Sponsored

Jmatt's Sting Gray Build

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
So I picked up a new JLUR 10 days ago. This will be my wife's daily driver and she "doesn't want a stinking girl Jeep." (No offense to the ladies here.) Here's what I brought home.

20200213_195227.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
JMatt

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
Last Saturday, eight days ago, I drove from near Ann Arbor, MI to LoD Offroad outside of Lafayette IN. Picked up front and rear bumpers and their tire carrier.

The engineering on the LoD Offroad products blew me away!!!! They thought of everything. This was the best engineered mod I think I've ever seen. Cannot recommend them highly enough. Their products are amazing!!

20200215_194124.jpg

20200216_192754.jpg

OP
OP
JMatt

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
Added some bits from Quadratech. I know it's not DOT, but I'm using this instead of the factory center light. With a 37 on the back I need all the rear view I can get.
20200222_213358.jpg

Sponsored

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Last Saturday, eight days ago, I drove from near Ann Arbor, MI to LoD Offroad outside of Lafayette IN. Picked up front and rear bumpers and their tire carrier.

The engineering on the LoD Offroad products blew me away!!!! They thought of everything. This was the best engineered mod I think I've ever seen. Cannot recommend them highly enough. Their products are amazing!!

20200215_194124.jpg

20200216_192754.jpg
Your Jeep looks AWESOME! Love the color!

OP
OP
JMatt

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
And just got the cube lights installed in the rear bumper and wired to the factory upfitter switches.

20200229_140510.jpg

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Yep, really like the painted wheels!
Looks great, I'm watching your build for sure.
Thanks for the pics & info.
:like:

OP
OP
JMatt

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
Yep, really like the painted wheels!
Looks great, I'm watching your build for sure.
Thanks for the pics & info.
:like:
Thanks! There's a lot of "anthracite gray" and other wheels that look close. But I wanted exact. I had the rings painted matte black because this rig will get wheeled hard eventually, and I figured matte black would be easy to touch up, and I like the contrast with the main wheel.

Sponsored

Rangerhughes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon 2 door, 2020 Mercedes AMG 45, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Dodge PW: 2017 Indian Chieftain
And just got the cube lights installed in the rear bumper and wired to the factory upfitter switches.

20200229_140510.jpg
Love the LOD bumper so much I order one on Friday, looks like its a month out from delivery, how does it handle the weight of those 37? I ordered 38's to put on my build, hopefully it all works out.

OP
OP
JMatt

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
Love the LOD bumper so much I order one on Friday, looks like its a month out from delivery, how does it handle the weight of those 37? I ordered 38's to put on my build, hopefully it all works out.
It seems to handle the 37" with ease. The engineering they put into this to get everything locked firmly in place when the tailgate is closed, seems to have worked awesomely. I'm surprised at how low in the rear view mirror the 37" tire is. Great external visibility. It rides dead quiet going down roads, even when I intentionally find bumpy spots to test. So I think it'll handle a 38" spare with ease.

Ignore the directions they give you. Instead find the video of the full install. I watched and paused the video for virtually every step. Worked great.

Rangerhughes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon 2 door, 2020 Mercedes AMG 45, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Dodge PW: 2017 Indian Chieftain
It seems to handle the 37" with ease. The engineering they put into this to get everything locked firmly in place when the tailgate is closed, seems to have worked awesomely. I'm surprised at how low in the rear view mirror the 37" tire is. Great external visibility. It rides dead quiet going down roads, even when I intentionally find bumpy spots to test. So I think it'll handle a 38" spare with ease.

Ignore the directions they give you. Instead find the video of the full install. I watched and paused the video for virtually every step. Worked great.
Iv been looking on YouTube but I can only find a JK install, they show that "some holes need to be drilled", Does the JL still need this mod? other then that it looks strait forward, any suggestions or advice is truly welcomed.

Thanks
John

OP
OP
JMatt

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
Iv been looking on YouTube but I can only find a JK install, they show that "some holes need to be drilled", Does the JL still need this mod? other then that it looks strait forward, any suggestions or advice is truly welcomed.

Thanks
John
The JL install is easier and fairly obvious when you see it. No drilling required on a JL.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager

20200229_140510.jpg
How did the sensor do when you put them in the bumper...any problems? Looks good! Pick my Diesel up tomorrow.
Sponsored