First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Yeah, it’s just a pain on my iPhone because it doesn’t scroll over when you pinch to zoom and my eyes are getting crappy so I cannot see it without pinching and zooming, so it just easier for me to ask.
You need a bigger phone! lol
Sponsored

G-Dog15

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon on order.
when I was ordering I thought with the Diesel and the Sky one touch jacking the cost up 10 grand that the rest of options wouldn't be to much to add. Now I maybe regretting that.

wannabe

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350, 2020 Jeep JLUR Diesel
Tom: Can you add me to the spreadsheet.

20200229_223723.jpg

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
West Texas Barn Find 1970 Kaiser Jeepster Commando
Vehicle Showcase
I am with you Tom, Once The JL's were first announced and there was word of a diesel I was waiting. Does make it much more pain ful once you finally get an order in but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.. Can't wait to see yours Tom I know im getting antsy know I can only imagine how your holding up...lol
I've been waiting for an open-top, off-road capable "diesel something" since I owned my first diesel back in 2002. Since then I lived about 7 years in Germany and the majority of my vehicles were diesel. When I heard FCA was going to make a Wrangler diesel, I was actually pretty skeptical at first and questioned if it would really make it to production. To me it seems like the days of diesel are numbered in the light duty market. The diesel complexity and cost keeps climbing and the efficiency gap with gasoline is narrowing. Nearly half of the total engine volume is now dedicated to exhaust and after-treatment, and more than half of the sensors, actuators, and controls complexity is emissions related. On top of that public opinion on diesel is probably at an all time low due to several recent scandals (including FCA). I ordered a diesel because I feel like it might be my last chance to get one in the type of vehicle I want and I will continue to wait because I have little faith that this option will exist long term. This is my first Wrangler and I suspect that if I ever own another, it will be electric.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Finally got the dark knight out on the road after 10 days of mods since delivery. To those of you still waiting, you will be VERY happy you did. This thing is what the wrangler always should have been. Plenty fast, solid diesel sound, same great JL chops off road. I took it down a pretty gnarly 4x4 track loaded with snow today and it crushed with 35” Nokian Hakka LT2s.

D4A7C4C8-25A7-449C-B0D0-8AD400EE0CC2.jpeg

25B86694-1F59-4251-87E2-7BDB6BED1B2E.jpeg

G-Dog15

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon on order.
Finally got the dark knight out on the road after 10 days of mods since delivery. To those of you still waiting, you will be VERY happy you did. This thing is what the wrangler always should have been. Plenty fast, solid diesel sound, same great JL chops off road. I took it down a pretty gnarly 4x4 track loaded with snow today and it crushed with 35” Nokian Hakka LT2s.

Looks good. Which Warn winch did you go with?

Toniagp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S 3.0 EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase

Nice to see it on the road finally!!

Sponsored

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Tom,

Just got my window sticker today. Dealer said they are tracking a ship date of 10 March. I suspect that means an arrival at the dealer (Nampa Idaho) of around 23-26 March....which is of course just exactly the time I head out of the country for a week... I will thus probably pick it up the second week of April.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Looks good. Which Warn winch did you go with?
I swapped the Zeon 10s from my 3.6. Love the winch, hate the install. The inner 4 flange nuts holding it to the frame rail require some bodily and tool-related contortions the likes of which I’d like to never repeat. The winch is so close to one of those 4 nuts it needed some redneck engineering on a grinder to clear the winch.

G-Dog15

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I swapped the Zeon 10s from my 3.6. Love the winch, hate the install. The inner 4 flange nuts holding it to the frame rail require some bodily and tool-related contortions the likes of which I’d like to never repeat. The winch is so close to one of those 4 nuts it needed some redneck engineering on a grinder to clear the winch.
I had been looking at them at that was my pick. It really looks good setting inside the Bumper. I also found the Brush bar that is a direct Bolt on to the steel bumper and it is a low profile so I’m thinking it will look good with that winch.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I've been waiting for an open-top, off-road capable "diesel something" since I owned my first diesel back in 2002. Since then I lived about 7 years in Germany and the majority of my vehicles were diesel. When I heard FCA was going to make a Wrangler diesel, I was actually pretty skeptical at first and questioned if it would really make it to production. To me it seems like the days of diesel are numbered in the light duty market. The diesel complexity and cost keeps climbing and the efficiency gap with gasoline is narrowing. Nearly half of the total engine volume is now dedicated to exhaust and after-treatment, and more than half of the sensors, actuators, and controls complexity is emissions related. On top of that public opinion on diesel is probably at an all time low due to several recent scandals (including FCA). I ordered a diesel because I feel like it might be my last chance to get one in the type of vehicle I want and I will continue to wait because I have little faith that this option will exist long term. This is my first Wrangler and I suspect that if I ever own another, it will be electric.
I don’t know if diesels are on their way out here in the states, actually I think it’s the other way. Ford, Chevy, and Ram all now offer a small diesel in their 1500 series trucks, Jeep is putting in the Wrangler and Gladiator, and even Mazda has a diesel option in the states. Yes the German auto manufacturers are getting away from it, but thankfully the big 3 seem to be just getting into it.

gnome

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.... 1994 base YJ .......... 2006 Dakota ..... ..... 2020 Sahara 3.0D
Occupation
retired IBEW electrician
Whoa... There are rednecks in Alaska?... :whatsgoingon:
Sponsored