Sponsored

The loudest exhaust on a JL

Maz7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, last year i bought my Borla ATAK exhaust and i wasn't saticfied ; It wasn't loud enough. I need something much louder and i don't wanna buy based on videos judgment because they aren't clear. I don't wanna repeat that mistake. I need some people experience. I've been recommended to get either the Flowmaster outlaw or the Gibson mulisha, but are there any more recommendations. Any one has any ideas about the
Rebel Series 2-1/2" 304 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust System

I need something extremely loud and aggressive. Drone doesn't bother me
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I'd try the Dynomax muffler delete, others have noticed drone but I haven't, and I have had exhaust w/ drone on other vehicles so I do know it when I hear it :) It's only $100 so worth a shot, and it frees up a bunch of room (and some weight) under the tail end of the JL.

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Dynomax muffler delete as well super easy to install not that loud Because of the resonator if there’s a deleted diesel next to me I can’t hear the 3.6:like:

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The muffler delete is loud! Ricer loud. It has earned its place in my garage as “trail only” :)

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
For loud, just straight pipe it and put a 3.5" tip on it. I couldn't deal with it, but it's your Jeep.

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, last year i bought my Borla ATAK exhaust and i wasn't saticfied ; It wasn't loud enough. I need something much louder and i don't wanna buy based on videos judgment because they aren't clear. I don't wanna repeat that mistake. I need some people experience. I've been recommended to get either the Flowmaster outlaw or the Gibson mulisha, but are there any more recommendations. Any one has any ideas about the
Rebel Series 2-1/2" 304 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust System

I need something extremely loud and aggressive. Drone doesn't bother me
Okie Redneck special delete pipe with cherry bomb glass pack loud with out drone

C99DBC62-6C4A-40C0-9556-F65FE3FD29C4.jpeg

0BC28BFC-DAE5-4A64-A219-FB84A0548EC9.jpeg

06775749-CD7F-4E61-8A2C-12B1A33C8757.jpeg

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Our Rock Crawler kit with the before-axle exit is fairly aggressive. There's always the straight pipe option, though it wouldn't be very fun to drive!

Sponsored

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Keep the resonator that is what gives you the hp/torque curve and toss the stock water heater muffler in the trash and slap a pipe on the end:like:

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm fairly certain the resonator has a negative effect on power, as it would on all other 4-stroke engines.
Maybe HP around 5,000 to 6,500RPM but I think it has some affect on the low end torque which the 3.6 desperately needs:)

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It’s mostly for reducing drone behind the cats there’s not much to gain or lose maybe 5HP:surprised:

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Maybe HP around 5,000 to 6,500RPM but I think it has some affect on the low end torque which the 3.6 desperately needs:)
The only time I've read that exhaust back-pressure can add power is in one of these scenarios:
  • If the factory tune can't compensate for the additional airflow, and the motor runs lean.
  • 2-stroke engines, to prevent the intake charge from blowing right out the exhaust
  • If the (4-stroke) engine has a too high overlap camshaft, and the back-pressure effectively lessens the overlap. This is not the scenario for the 3.6, since it has VVT.
Sponsored