First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Chevy Colorado, '20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Fire Marshal (Retired)
Other than the obvious more room with the 4 door, what are some pros and cons of 2 door vs 4 door?

I'm thinking about getting a 2 door Willys.

Thanks
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Other than the obvious more room with the 4 door, what are some pros and cons of 2 door vs 4 door?

I'm thinking about getting a 2 door Willys.

Thanks
The 2 door is more maneuverable, so if you don't need to make regular use of the back seat I'd consider it.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 2 dr JK, and moved to a 4 dr JKU briefly before buying my JLUR. so my thoughts are on the JK, JL may be a little different.
  • I have two boys, and it was a pain in the a$$ getting them in and out when it was tipping down with rain.
  • Baseball bags quickly take up the much of the trunk space.
  • They definitely drive differently, well there was a difference between the JK and JKU,
  • I would suggest test driving 2dr vs 4dr, 2.0 vs 3.0, and figure out what you like the most.
I went out looking for a 4 dr and didn't have an engine preference, I ended up driving home in a 2.0, and I am really happy with it.

Sponsored

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I had a 2 dr JK, and moved to a 4 dr JKU briefly before buying my JLUR. so my thoughts are on the JK, JL may be a little different.
  • I have two boys, and it was a pain in the a$$ getting them in and out when it was tipping down with rain.
  • Baseball bags quickly take up the much of the trunk space.
  • They definitely drive differently, well there was a difference between the JK and JKU,
  • I would suggest test driving 2dr vs 4dr, 2.0 vs 3.0, and figure out what you like the most.
I went out looking for a 4 dr and didn't have an engine preference, I ended up driving home in a 2.0, and I am really happy with it.
Totally the same situation. Two boys playing baseball and sometimes needing to add one of their teammates. Those baseball bigs are way bigger than they need to be. In addition, I need somewhere to fit the pups when the kids are in back!

If it weren't for the extra mammals, I'd consider the 2-door.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
4 doors ride a bit better and they are more stable in steep hill climbs. It does drag the belly offroad more though. Give and take. If you don't expect to need the room, I think you'll enjoy the 2 door. I liked my 4 door but I should have gone with my gut and bought the 2 door to begin with.

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I had a TJ, then a 2007 4 Dr JK and then when the JL came out had to have one....I went with a 2DR JL Rubi con....all my jeeps have been lifted, locked, and off road ready and spend about 10-15% there. I don't have a family ...just wife and I.... It is a daily driver.... I always felt with the JK 4 door it was no where near as nimble as the TJ... I like the smallness of the 2 door. This a 3rd vehicle and the others are 4 doors so I never think about taking a bunch of folks in the jeep but the back seat is comfy if needed to fit some folks back there. Also since the JK came out with the 4 doors became the hot selling jeep and that has continued with the JL...You literally see yourself coming and going every day with the 4 door. I don't see 2 doors everyday...and I like that. I also like I don't need to lift the 2 door much and it looks beefy...feel like the 4 door needs more lift to look proportionally correct...and I like a low center of gravity.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Been on motorcycles since I was 5. Probably 1,000,000 miles in my helmet all by myself. Brief discussions every 150 miles at various gas or food stops along the way.
February 20th 2018 on a plain old regular Tuesday morning I was nearly killed in my first MC accident in those 51 years. After having a jeep as a kid, I almost bought another new jeep in 2016, instead I bought the motorcycle that I would nearly meet my maker on 2 yrs later.
5 ribs with a total of 14 breaks in them, each of which had pieces that needed to be surgically removed from my lung and have plates on them to recover.
Two weeks of ICU and recovering at home I ordered my 2018 JLU Rubicon.
38,000 later I have honestly had more fun with at least one maybe two passengers in the desert or mountains for two to three weeks at a time than I ever had inside my helmet.
4 drs for me just for the simple reason of enjoying this with my wife or friends along with our gear.
I thank God every time I get in the Jeep for the opportunity to be here!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Been on motorcycles since I was 5. Probably 1,000,000 miles in my helmet all by myself. Brief discussions every 150 miles at various gas or food stops along the way.
February 20th 2018 on a plain old regular Tuesday morning I was nearly killed in my first MC accident in those 51 years. After having a jeep as a kid, I almost bought another new jeep in 2016, instead I bought the motorcycle that I would nearly meet my maker on 2 yrs later.
5 ribs with a total of 14 breaks in them, each of which had pieces that needed to be surgically removed from my lung and have plates on them to recover.
Two weeks of ICU and recovering at home I ordered my 2018 JLU Rubicon.
38,000 later I have honestly had more fun with at least one maybe two passengers in the desert or mountains for two to three weeks at a time than I ever had inside my helmet.
4 drs for me just for the simple reason of enjoying this with my wife or friends along with our gear.
I thank God every time I get in the Jeep for the opportunity to be here!
Glad you're still with us man.
Sponsored