XM radio problems

nicks3213

First Name
Nickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have a message on the xm screen that says "no signal contact dealer" and my position shown by the nav is wrong. Anybody know what the problem might be? I have done the radio reset. The unit is the 8" screen unit.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have a message on the xm screen that says "no signal contact dealer" and my position shown by the nav is wrong. Anybody know what the problem might be? I have done the radio reset. The unit is the 8" screen unit.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

OP
OP

nicks3213

First Name
Nickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have an appointment in the morning at a dealership. They said they would do some research on the problem today. Please do open a case on this for me.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
For those that might be interested, the XM radio and nav problem was a bad antenna. A simple and quick fix at a Jeep dealer..
ā€œA simple and quick fix at a Jeep dealer...ā€? Wow. That is a first.

If my Jeep dealer is not making things difficult, it ainā€™t trying.

Glad you got it resolved.

Cherry Bomb

First Name
Griz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L I4, 1992 YJ 2.5L 4cyl
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck with the dealer. I took my 2019 JLUR in today for the same issue and the dealership said they couldn't help unless i bought a kit. They said i could buy a kit that relocates the antenna which makes no sense since I already relocated the antenna above the drivers visor, since my roof rack was interfering with the signal. If I take my freedom panels off the antenna has no interference and same thing, no signal

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Good luck with the dealer. I took my 2019 JLUR in today for the same issue and the dealership said they couldn't help unless i bought a kit. They said i could buy a kit that relocates the antenna which makes no sense since I already relocated the antenna above the drivers visor, since my roof rack was interfering with the signal. If I take my freedom panels off the antenna has no interference and same thing, no signal
Fun fact I learned from a different vehicle I owned - the antennas fail often. Itā€™s not really an antenna, at allā€¦ you might consider replacing it to see if the problem goes away.

Cherry Bomb

First Name
Griz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Fun fact I learned from a different vehicle I owned - the antennas fail often. Itā€™s not really an antenna, at allā€¦ you might consider replacing it to see if the problem goes away.
That's the plan, the dealership told me they failed to even check if it was the antenna. Of course they were probably just trying to get me to buy there relocation kit. Now they tell me appointments are booked for two weeks before they can get it back in. sMH

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I ditched my XM radio subscription, and am very happy. I dont have to listen to the same songs, day after day, and no more round and round with XM trying to jack up the rates. Now I use local radio, and Spotify on trips. I listen to the music I like, not some off the wall crap song nobody ever liked, and they push these off the wall song none stop.

Sponsored

Cherry Bomb

First Name
Griz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ditched my XM radio subscription, and am very happy. I dont have to listen to the same songs, day after day, and no more round and round with XM trying to jack up the rates. Now I use local radio, and Spotify on trips. I listen to the music I like, not some off the wall crap song nobody ever liked, and they push these off the wall song none stop.
I don't use it for music, it ties into my GPS Navigation, vehicle locator and things like that. Ya I listen to playlists.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I don't use it for music, it ties into my GPS Navigation, vehicle locator and things like that. Ya I listen to playlists.
Totally understandable. Mine doesnt have GPS Navigation, so ditching XM doesn't affect me. Good luck.
Sponsored