Clubs

That's weird. Definitely a Sport.
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
The "Special Editions" just seem like trims with a bunch of options. If you want those options, the Special Edition is probably worth it, and you may save some money. It just gets confusing because the online builder doesn't tell someone that. Instead, the online builder has literally 12, an even dozen, different trims you can build. I can imagine its a little overwhelming for a customer to compare trims and packages when they are throwing a dozen different trims at someone.

OP
OP
richardya

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
Are the rims black or silver? On the altitude/sport you have?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Are the rims black or silver? On the altitude/sport you have?
Not sure who you're asking, but my wheels are 18" black.

EDIT - I just noticed on the window sticker that @diesel_jeep posted, the wheels are listed as 17" black styled wheels. Plus the vehicle is a diesel. I wonder if FCA/Jeep is considering this a different Altitude combination?

OP
OP
richardya

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure who you're asking, but my wheels are 18" black.

EDIT - I just noticed on the window sticker that @diesel_jeep posted, the wheels are listed as 17" black styled wheels. Plus the vehicle is a diesel. I wonder if FCA/Jeep is considering this a different Altitude combination?
I am totally confused by that window sticker. @diesel_jeep , you do not have power locks or windows correct?

Sponsored

diesel_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4bt Cj
I am totally confused by that window sticker. @diesel_jeep , you do not have power locks or windows correct?
only options are the diesel+auto and stainless sills... Everything else is as it is on the base model.

Still wondering why it says "Altitude" if I sell the Jeep at some point in the future can I call it a Sport "Altitude"?

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 2016 Toyota Venza, 2005 Nissan Sentra, 1972 Jeep CJ5
only options are the diesel+auto and stainless sills... Everything else is as it is on the base model.

Still wondering why it says "Altitude" if I sell the Jeep at some point in the future can I call it a Sport "Altitude"?
It may just be a weird typo.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

can I call it a Sport "Altitude"?
I honestly think your window sticker saying Altitude is a typo. There's nothing else on the sticker that indicates that the vehicle is a true "Altitude" edition. I just checked the 2020 order guide also. Your black wheels are the standard 17" base Sport wheels. Like you said, everything on your sticker is base Sport other than the options you mentioned. You'd have the 24L package listed if it were an Altitude. Try this. Go to this link and enter your VIN to pull up your build sheet. See what's listed and report back.

Robertmkc

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Willys, 2019 JLUS
In my opinion, if someone is looking at getting a Sport S with some options, the Willys is probably the best value. I got a quote from Criswell on a Willys and a Sport S, both with the following options: 7" UConnect, Trailer tow group, convenience group (I'll actually remove that when I go to order), 3 piece hard top, and LED lights on the Sport S (standard on the Willys). Totals came to $37k for the Sport S and $39k for the Willys, plus tax, tag, and $300 processing fee. Some people say the Willys package is just a sticker package, but in reality you get black Rubi wheels, MT2s, Rubi shocks and brakes, fuel door, and rock sliders with step assist all as part of the package. I feel like that is pretty darn worth the $2k difference.
I didn't get a fuel door or step assists on my Willys. I don't think those are standard for that trim level.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I didn't get a fuel door or step assists on my Willys. I don't think those are standard for that trim level.
Fuel door for Willys appears to be an option. Standard Willys comes with Rubicon rock rails. Anything else is an option.

Sponsored

OP
OP
richardya

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase

Just to be safe, I would check the VIN on your vehicle with the window sticker and maybe ask Jeep. They have chat window support that is pretty good. Dont ask where it is, i forgot but used it a week or two ago.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with the OP. But this is what you find when you go on Jeep.com these days --see below. This is absolutely RIDICULOUS!

The goal of the website should be to help shoppers find the right vehicle for their needs, not to overwhelm them with crap. Most of what Jeep calls "editions" can be handled much more efficiently by presenting them as "value packages".

I have been buying Wranglers for 11 years so I like to think have a good sense of what I am looking for. But I know of a few long-term Wrangler owners who bought a JL only to find out when it was too late that they could have gotten proximity door locks, Selec-Trac or what not.

I feel sorry for anyone coming out of the blue and trying to figure out the cluster f*ck Jeep is throwing at them.

nc_oc=AQlhW5key00lW5AxjNAZGcsRm1QABiESxlE_U_LZKdN4Pk0ms5Agy5KZyyyWwi5mwak&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

But this is what you find when you go on Jeep.com these days --see below. This is absolutely RIDICULOUS!
Holy crap. I've been on that site quite a few times before heading to buy my 2020. I completely missed that there's a Willys and a Willys Sport, just like I missed that there was an Altitude Sport (as I mentioned above). That is ridiculous.

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
I agree with the OP. But this is what you find when you go on Jeep.com these days --see below. This is absolutely RIDICULOUS!

The goal of the website should be to help shoppers find the right vehicle for their needs, not to overwhelm them with crap. Most of what Jeep calls "editions" can be handled much more efficiently by presenting them as "value packages".

I have been buying Wranglers for 11 years so I like to think have a good sense of what I am looking for. But I know of a few long-term Wrangler owners who bought a JL only to find out when it was too late that they could have gotten proximity door locks, Selec-Trac or what not.

I feel sorry for anyone coming out of the blue and trying to figure out the cluster f*ck Jeep is throwing at them.

nc_oc=AQlhW5key00lW5AxjNAZGcsRm1QABiESxlE_U_LZKdN4Pk0ms5Agy5KZyyyWwi5mwak&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg
When I first started playing on that site early last year, there was only 6 options (Sport, Sport S, Sport Altitude, Sahara, Sahara Altitude, and Rubicon).

After narrowing down my choice based on the options I wanted to a Sport Altitude, I was starting to worry it was going to go away before I ordered because there were so many new editions being added...

Nope, it’s still there a year later, along all 6 additional options. :facepalm:

JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
I understand Altitude, Willys, Freedom, Black and Tan that all come with something unique compared to regular trims... but a North Package seems overkill considering it is literally just cold weather package & 2.0 on a Sahara with nothing else.
Sponsored