact match, and there's a lot of close powder coat colors, but none are exact. So the look is what I was after. But the process with Fuel was a pain in the ass.

Phillies1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler TJ, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Fuel color matched per my instructions. But honestly - Fuel was a disaster to work with and I'd never do it again. After waiting 8 weeks for my custom painted wheels, they shipped my off-the-shelf unpainted wheels. This was after claiming six weeks in that they had 4 wheels done but found a forging defect in the fifth so they were remaking that one. That lie fell apart after the shipped unpainted wheels and didn't have ANY of my wheels done. After two more weeks of delay I finally got the wheels.

I went painted so they would be an exact match, and there's a lot of close powder coat colors, but none are exact. So the look is what I was after. But the process with Fuel was a pain in the ass.

Thanks for sharing all you went through. that really was a terrible experience and I appreciate the words of caution. The wheels look great but I’ll probably take your advice and stay away from the Fuels. Thanks!

ale70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well first, congrats on getting the diesel after your agonizing wait. So the sensors work perfectly, but . . .

I currently have the 37s mounted as low as possible. Gives great sightlines out the rearview mirror - and sets off the rear sensors. If I mount the tire up another inch or so the sensors work without being set off by the tire. So the tradeoff is, best rear visibility and turn off the sensors (rear camera works fine), or live with a slightly less good rearview, but have sensors ready to warn you of anything back there. I'm currently choosing best rear view and turn off the beeping in reverse.
Amazing build! Congrats! When you say "the rear camera works fine", I guess you mean with the LOD relocation kit, right?

Also, do you know if LOD is still giving out 10% to forum members?

Thanks for your reply!

OP
OP
JMatt

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
Amazing build! Congrats! When you say "the rear camera works fine", I guess you mean with the LOD relocation kit, right?

Also, do you know if LOD is still giving out 10% to forum members?

Thanks for your reply!
Yes, I meant the relocation kit works great and the view is just like factory. I dont know about forum discounts, but LoD was great to work with. And as I demonstrated above, I wont just say that about every purchase. LoD was great.

Sponsored

ale70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, I spoke to LOD and they now have a 15% off promotion!!

OP
OP
JMatt

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
OK - so I was literally out of town for three months because of COVID-19. But I'm back and it's time to restart this build. Today's new parts:
Jeep Wrangler JL Jmatt's Sting Gray Build Shocks

Fox 2.5 DSC shocks. I'll try to install them as soon as this evening. Jeep is sitting on a Teraflex spacer lift. Metalcloak Gamechanger 3.5" lift is on the way.

OP
OP
JMatt

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
And how can I forget? Picked this up last night to fill that empty spot in the front bumper.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jmatt's Sting Gray Build Winch

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
OK - so I was literally out of town for three months because of COVID-19. But I'm back and it's time to restart this build. Today's new parts:
Jeep Wrangler JL Jmatt's Sting Gray Build Winch

Fox 2.5 DSC shocks. I'll try to install them as soon as this evening. Jeep is sitting on a Teraflex spacer lift. Metalcloak Gamechanger 3.5" lift is on the way.
Curious what is the extended length of those shocks? I have the rocksports with my metalcloak springs and love the flex i get since they extend 30”

Btw great looking jeep!!!

OP
OP
JMatt

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
Thanks!! The shocks I'm using are "only" 28.51" extended and 17.34" compressed on the front. Metalcloak actually recommends the next size up, which are 30.51" extended and 18.34" compressed. But this build is more of an overlander build than all-out rock crawler and the shorter compressed length gives me more uptravel, which is better for forest service roads and desert blasting. Rock crawlers benefit from more downtravel like you've got.

I have a JKUR with the Metalcloak Gamechanger 3.5" lift and I use ADS adjustable shocks on that one. Those give me something more than 30" extended (don't have stats with me at the moment). That build is more suited to rock crawling.

And I got three corners installed this evening. I should finish the fourth corner sometime in the morning. I'm eager to test them out.
Curious what is the extended length of those shocks? I have the rocksports with my metalcloak springs and love the flex i get since they extend 30”

Btw great looking jeep!!!
Sponsored